Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2009 - New York City Banded Together-Lapband Talk National Event

Are you coming to "NYC" for the National LAP-BAND Conference?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you coming to "NYC" for the National LAP-BAND Conference?

I would be interested in attending. I would prefer NYC but if more people will come if it's in NJ it would be fine as well.

LindaGail

How about White Plains or Tarrytown, NY?

It's called Westchester County, New York’s “Golden Apple”

There are malls, shopping center and spas plus they also have an airport.

Trains running from all over Westchester County into the Big Apple. Metro-North Railroad & Amtrak from Westchester County to New York city run on three lines every 30 minutes.

I used to live in NYC. My old NYC employer usually picked Westchester County or Las Vegas for meetings and conferences. You can't get a nice room for $100 in NYC nor NJ. You have to spend at least $150.

For more info: Westchester County Office of Tourism - Home

Hi Donna,

The NYC is the first conference of the year.

My hope is to have 4 conferences in 2009.

I will be in Houston the first weekend in December and will be discussing doing a conference in Houston in June 2009.

So keep your eye on the board for future venues.

I think I would rather go to Houston.....thank you for having more than 1 in the year!! D.:)

count me in for this year's conference. I prefer NJ if the hotel accomodations will be cheaper. Merci for all your efforts and looking forward in receiving the details. VIVE LA BANDE

frenchy

I am very much interested in going to the conference. I live in CT so NYC is closer but would be willing to drive to NJ. I want to network with other lap banders.

When is the conference scheduled for?

thanks and please keep me posted.

I doubt I'll be able to attend. Will have to wait for one out west. But just in case, if this hotel in Livingston is 40 miles from NYC how does one get to the hotel? Fly into NYC?? then what? it was mentioned there'd be transportation but everyones flights would come in at different times.

:rolleyes2:Hi,

I would definitely attend an east coast NY/NJ or other east coast location for a lapband conference. NJ is just across the Hudson River from NYC with easy in/easy out access for folks who want to travel into NYC via ferry or other modes of transportation. NJ has great "tax free" shopping on clothes, a 7% sales tax on other items, and lower hotel room rates and bed taxes than NY. If you haven't guessed by now, I work for the NJ Tourist Board and would be happy to work with you toward a successful conference.

Phyllis

I put down that I would go but if it is in Livingston NJ. I would have to say maybe. It is too far from NYC and Public transportation. I already had a accident on the turnpike and I prefer not to drive. I understand that booking a conference in March may be hard. Most hotels near or in the city are already booked.

I would love to go although I don't know anyone that would be there. Is there ever anything in the Midwest (Michigan) area?

Brenda

Im in the maybe group.

The NJ venue doesn't look all that great. But I guess if you are getting transportation to/from the airport (newark) that would save folks $$. If flying into JFK or LGA it would be expensive to get to the venue. For a trip to the City you would have to rent a bus because there is no reasonable public transportation into the City.(Or transport to the PATH or NJ transit in Newark to get into the City.)

Perhaps folks and cut costs by carpools or room shares.

But it looks like you have made up your mind to have it in NJ.

Final note: if this is in NJ don't bill it as a NYC conference. That would be misleading.

(PS I did read some about the Texas conferance and there was alot of trouble with the food offered.)

I am very interested in attending the NYC/NJ Lap-Band Conference! I was so disappointed that I wasn't able to go to Houston. This is great! I live in MA, so it's an easy drive to NY/NJ.

Please keep me posted!

Vicky

I will go to NYC but I will not go to NJ. I have ridden the ferry, it is very nice but it is still better to be in town for the cost and trouble of traveling across country. I do not want to shell out for :laugh:the expense of going across country to not be in NYC. I will pay up to $300 per night for a hotel room. I am more interested in activities such as Broadway shows, museums, sight seeing and shopping with a group than a whole lot of meetings. I will not attend a class on nutrition but I would attend an exercise class and/or yoga class and a meditation class. It is doubtful I would attend a panel on anything unless it were Lipo and plastic surgery. Cosmetics, beauty gizmos, all of that would be fun. I would be interested in small groups that are very issue specific, such as weight loss or banding for people over 50. I hate big dinners where they give out awards and people give speeches so I would not attend an event with a compulsory dinner (one where the price of the dinner is included in the conference price). I hope this input was helpful.