Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December '08 Bandsters?

Yipeee!!! I have been lurking around for months but never joined this site because I didn't want to jinx myself. For the last six months I have been jumping thru Aetna's hoops to get this surgery. I NOW have my date. I am getting banded 10 December. I started my pre-op diet today. I am just giddy with excitement. Good luck to all of us. This time next year, we will all be healthy hotties. :smile2:

I've been lurking also. I'm going to be banded on the 5th and each day leading up to it I have my moments where I'm excited and then the nervous moments creep in. I know I'm doing the right thing, I'm just trying to get my emotions under control.

Best of luck to all the December Banders. I look forward to taking this great journey with all of you.

well I have my surgery tomorrow morning. thank god the pre-op diet is over. never again will slimfast pass through my lips...that stuff is gross but I choked down 5-6 a day for a week. Well wish me luck this time tomorrow night I will be in bandland!!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!
I go for banding tomorrow 12/3/08

Good luck to the two of you and all others whose surgeries are today! Also good luck to all those with the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th! I fly out tomorrow morning to Mexico for my surgery on Friday and won't be back until the 8th! Viva la Banda Vuelta

hi pete,

i wish you the best and you will be in my prayers. i kno u had to do a one week liquid diet tell me how much did you loose if you know.

hi pete,

i wish you the best and you will be in my prayers. i kno u had to do a one week liquid diet tell me how much did you loose if you know.

Actually I had a 3 week liver shrinking diet. 2 meals a day Atkins shakes and the third me a low carb low fat meal. I lost 18 lbs on the diet.

Wow Pete, I was checking in to announce I am 2 weeks out, and I get reminded you are two days out. (This isn't bragging, but for informational purposes:embaressed_smile:) My doctor isn't making me go on a pre-surgery diet. As of today, I just have to stop taking Ibuprofen/asprin, the Fish oil capsules that my regular doctor recommended, and my Diet Pepsi Max because it contains ginseng. That was the only diet cola I could stand, but I have adapted to Coke Zero. I have to call and find out if I can still take the Melatonin.

Edited by BillOh
Spelling correction

thanks 4 the info. started liquid diet today had a med. Decaf coffee w/4 slendas n 2 creams and 1scoop Protein. i feel alright noticed that im going to bathroom more. does anyone know how often you drink the drink or eat. in my case drink. i was thinking every 3hrs do a shake. and in between if i get hungry do broth or popsickle, or yogurt or pudding sf of course. and alot of c.lite is this how you do it.

thanks 4 the info. started liquid diet today had a med. Decaf coffee w/4 slendas n 2 creams and 1scoop Protein. i feel alright noticed that im going to bathroom more. does anyone know how often you drink the drink or eat. in my case drink. i was thinking every 3hrs do a shake. and in between if i get hungry do broth or popsickle, or yogurt or pudding sf of course. and alot of c.lite is this how you do it.

later learned that i shouldn't have had the Creamers so im not gonna have that tom. thanks all for the info and support. also was wondering if i could do slim fast shake and maybe add 1 scoop of protein to it. maybe do 3 or 4 a day. anyone know

We're together...almost. My surgery is Tuesday. I'm doing the clear liquid thing tomorrow ...I'm really impressed with how much weight you've lost in preparation...You are doing great, sticking with the plan... I'm sure you'll be really successful with the extra tool. I understand the fear of failure n though...We would't be in this fix if we hadn't failed many times before..BUT, the good thing is that we've made the commitment and have a new way to KEEP the weight off that we've already loss a million times! WE can do this. (I've never had surgery before, never been in the hopital or had an IV, you've already settled the part that worries me most!) Keep in touch!

SuzeQ, how are you feeling? I also had my surgery yesterday and am amazed at how good I feel!! My surgery was at 8am and I was home around 11:30. I'm still a little sore but otherwise feel great! I hope you're doing great too!

December 11th here how is everyone doing on the Clear liquids? this is day 2 for me and I really want to kill someone oh yea I quit smoking 15 days ago! Any help would be appreciated.:cursing:

Jamtte

I hung up notes all around my house

NOTHING tastes as good as SKINNY feels

This worked for me, every time I went into the kitchen I saw the note, took a deep breath and walked back out.

You can do this!

SUZQ, Hope you are home and all is well. Bet you are sore Do use the pain meds . ( I would rather not use it but neither do I like pain) I didn't have the enema stuff but have had colonoscopies (One thing I would rather avoid ) You were wise to stay home to be near the bathroom. But it is OVER!! :thumbs_up:Now you can breathe a sigh of relief. and laugh - but not to hard It is all down hill from here!!

and alot of c.lite .

Speaking of Crystal lite, keep any eye out at costco, or Sams Club, or another box store you might have. We had a coupon for the case of bottles which had a mix of the lemonade, orange, and one other. They are among a few diet drinks I can enjoy. I haven't tried the flavor packets added to Water yet.

My surgery is 2 weeks away and I'm starting my pre op diet today. A few weeks ago I did a liquid diet just to see if I can handle it. It's not as bad as I thought but it's a little irritating to smell everyone else's food at work. I'm excited about the surgery so I'm not going to let anything discourage me as I keep my eyes on my goals. How is everyone else coping with the liquid diet?

Hi Slim Snowflakes...like that one! Just got back from surgery last night. Wanted to share a few things I would have done differently.

Water: We were busy getting to the hotel near the hospital the night before surgery and I would have DRANK a lot more Water before 12 midnight. I woke up thirsty and thought this is going to be a long day. Drink as much as you can up to the final hour.

Keep Water bottles by your bed for when you get home. I like the "smart water" bottles. You won't want to be measuring just have it handy and think what 2 oz is like and drink from the bottle.

Pain meds: Make sure you have them when you get home...mine weren't ready and I was in alot of pain.

Joanne: I wanted to write this is my note to you but forgot and now i can't find my post to you. Good luck tomorrow !!

Hi Slim Snowflakes...like that one! Just got back from surgery last night. Wanted to share a few things I would have done differently.

Water: We were busy getting to the hotel near the hospital the night before surgery and I would have DRANK a lot more Water before 12 midnight. I woke up thirsty and thought this is going to be a long day. Drink as much as you can up to the final hour.

Keep Water bottles by your bed for when you get home. I like the "smart water" bottles. You won't want to be measuring just have it handy and think what 2 oz is like and drink from the bottle.

Pain meds: Make sure you have them when you get home...mine weren't ready and I was in alot of pain.

Joanne: I wanted to write this is my note to you but forgot and now i can't find my post to you. Good luck tomorrow !!

This is some really great information! I'm definitely going to take your advice about drinking as much as possible prior to midnight. I am a huge water drinker and that's the part that concerns me most...having to go so long without being able to drink anything. Thanks for the good advice.

As for the rest of you who have been recently banded, I'd love to hear any other tips you have to make the process a little easier. I'm being banded on the 16th and will take any words of wisdom I can get!