Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POLL: 10 Month Stats

How much weight have you lost?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How much weight have you lost?

• 0 - 9
    • 10 - 19
    • 20 - 29
    • 30 - 39
    • 40 -49
    • 50 - 59
    • 60 - 69
    • 70 - 79
    • 80 - 89
    • 90 - 100
    • 101 - 110
    • 111 - 120
    • 121 - 130
    • over 130

Christasha, I kept waiting for you to start the poll for October. When you didn't, I decided to do it.

Weight loss for me has really slowed down. I don't think I eat enough most days as far as calories go. I do make sure I get enough Protein. I went on a two week cruise last month and actually lost 2.8 pounds. I ate pretty much what I wanted, just small amounts. And rather than omit deserts, if I wasn't too full, I would order one and take one bite. I was quite satisfied but only did that a couple of times.

I have realized that I don't enjoy food anymore. It's more about what I can eat. I pretty much eat to live now. Nothing knocks my socks off these days. I cook but nothing tastes the same or is even good to me these days. Anyone else feel the same way?

I do love how I feel. My mobility is back. I didn't even use my scooter on the cruise at all. I have started walking at the grocery store also and when I go shopping now.

I went shopping this past week. How depressing. Who wears the styles they are displaying in the stores. All this baby doll look is for the teenagers not me. I decided not to waste my money on them. And I need some clothes. My winter things from last year are too big this year. What's a girl to do. I should be excited to be buying smaller clothes and not shopping on the plus side but I am not.

Sghatl . . . TY for doing the poll . . . I was working at a conference and flat didn't even think of it . . . 40 lashes with a wet buttered noodle for me!

You have been doing great . . . and I know what you mean about the styles . . . even if we can fit in them now . . . someone my age just shouldn't be wearing it! lol . . . we can win sometimes! Great job on the cruise . . . I'm leaving for Hawaii on Wednesday . . . and got a fill a couple weeks ago - which I THINK might be my sweet spot. I'm literally having to drink my Protein in the morning over a 15 minute time span . . .and we're talking taking bites of food now (my doctor's favorite number is 8) . . . I was eating 2 large Wendy's chili's at a time . . .now I'm doing good to finish 1 small one . . . so this might be what I'm looking for. I have 2.5 cc's in a 10'cc band. Just keep on with the great work - and keep an eye out for some fashions you like!

10 months . . . can you believe it?????

I was thinking no one cares anymore . . . we only got about 25 people that filled out the form last month . . . and there were about 125 in December 2007 . . . we've lost a few!

The ones who matter will be here. That's my thought. Maybe those that have disappeared are off living their lives as happy bandsters....at least I'll hope so for them.

SgHatl. You're doing great. I know that the clothes now days can be a little frustrating but I find a better selection in the national chains like Sears and JcPenny. They seem to have "adult" clothing and not just crap for 12 year olds. You should be enjoying shopping. I know I've picked up a shopping addiction, but as my sizes have shrunk I have had a harder time finding things that I don't think make me look 12.

Chris, I was wondering how you were doing today. Now I'm wondering about your docs philosophy. I was up to almost 6 cc's worrying about maxing out my band. You are finding your sweet spot at a much lower number. I wonder if his ideas aren't good ones. It trains you to eat much healthier I think. I am still getting stuck all the time. You on the other hand are finding new eating habits that you may be able to work through your entire life. I would suggest that maybe he's smarter than my doc. I know you were very frustrated but I think it's paying off now. Celebrate that success!!!! I'm really excited for you.

As for me....I was up to almost 6cc's and had some taken out 2 months ago...then a couple of weeks ago I went back and had some more removed. now I'm down to around 5 cc's and I feel much better. Most days I can eat. Today I struggled with salad and rice. Go figure. Those have never been struggle foods for me.

I am down at a size 6 and would love to get in a 4, but know that it's going to take exercise and I've been really bad about that lately. If I stay at 6 I can't say it will kill me because I really am smaller than I've ever been as an adult. I feel good. I think I look good. Men now look at me like I'm something. I'm married and my husband loves this new look, but I have to say the other attention does my ego good.

Have a great month ladies. I check in almost daily to see if there are any new messages from you all and try to reply if there are. Keep plugging along....this is forever, remember.

Good job to the two of you above me. You really do inspire me!!!!

Ah Steph . . .YOU are the inspiration! I'm still not even down to where you started! SIZE SIX???? OMG I don't think I'll make it to a 10 . . . I'm still in some 1X and 2X . . . depending on the style . . . I have a couple 18-20's .. . but I think they were just stretched out lol. Keep doin' what you're doin' . . . it's GREAT!

Oh, Stephanie, you are almost at goal and a size 6 to boot. Congratulations!!!! Like Chris, I will never see a size 6. I am being realistic in my goal and will probably wear a 10-12 when I am finished. I am short and fluffy. I started in sizes 4x-5x tops and pants. I can wear a 16 in a blouse and 18 or 1x in non-knit pants now. I usually am buying size L in tops now. Chris, you BMI is lower than mine. I am in no hurry.

I don't think I am too tight but I still can't eat salads or most any raw these days. My veggies have to be cooked to a very soft stage. I can eat most meat and fish though except for any overcooked and ground meat gives me fits. The skins on anything get stuck, no matter how small. The trouble seems to be my esophagus not my band and I have had this trouble off and on for most of my life. My DR fixed my hiatal hernia when I was banded. I think a lot of my problems with eating are the LARGE abdominal hernia I have. I think it pushes up against everything in my abdomen. We will fix this when I finish losing what I want. I have to get to a BMI < 35 to have plastic surgery and we are going to kill two birds with one stone - am abdomioplasty and a hernia repair. The DR said my hernia was too big to repair at banding and would have to be refixed after I lost weight. He told me to be glad that now insurance will pay for the plastic surgery while he is doing the hernia repair.

Keep up the good work you two and we must keep in touch.

I'm so glad your insurance will take care of the hernia and the plastics! I'm also SO HAPPY I had the surgery when I did . . . because our insurance changed . . . and where we never had deductibles before . . . we sure do now . . . and then 10% of stuff up to another $1,500 . . . I would not have been able to do this at all! I was sick with an intestinal bacteria the beginning of Sept - and the blood work and xrays and tests cost me almost $1,000 . . . this is killing me! I still don't know if I'm going to get zapped for the cost of my fill . . . sure hope not!

Have a great weekend everyone . . and OMG . . . someone lost over 130 LBS????? wahoo! What have you been doing?

Edited by christasha

Wow. You were lucky to get it done when you did. I am on Medicare and they are paying for everything so far. My secondary has picked up anything they didn't so no out of pocket expenses for me so far - no co-pays either. This is wonderful.

I will be leaving for another cruise in the morning so talk with y'all in a week. I'm going to the Caribbean.

Ladies, you really don't give yourselves the credit you deserve. 1. I am younger and you have to admit that in this case, age does have an advantage (not usually, but in THIS case). 2. I started lower than the two of you. 3. I have 2 very young kids who keep me moving ALL the time.

Sghatl, I wish I could be leaving for a cruise!!! I'm so jealous. Enjoy the wonderful southern exposure. It's supposed to snow here tonight. Come back and share all your stories. I'm sure it will be terrific.

Chris, that new insurance sound horrible! I was always lucky with my insurance I thought, but 4 months after the surgery they started covering the banding. Of course, it wasn't retro-active, but it's been worth every penny so I'm not complaining....and everytime I think about the cost I put out it makes me feel determined again.

On the size issue, I think I lost almost 30 pounds before I dropped a size...maybe more. But as I've gotten smaller, a few pounds makes a size difference. It's amazing. It shocks me all the time. I went almost immediately from a 10 to a 6...and I only tried on the 6 because I wanted to see how far out from them I was. I never thought I would fit. So don't think you're never going to get there. You might. Not saying you need to, but as you start getting into the <35 bmi area you'll be surprised how much easier it is. Honestly that was when things really started to pick up momentum.

Alright...now I'm off. Have a great weekend ladies! I'll make sure I look for you all soon.

Hey you guys . . . I wanna change my vote . . . I hit 70 LBS GONE TODAY! Wahoo! 10-12-08 . . . who would have EVER believed it! I'm stoked! Have a great weekend everyone . . . I'm smiles from ear to ear!

Chris

Hey you guys . . . I wanna change my vote . . . I hit 70 LBS GONE TODAY! Wahoo! 10-12-08 . . . who would have EVER believed it! I'm stoked! Have a great weekend everyone . . . I'm smiles from ear to ear!

Chris

:crying: Yeah!!!!!:eek:

Everyone do a happy dance!!!

:mellow:

Celebrate the HUGE success.

hey all !!

You guys are doing so great. Im down to 209 from 294 and I feel alot better than before. I walk every morning and bike ride every night I dont have to work. But I can't complain I am averaging about 5-10 pounds a month. My scale is an evil little thing though so I went and bought a new one. lol. Everyone at my work started a biggest loser thing and everytime we lose or stay the same we pay 2 bucks and every time we gain we pay 4 bucks. and the winner in january gets all the money. Go figure they would do it over the holidays. lol. my first week weigh in this past friday it showed i lost 5 pounds woooooohoooooooo I started at 216 and when I weighed in on friday i was 211 and since the weekend I have lost 3 more pounds. wooooohoooooooo. I hope all is well. And remember it is not how fast you lose the weight that matters or how much every week you lose it is along as you are feeling good about yourself. Everyone loses at there own pace. and you might not always lose weight but sometimes you lose just inches. good luck all and be well.

I for one have not had time to be on here...AND I am kinda discouraged my weight loss is so slow I am now into a 3X lol I actualy can shop IN a store and not buy on-line or thru a catalog...lol

I know I need to start excercising again I just have such a busy school schedule it is difficult. But I am going to try. I really wanted to be under 300 by this time...but close but no cake lol