Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POLL: 10 Month Stats

How much weight have you lost?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How much weight have you lost?

• 0 - 9
    • 10 - 19
    • 20 - 29
    • 30 - 39
    • 40 -49
    • 50 - 59
    • 60 - 69
    • 70 - 79
    • 80 - 89
    • 90 - 100
    • 101 - 110
    • 111 - 120
    • 121 - 130
    • over 130

Cerrin - you're doing a GREAT JOB! Just look at where you (we) were a year ago . . . I would have NEVER imagined I'd be 1/4 of the way to where I am now . . . we just keep plugging away . . . and it has to work! :smile2: Yea for shopping in stores!

Chris

Cerrin! You are doing an awesome job! Maybe not where you EXPECTED yourself to be 10 months ago, but you have lost an average of 6 pounds a month...right on track! It is terrific! That would be like me carrying my 4 year old and almost 2 year old around all the time. I can hardly carry my youngest for 5 minutes. Don't discount your losses. They are amazing.

Time is on our side in this case. Every week we feel better, we get stronger, and we lose more. Work the band and the band will work. You should chant that every time you feel like you aren't where you should be.

You may have a long ways to go....but the journey is so worth it!!!!

I am trying to get back on the wagon, I have no restriction what so ever now,my mind set is starting to go back to pre band way of thinking so i have to get back into banding thinking. I to have stopped excerising.I had a support group meeting tonight the dr.was there,got me thinking a lot. i came home and walked on the treadmill for 43mins,going to try and do this everynight and stop my night snacking. I have started gaining a little so I DO NOT want to gain this back so i have to nip it in the butt before it gets out of hand. After a couple of wks of getting back on track if i don't loose then i will call the dr. But I am off my acid reflux meds so that is one blessing and I am in a size 12 from a 22, and a Lg top from a 2x so everyone keep up the good work.

Hi ladies,

its been awhile and its time to check in. I had a Doctor appt. today and my Doc. was not in, great I took a day off from work and was going to get a slight unfill. I have continued to lose weight but am not happy with how I'm losing. I eat very little, I suffer slime episodes at least 4 times a week. I know it has to do with how fast I'm eating and the food choses.

yesterday my family got together for dinner, we had chicken enchiladas, rice, Beans and a salad. I didn't even serve myself salad(can't tolerate it) had 1/2 an enchilada, maybe 2 tbs rice and beans

I knew I was full but of course tried to eat a little more ( I hate leaving the table, I want to sit and talk) next thing you know, the burping starts, then I PBing

it sometimes get depressing, I want to eat a regular meal and can't. I know I need to change my way of thinking. I need to come to terms with the fact that the amount of food I eat is normal for me. but damn, I want to serve me a large plate of salad and eat normal. there I go again with that nasty word, NORMAL. am I going crazy?

Have any of you gone through this? how can I overcome this?

Lachia . . . I know exactly how you feel . . .and I'm FINALLY (I think) getting my head used to the fact that I can't eat "normal" anymore. After a day of travel, and my only option being McDonalds . . . I made myself order a regular cheeseburger . . and thought "oh I can eat the bun on this" . . . HA . . . NOT!!!!! I nibbled 1/2 the burger down . . . and then had to stop . . . that was my limit . . . but at least I'm finally realizing I need to order the small burger . . . I don't need/can't eat a whopper . . . but my head still wants it. We just have to keep on keeping ourselves on track as much as possible. I like sitting at the table too . . . but I move all the food away from me when I'm done - or I'll start grazing . . . and I sure don't need to do that . . . we've worked too hard to get where we are . . and we're still working on it. It is just going to take time . . and more time and more time . . . :thumbup:

Good to hear from you! Keep in touch!

Chris

Lachica, I am so there with you. I struggle with this almost daily. When I am home with my family I solve this by sitting down to dinner with them with no food. Just a glass of Water. We visit, they eat, I drink. Then after they are done, while my dh does dishes I dish myself up a plate and eat while he does them. About the time he's ready to turn on the dishwasher, I'm finished with what I can eat. The rest of my plate goes in the trash or in the leftovers. My need to not incovenience him overcomes my need for a full plate of food. When we have company I take a full plate of food usually....just more band friendly than it used to be. Then I take a bite, put down my fork, chew chew chew, talk for a couple of minutes, and then take another bite. In this way I look like I eat a lot. Everyone notices that I am chewing and not the fact that it's one bite of food in the time they take 5. Often I am chewing when they ask me a question....so it seems like I'm eating a ton to them. When I eat like this I tend to stop myself before the slime/stuck spot. It's when I'm doing something else while eating that I don't notice my bodies cues.

I've been thinking about a slight unfill because of these problems but I do have to admit that I am probably at the perfect spot. I feel great when I follow the rules...and pay for it when I don't. That is my head issue...not the band's.

Good luck with your frustration. I know it is tough, but hang in there and try to aquire better habits. And lose that "normal" word. It only makes you feel like a "freak". Or at least it does me. I don't think in terms of eat like I'm normal....rather, eat like I'm skinny.

Again, good luck.

Hi ladies,

its been awhile and its time to check in. I had a Doctor appt. today and my Doc. was not in, great I took a day off from work and was going to get a slight unfill. I have continued to lose weight but am not happy with how I'm losing. I eat very little, I suffer slime episodes at least 4 times a week. I know it has to do with how fast I'm eating and the food choses.

yesterday my family got together for dinner, we had chicken enchiladas, rice, Beans and a salad. I didn't even serve myself salad(can't tolerate it) had 1/2 an enchilada, maybe 2 tbs rice and Beans

I knew I was full but of course tried to eat a little more ( I hate leaving the table, I want to sit and talk) next thing you know, the burping starts, then I PBing

it sometimes get depressing, I want to eat a regular meal and can't. I know I need to change my way of thinking. I need to come to terms with the fact that the amount of food I eat is normal for me. but damn, I want to serve me a large plate of salad and eat normal. there I go again with that nasty word, NORMAL. am I going crazy?

Have any of you gone through this? how can I overcome this?

Lachica, get the unfill!! Seriously! Just a tiny amount out can make all the difference. You should be able to eat salad. You shouldn't be PBing and sliming all the time. Having the band a little looser does mean you can eat more but it still gives you some measure of control over your appetite and if you eat healthy solid foods, you won't be "starving" all the time and making bad choices. You are far better off eating a larger meal of lean meats and salads than suffering the misery that you are having now.

I have had one episode where a fill made me too tight and I was unable to eat solids, PBing all the time and generally uncomfortable and miserable. I SWEAR I will never let that happen again. It's a miserable way to live and it is NOT good for your long term health or the health of your band.