Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is everyones port? i can feel something hard

I guess I'm like everyone else... right where the big incision is. Looks like I've got a little alien growing in there. And boy can that sucker hurt sometimes. If I don't stand or sit straight, I slouch and there comes the pain. I can't wait for it to stop bugging me and stop sticking out. I imagine, as I was told by me doc, that would not be visible in the future. BTW, mine is on my left side, directly below my rib cage.

My abdomen caves in strangely below the stitches for a couple inches. I'm sure it's just that the part of my abdomen from the stitches on up is swollen, but it looks bizarre. I can't even feel a port.

canadian girl

no secret just the change i think lol. liquids.

mind you im at a stand still at the moment. haha

how long did everyones port and area hurt?

mine still hurts a lot. when i lean forward it hurts, when i move it hurts, if im sitting and leaning back im ok and if im just standing still its ok. but if i drive or lean forward it all hurts. sometimes i have to grab my stomach as it hurts so much. is anyone else like this?

Yes, I've been very concerned about that, too. I was banded on last Friday but my port area didn't start hurting until Tuesday night. It was almost like I pulled something and even had a few drops of blood leaking. Called the doc and he said probably overdid it and to take it easy. Now, it hurts just as bad...can't sit straight up/drive/bend over without sharp pain in that area. So scared I messed something up. Oh, it is also very, very bruised. I'm using a heating pad and just praying it feels better because it hampers getting anything done and I'm using too much pain med. I had hardly used any until the last couple of days. Anyone else dealing with this? Any ideas to help? Thanks!

My port is on my left side under my ribcage. I noticed the area where my port was placed was "puckered inward" after surgery and it freaked me out, too! I assume that is where they stitched the port to my abdominal muscle. I had to laugh because it looked like a small tummy-tuck in that area and wished the doc had done it all over for me....lol. My port was killing me the day after surgery and had to take children's liquid Ibuprofen for pain and swelling. (worked great) I also used a heating pad on and off for the soreness, which helped some. I do not have any nagging problems with my port area now, but it will "get my attention" if I turn the wrong way or slouch too much. I am glad I can finally sleep stretched out on my back and walk upright again without feeling like I a going to pull stitches.:wink2:

Mine is on the right side/lower ribs. At my post op the other day I asked if I would always be able to feel/see it and was told "probably". My dr used a low profile port, saying my abdominal wall was thin (Love her lol)!!