Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery on 10/16. I finally got over the gas pain and my incisions are fine but whenever I burp or take inreally deep reaths, I get this really bad, climaxing, spasmy pain in my chest. Has anyone ever experiened this? It's very annoying and I hope it is normal and going away soon!

If you are having chest pains you really need to call your doctor! That is nothing to mess around with! Please dont wait.....I would hate for something to be wrong with you and you are ignoring it!! Keep us posted on everything!

Good luck to you!

Call your Doctor! My post-op instructions have an on-call number for any questions. Please look on your paperwork. It may be nothing to worry about, but you will feel better hearing it from your Doctor.

I am 3 wks. post-op and still have chest pains. Its uncomfortable and annoying!!! My Dr. removed some Fluid out of my band to see if that was the culprit but I still didn't get relief. :pray2: I also had an upper GI done but everything looked good. I wish I had advice for you. I thought it may 'ease' your mind to know I also have chest pains. I guess I will wait in hopes they go away soon.:grouphug:

I did call my MD's office right away because it scared me to death when it started. I was told it was normal, the band was rubbing against a swollen upper stomach, blah blah, but it is painful and annoying. I was wondering if any past patients experienced this and how long did it last?

I had surgery on the 17th. I actually was going to post about this too. Gas pains have subsided, for the most part, but sometimes when I drink or wake up and take a deep breath or swallow "spit" I do get sharp pains in my chest. Almost as if you have a horrible cold, and you don't want to swallow or cough b/c of the pain. Glad to know someone is having this too! Hopefully we will get relief soon. I thought the gas pains in the back and shoulders were going to kill me.

I hope you start to feel better. I had a horrible night because of this pain. It seems a little better this morning, but not gone!!!

Relax!!! Dont listen to the nervous nellies. I had surgery on Oct 16th. What you are experiencing is not chest pain. I had that too. It only lasted for a few days and every once in a while if I breathed in deeply. I also had back pain. All that will subside. But please dont make yourself a nervous wreck, just call your doctor if you feel something isnt right. You'll fell better once you speak to him or her.

hey, my surgery was the 16th...i have a pain that starts upper middle chest, like when you swallow air when drinking something, and it radiates to the left shoulder...i don't have to drink anything for it to happen...just comes and goes...also...i notice that i get really short of breath at night...i have to prop up on pillows to catch my breath so to speak...anyone else have this problem?

Hi, I had surgery 10/15. I have the same problems. I did call my doctor and he suggested to take Gas X stripes for the gas, and pepcid extra strength (chewable) to help with acid indisgestion. It does feel better, but on Tuesday I will get an x-ray to make sure. My doc said it could also be that the pouch area is irrated from the gas. I hope this helps.

Marlene