Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your Age/Date/Weight/Location?

Hi I just wanted to know everyone's age, date of surgery, current weight, goal weight, location and doctors?

I'll start

I'm Emily and I'm 22 my date is 12/18/08, my current weight is 257 ish, I want to weigh 145 I'm getting banded at memorial hospital in Tampa Fl by Dr. Aguilia.

I am Peter and I am 36. My surgery date is Dec. 5th (next Friday). I currently weigh 447 lbs and have a target weight of 195 lbs. I will be banded at Angeles HealthCare Group in Tijuana, Mexico by Dr. Kuri.

Hi I am being banded 12/3/08. I'm nervious I have read so much negative stuff on this site. Is there anything positive about lap band. I don't want to suffer more after the surgery. I thought that I would feel better in time. Someone please give me something positive to to go on.

ylj

I am 62 yrs young, 11/24/08 my weight is 274 and I live in Boston

Edited by yljones
left out age, date, weight and location

yljones: You will always have good and bad with everything, even the lap band. In the beginning alot of people have difficulty with hunger and pain. I did not. Everyone is different. You will get through it and realize that it is all worth it. Follow your rules. That is the biggest key to sucess. I am 41, had my surgery in 2006, and am close to goal. I was a slow loser, but I let my body do it's thing and it has finally got there. Remember, it's not a race, don't compare yourself to others, listen to your body, and remember this is about health, not the size you wear. The band has changed my health, and I would do it over again in a heart beat. Good Luck to all of you, and yljones, please let us know how it goes on 12/03, I will be thinking and praying for you. Good Luck!

to much i weigh lol age now to old 50 lol atleast i dont look it,people always thinks im 10 yrs younger tg,so with my weight loss should only get better ,i used to live michigan then georgia i loved it there,now louisana ugh.i was banded oct 20th and im doing great.walk 45 mins each day sometime 2 walks

Hi I am being banded 12/3/08. I'm nervious I have read so much negative stuff on this site. Is there anything positive about lap band. I don't want to suffer more after the surgery. I thought that I would feel better in time. Someone please give me something positive to to go on.

ylj

I am 62 yrs young, 11/24/08 my weight is 274 and I live in Boston

YLJones - you need to go to the positive threads on this site! Go to the age-group area and try the 50's and 60's. Esp in the 50's - a thread called "Hey 50 and over gang -" and the 60+ thread in the 60's age group area. Also there are mentoring threads - esp "I'm here to help" started by IndioGirl. Other threads in December 2008 Bandsters are also great positive threads. Start with "Do You Have a December Date?" and go from there.

I read all the negative stuff when I first started with LBTalk - I believe we need to know both the negative and positive aspects of this venture. After a while most of the negative posts sounded like a continual b**** session. I figured if it was that bad, why would anyone do it??? I began to look for the positive, supportive threads and found several. You are going to need positive support and sometimes some tough love as you go on this journey - you can find it here.

Sorry I got off your original topic - I am 66 years old, my starting weight is 244, my surgery date is December 4th, surgeon is Dr. Bernita Berntsen at Tallgrass Surgery Assoc, hospital is St. Francis, Topeka, KS.

Hey all,

My name is Cali, I'm 23 yrs old, my surgery date is 12/22/08, my current weight is 288lbs, I live in Kansas but will be banded in Denver Colorado with the amazing Dr. Brown. I can't wait to start my new life!!! I look forward to meeting all of you!

Hi I just wanted to know everyone's age, date of surgery, current weight, goal weight, location and doctors?

I'll start

I'm Emily and I'm 22 my date is 12/18/08, my current weight is 257 ish, I want to weigh 145 I'm getting banded at memorial hospital in Tampa Fl by Dr. Aguilia.

Ok, I'll answer this, but please Bear in mind, that I'm emotionally fragile, and you guys will be the only people without some sort of medical degree who know the answer to some of these! My husband thinks he outweighs me, but I've got him by a good 30 pounds or more! Then again, maybe he's lying and knows better, but is feeding my ego.

I'm Wyllis, 35, 12/5/2008, weigh 342 (UGH!) goal of 165ish, Louisville, Ky, Dr Jorje Rodriquez

Edited by 2b-banded
Left off my Dr. DUH!!

Good Morning,

I'm Gretchen, 30 years old, 260ish, my goal weight would be around 160 (I can't ever remember weighing 160, so it will be quite a change!). I'm getting banded at Washington Hospital Center in Washington DC by Dr. Frank Finelli. Oh, yeah, I'm getting banded on December 4! :)

Wyllis - that was tough for you (it is for all of us). There is a beautiful young woman in there - and she is about to emerge. It will take a little longer than it does for a butterfly, but she is there and she will have a long and healthy life in her new body.

This is true for all of us...

Happy Thanksgiving

I am 48 years old, surgery scheduled for 12/22/08, weight 235 and the location is JFK West Palm Beach. I'm so excited just thinking about how close I am to loosing this weight and looking forward to a new me 2009.:)

Goldie1960