Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Surgery was Yesterday and Today I am having second thoughts!!!!!

Well, ladies and gents. I got my band yesterday, I was just released from the hosptial a couple of hours ago. and I feel SORE, Weak, no energy and I can only take a couple sips of tea, and Protein Shakes and make a small amount of a frozen pops. I feel gassy, at times I walk a little bent over. because I am sore. I just don't feel normal. Have I mad a mistake or will this pass????:drool::thumbup::mellow: Tomorrow I will have to remove the bandages and I am not looking forward to that.... I am wondering if I made a mistake doing this. Anyone feeling like this. I need some help... Thanks All.

I felt exactly the same way. I was so depressed the first two days - I was sure I'd made a huge mistake.

Now, 6 days after surgery, my pain has subsided for the most part. Plus, I'm looking so forward to the future.

So, yes...that rotten feeling does pass. It just takes time.

Good luck and congratulations!!

Well, ladies and gents. I got my band yesterday, I was just released from the hosptial a couple of hours ago. and I feel SORE, Weak, no energy and I can only take a couple sips of tea, and Protein shakes and make a small amount of a frozen pops. I feel gassy, at times I walk a little bent over. because I am sore. I just don't feel normal. Have I mad a mistake or will this pass????:drool::thumbup::mellow: Tomorrow I will have to remove the bandages and I am not looking forward to that.... I am wondering if I made a mistake doing this. Anyone feeling like this. I need some help... Thanks All.

Hi. It will pass, but it will pass faster if you can work yourself to do some walking. Walking really helped the gas move. Don't get me wrong, I still have some gas, but nothing near like it was. Since you were banded yesterday, that makes you a September Samurai. We have an entire subforum September 2008 Bandsters - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum. If you go there, you will read about several people who had surgery on the same day or just days before you. I think at some point we all have questioned what we have done. Just give it time. The more liquids that you can get in, you may start to feel better. You could be on the verge of dehydration if you aren't able to get much liquid in. Just get up and move slowly. It may take a few days, but you will feel better.

It does pass. I think it was two weeks after surgery I could finally say that it didn't feel like I'd even had surgery. Those first two weeks were rough at times. It has faded quickly with the thrill of the weight loss and the emergence of a new lifestyle. It will get better. Just hang in there!

Yes, we all felt exactly the same way. I was banded on 9/12 and I felt like I had made a huge mistake the first couple of days. I was depressed. I missed eating. It was all in my head because honestly I wasn 't hungary but seeing everyone else enjoy their food got to me. Then I remembered that's how I got inot this mess. It'll pass. I'm not perfect. I have cheated with the foods slightly (if you call Soup versus broth cheating) but I'll be three weeks post op Friday and I feel good now. Not back to normal but good. I went back to work Monday and was fine.

Banded 9/12

Weight 251lbs.

Current 236lbs.

Honey, you had surgery yesterday. That's about as far from normal as you can get. It WILL get better. Just give yourself time.:thumbup:

same here!! the next day I was crying and begging my mother to take me back to the hospital to take it out LOL ,every thing made me cry,now I think its the best thing in the world!!!!!!!!! give it about a week or 2 then you will be thrilled you did it!

I feel your pain. I was banded just sept 25th. I'm having a hard time seeing everyone eat around me. I just wanna smack em up side the head!! lol! I hear of a lot of people feeling this way right after. You have a new life to look forward to! The weight loss will make you feel better! I've already lost 12 lbs! the starving for a while will be worth it lol! Hang in!!

It does get better I promise. I was banded on the 18th of this month. I remember standing against the wall in my living room saying this is what I wanted over and over trying to get the gas to move out of my left shoulder. I was thankful we were warned about the shoulder gas pain or I would have surely thought I was having a heart attack. Do the best you can with the liquids. Walk and take your pain meds. This too shall pass.

Renea

I'll tell you the truth...it is going to get worse. Tomorrow will not be fun, and neither will the next day. But, starting on day 4 you will feel less pain, have more energy, and feel like walking more. Hang in there, you made the right choice.

I felt the same way. The first few days, I was emailing friends and family telling them I wanted it out!!!

I am almost 3 months out and sooooooooooooo happy with my decision! I love my band!!!

Try to walk as much as you can and keep up with those pain meds. It WILL get better.

THANKS ALL, I AM SO GLAD I CAN HAVE GOOD PEOPLE WHO CAN RELATE...I am so sore tonight I think it has just turned into PAIN. Plus I have a cough from the tube down my throat...I will keep on keepin on. Thanks to you all again..... Gigi /And This To Shall Pass!!!!!!!!!

I too felt just like you. I woke up in recovery thinking to myself.."what did I just do?" I'm 6 days out and the gas has stopped...the worst part for me is the liquid phase. I feel tired, weak and dizzy. I feel like I'm not getting any nutrition. I see the doctor tomorrow and hope that he let's me get some mushies or something else besides Water, juice, tea, broth, or Protein Drinks.< /p>

I am a divorced mom of 2 awesome kids. They are very active in sports and after school activities. It's torture for me to have to prepare meals for them. I wish I could have a bite...but I have not.

I was banded July 28th, and I found the more walking I did, the better. The first day home from the hospital I was weak (to be expected), I was on liquids 2 days prior and while in the hospital I hardly had anything (because of the bloating). Just stick it out, tomorrow you will feel better than today. I also didn't starve myself, after the bloating wore off and I could feel hunger, I ate. I found all sorts of low cal Soups. I started off with really thin oatmeal (just a couple of bites was all it took) to take the hunger away. After that, Soup, mainly broth based

I remember my first thought when I woke up in the hospital was "oh my god, what have I done to myself" 9 days later I feel much better.