Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec 19 band date

I just got my surgery date last week. Mine is December 1st. ! Am already on the partial liquid diet.< /p>

Hi there! I go in 2 days before you! I'm scheduled for December 17th! I'm also excited, scared, nervous, but mostly ready to do this! I'm like everyone else, been on every diet known ect. Like everyone else, this has been a very serious decision.

I'm very, very happy to join the December group!

Molly

South 1010,

Will let you know. Am on day 1 of a partial liquid diet, in preparation for the surgery.

South 1010,

I have a 12.19.08 date too!!!! Are you bursting with excitement yet? I am! I'm even having trouble sleeping at night, I can only imagine how bad the excitement is going to be come 12.18!!!

Best of luck! let me know what's up, since we're on the same time line!

hi , we share the same band date... mine is being done on december 19th as well... are you as anxious and nervous as I am.. lol

All, My surgeon has me on 2 weeks of a partial liquid diet- 2 meals of Slimfast and 1 "reasonable meal" nothing else . A few times I've felt hungry but it passes. Am also excited and nervous about the surgery...

Will be banded Dec 18! One week before christmas!!! It's my present to myself. I have been thinking about it for about 2 years now but I am now financially able to do it and I'm so excited!

Southe 1010 and all,

Hi, Just got back from the hospital an hour ago. Went in at 7:30 on Monday, the 1st. Surgery was a bit after 9:30 , woke up about 12:00 ; then they put me in a short stay room. It was an outpatient procedure but they kept me overnight (Am allergic to many antibiotics) -:cursing:

It was a breeze!! (Have had other surgeries and this was one of the easier ones) Have some medications for any pain. I was feeling some discomfort where the sutures are as I woke up, which slowly got worse; and they gave me something for the pain. Today, slight ache in my shoulder- ( from gas) and tummy is sore but feel great!! Had clear then full liquids after the fluoroscope ( to see where the band is and if it works). I am not really hungry but definitely thirsty

I know I will be sore but NOTHING like what I imagined. Still a bit tired from the anesthesia but I can start walking tomorrow

All I can say is do not hesitate to ask for something for the pain-they told me it is easier to maintain a level of comfort that to bring it back. Good Luck ALL!

Sue,

I can't believe you are already emailing. I am so proud for you, it sounds like you did great. I have been on such a roller coaster about this surgery but I finally today really feel okay about it. Yesterday was a different story, I was ready to back out. A teacher at the school where I work had the LB last Wednesday and she told me had I asked her last week she would have said it was horrible but with that said she also has never had surgery.....I have had neck surgery so I don't think that LB could be near as painful. Congratulations, keep me updated on how you are. I go Monday for my preop registration at the hospital.

Thanks for the email

Pam

Southe1010 and All,

Am 2 days post op and feel sore but great. Have an extended reach thingy from Walgreens and DH so I don't have to bend over too much. Since I let others know about the WLS have met some really nice people who share they have done it also. Including one nurse aide at the hospital who did a half marathon 6 weeks post surgery, said she hadn't done anything like that before, had 200# to lose, wasn't in shape, but felt great after the surgery.:cursing: Looking at her, I couldn't tell she had it done-she looked great. . Gotta get to walking !! TTFN .

Hi all! Thus far I'm glad to be reading that the earlier december bandsters have had successful surgeries! The 19th is right around the corner, 10 days now and I can't wait! I didn't get a pre-surgery diet other than the cleansing but, I've been doing my best to begin making the other behavioral changes that are necessary. Sadly, what actually worries me the most about the surgery is the fact that some of the people that have been banded already this month have reported having a catheter placed once they were out cold, and then removed when they awoke. I've never had a catheter, I've had my gall bladder removed and they didn't use one, nor did I have to cleanse for it, or a lot of the other things I've had done, but for some reason the idea of having one just sorta freaks me out. Otherwise, I'm pumped and can't wait for it! Best of luck to everyone in preparation for the big day!

barngal2003. Relax, a catheter is not a big deal. I may not have had one.:eek: Never saw one going into surgery and did NOT have one when I awoke in recovery. A lot depends on how long you are under general anesthesia; I went to the bathroom less than 30 minutes prior and if i had one, i didn't know. Have had outpatient procedures with and without catheters. So you may not need one. The alternative is peeing on the table :((you will not have much control of bodily functions if under general anesthesia for long). You will not be awake when it is inserted and won't feel it. If they do use one, It is not painful to remove. Some people have additional work done, like hernia repair, etc. They may be under longer and need a catheter. It also depends on what the surgeon feels is the best approach