Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do YOU Do Da BLOG Thingie?

Hi everyone:

I think the subject speaks for itself. :biggrin:

The blog can be text-based or have audio and/or video (A lot of people do da YouTube (Channels) (Videos)). You'd be amazed at the number of people who are doing it.

So my question to you is do YOU do da blog thingie or do you prefer to not blog about your journey? Let's tell about each other's blogs. I'll start.....

My blog URL is below, but I'll give it here - As My Weight Loss World Turns I also a Twitter Page which is also below & I also have a YouTube Channel @ YouTube - asmyw8lossworldturns's Channel

How 'bout it peoples?

Cheers :biggrin:

I have a blog but just started it last week. I felt the need to just try and get my feelings out and so I did. Might be boring to some but it helps me.

Its in my signature below.

I will read yours. I am sure reading others journey will help me.

Hi everyone:

Yeah I think blogging is yet another GREAT way to socialize and network with other people who've either had the surgery or are considering it. I tailor the content of my blog around those who are considering it by giving them a wealth of information they might not otherwise think of digging up themselves.

Add video to it and it's content which the subscriber can take with them as I always link to iPod/Quicktime compatible MP4 videos which I upload to BlipTV (The YouTube Channel is a seperate link, yet YouTube has a HUGE and influencial weight loss community on there - More so than parent company Google realizes).

My blogs and their posts aren't all in text nor are they all in video. In fact, some posts are in audio using my iRiver. It all simply depends on what I have.

That said though, the one thing I'd like to do is put my weigh-in on video (So far, I've only been able to get as far as using still photos captured by the camera from my phone). I tried it once, but the cheapo $100 cam from Radio Shack wouldn't work. :thumbup:

Well anyway, I figured I'd start this thread notso we can pimp our blogs, but rather so we can share each other's journey just that much further.

Cheers :biggrin:

Nah, I'm too busy and I cant be bothered.

I also tend to approach weight loss as black and white. Eat less, move more and stop acting like a fatty boombah. There's not much to blog about in the face of an attitude like that. I dont sit around navel gazing and analysing my motivations etc. I'm not against it, its just not the way I approach things.

So my blog would be very short. It would just be "good day, ran for an hour, ate well' or "ate a packet of choc chip Cookies today, must do better tomorrow".

And I would probably vent about all the people who annoy me because they're not as decisive as I am, lol, and offend half the planet.

Ha sounds like I'm writing your blog for you Jacqui! Mine started out as an attempt to track my exercise earlier this year to get the last 20 or 30 pounds off....and its evolved to be more a personal blog over time......I've always found writing cathartic, so I enjoy it.

My url is in my signature.

Hi everyone:

Lacey, Life With A Lap Band DOES have RSS Feeds on it (One for entries and the other for comments). So you do have a Lap Band blog.

And BTW....I've been subscribing to each & every one of you guys too. :thumbup:

Let's keep this up & have some fun. :biggrin:

Cheers :thumbup:

Edited by pchamster

Lacey, Life With A Lap Band DOES have RSS Feeds on it (One for entries and the other for comments). So you do have a Lap Band blog.

That's true, I just don't really think about it as my blog since I only update that page once a week, on Monday's (or unless I see the doc):biggrin: