Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

I feel great! Fabulous, really. It's funny - there's only a few people in my office that know I got the band. But in the last week, people who don't know what I had done have mentioned how "great" I look. Several have noticed a drastic difference just in how I carry myself and how happy I act all the time. It's crazy! This is by far the best decision I've ever made in my life!

Now, those 10 bites of banana pudding I had an hour ago - NOT such a good idea. I made the mistake of eating the ONE vanilla wafer in my bowl! :(

That's awesome....I'm so happy for you! Its so true what your saying about how you carry yourself when you feel good about yourself....I've lost 9lbs since starting pre-op and I have a LONG way to go, but even today I felt like I was walking with my head higher than normal and I felt good about myself....knowing I'm on my way to a skinnier and healthier me! Such a great feeling....and its only going to continue to get better!

Ouch...the vanilla wafer did you in, huh? That's probably the only thing I worry about with getting this surgery....eating something that is going to disagree with me and HURT!

Hi Everyone!

I had my surgery today at noon. This surgery was not bad at all. I really worried myself to sicknees. For the most part iam doing well. I am really tired but I have No pain in my stomach where the stitches are just all GAS pain! Mostly in my chest and shoulders. Dealing with it but it is diffinately hurts/uncomfortable! Took my gas x strips and waiting for them to kick in. I have been walking as much as I can too. :rolleyes2::tt2::tongue2::wink::lol::wink::lol:

Just wanted to let all know that all went well for me!

Thanks to everyone for the great pre surgery advice and well wishers. Talk to you all soon!

Good luck to whoever is scheduled this week.

Hi Everyone!

I had my surgery today at noon. This surgery was not bad at all. I really worried myself to sicknees. For the most part iam doing well. I am really tired but I have No pain in my stomach where the stitches are just all GAS pain! Mostly in my chest and shoulders. Dealing with it but it is diffinately hurts/uncomfortable! Took my gas x strips and waiting for them to kick in. I have been walking as much as I can too. :rolleyes2::tt2::tongue2::wink::lol::wink::lol:

Just wanted to let all know that all went well for me!

Thanks to everyone for the great pre surgery advice and well wishers. Talk to you all soon!

Good luck to whoever is scheduled this week.

Yay, I'm so glad you made it through and that you're feeling good. Keep us posted!!!

WOW, BOPPER!!!! I hope my surgery goes as well as yours did!!!! So glad to hear you had minimal pain and a quick recovery! We should all be so lucky!! Congrats and all the best to you!

Thanks Cappy,

Getting better with every day. Was a little bad this morning at morning tea at work and had a party sausage roll. Chewed and chewed and had no problems with it going down. Back to Soup for lunch though. Have to wait until next Tuesday before I can introduce harder foods.

That's awesome....I'm so happy for you! Its so true what your saying about how you carry yourself when you feel good about yourself....I've lost 9lbs since starting pre-op and I have a LONG way to go, but even today I felt like I was walking with my head higher than normal and I felt good about myself....knowing I'm on my way to a skinnier and healthier me! Such a great feeling....and its only going to continue to get better!

I actually wore make-up to GNC and K-mart today. LOL! I haven't had surgery yet, but.....

I FEEL PRETTY!!!!!

angelina_jolie3A-1.jpg

I just got home from the hospital :). I had surgery on Tuesday morning. The surgeon discovered a hiatial hernia during surgery that I didn't know I had and had to repair it also. So surgery took longer than expected. I'm doing good but real sore. The worst part of the entire experience was having the upper GI procedure to check for leaks in the hernia repair and to make sure the band was working, it tasted so bad and I was so close to getting sick, I survived the 1 and 1/2 hour drive and so glad to be home.

Good luck to everyone else who was recently banded.

I actually wore make-up to GNC and K-mart today. LOL! I haven't had surgery yet, but.....

I FEEL PRETTY!!!!!

angelina_jolie3A-1.jpg

That really made me chuckle!!! You go, girl!

I only have 6 days left!:eek: I am on day 9 of this liquid only fast. It has sucked but I have made it so far. I am too scared to weigh myself so i don't know if I have lost any weight.:thumbup: Anyway I love to hear from you guys! We have all worked and are working hard to be thinner again!!!:frown:

I hope you are feeling better since your surgery! I got my surgery nov 14th. just went for my post op visit and I am down 15 lbs! I also advise to full liquids. so I am happy about that! keep me posted!

Day 1 for me. COuldn't drink the stuff they wanted me to have. So I'm having 2 Slimfast and a lean frozen meal for 800 cals.

I have a headache too, but I also said good bye to my long time friend "Diet Coke" last night.

To all the 'Notorious Novembers'! Congratulations! And I have joined your ranks! My surgery date is Wednesday Nov 26th! And I can't wait!!!

I'm also having the moods kicking in as some others have said. :unsure: But reading that it's normal, and seeing that everyone out there is pulling for everyone else, it truly is 'All for One and One for All' here, it's making such a difference to me.

I can't wait to hear from more of you, and keep up with the weight loss of all of us "2008 Notorious Novembers" and read all the success stories! Mine will be right there with yours!

:cursing:

Welcome!! Mine is also the 26th. We had a mini Thanksgiving on Tuesday for me.

My mood is ok so far- I've been reading alot the new Twilight series. Can't get enough of it right now. My kids hid the final bok from me so I have something to read next week.

Best wishes on this new journey...

I'm right there with you on the success stories. My hubby took pics of me last night to see the differance.

Hi Jewels,

I'm so glad you replied! My husband was going to take photos the night before my surgery but I might do it tonight instead and get them out there. And my daughter is flying in to spend next week with me. She knows i'm having surgery, but not what i'm having done yet. I'm going to tell her fact-to-face. I cant wait! LOL

Good luck to you, and write and let me know how your surgery goes!

How did you get the tracker and 'Notorious Novembers' in your message? I'm new to the site today, and cant find it on here.

Thanks!

sparkle.com

and they other one is tickerfactory.com

One you create one- copy and paste into your signature.

I'm saving you now to keep in touch. :cursing: