Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vancouver Area Bandsters

Hello All :thumbup:

A note to remind you all that this Wednesday, May 19th is our monthly support meeting. Everyone is invited to attend whether you have had band surgery or are looking into it. We are always happy to welcome new people into the group. If you are new, please feel free to bring your friends and/or family along for support.

We will be meeting at Lion's Gate hospital in North Vancouver and as always I will be there by about 6.30. We will be back in conference room A this month.

Hope to see you all soon !!!

Patricia

Fun meeting tonight. Hope anyone reading this note makes a note to come next month. Join in the fun.

Fun meeting tonight. Hope anyone reading this note makes a note to come next month. Join in the fun.

Sorry I missed it! Summer brings more activities & Wednesday evenings are now booked with my golf league. I'll try to make it another time. Hope everyone is doing well!

Sorry I was not there!!! :unsure: I was in Chicago at a Lap Band workshop....it was awesome!!! :biggrin:

The Americans have been at the band for a while!! And they need full time staff for all their forms!!

Rhonda

I have contact with a motivational speaker. She has volunteered to speak to our group on August 11 if there is sufficient interest. Message me privately and I will give out the information I have. As far as I know, any one having a band or interested in the band would be welcome. First things first though, I need to know if how many are interested then I will work on teeing up the meeting.

As I have not had a reply from any of our group or others interested in a motivational speeker attending our meetings, I will be contacting her to tell her of the non response.

Hi everyone,

HST will be applied to surgeries here at the clinic ( Lap Band and plastic):( Sorry.... we are not happy either

Rhonda

I'm sorry I didn't reply in the forum Doddie. Have you already contacted her? I was intending to include a note about her in my pre-support group email because I thought there may be a few that read those but don't come in the forum here. Shall I still mention it or not bother?

And that sucks Rhonda !! Gotta love the gov't !! :(

Hey everyone. Just wanted to let you know I won't be at the Lions Gate meeting tomorrow. I've joined a golf league & Wednesdays are my tee off day. I'm doing well & having a blast. Hope to see everyone in September! Lyn

I'm sorry I didn't reply in the forum Doddie. Have you already contacted her? I was intending to include a note about her in my pre-support group email because I thought there may be a few that read those but don't come in the forum here. Shall I still mention it or not bother?

And that sucks Rhonda !! Gotta love the gov't !! :)

No don't bother. She was on a time limit and needed to know how to commit her schedule. I cancelled but thanked her. I take her sessions on the webcam and enjoy her very much. She has a lot to offer. My clinic has really improved in its long distanced support with webcam and chat rooms. I will show up at the meeting tonight in case some new people attend, but frankly, if you don't show very few others do. I have very big concerns about the attendance and wonder if there is more we can do about the structure of the meeting such as coffee at a restuarant in stead of the hospital. Maybe we should put it to the group as to what they would like. .

I hope you are feeling better and everything was a success.

I don't think we should panic yet about attendance. People come & go, succeed & move on or lose interest. Summer brings more activities, vacation, kids out of school, etc. It will probably pick up again in the fall. False Creek is closer to getting their own support group happening. Perhaps we can combine groups, alternate locations occassionally. Having speakers is a great idea too.

I don't think we should panic yet about attendance. People come & go, succeed & move on or lose interest. Summer brings more activities, vacation, kids out of school, etc. It will probably pick up again in the fall. False Creek is closer to getting their own support group happening. Perhaps we can combine groups, alternate locations occassionally. Having speakers is a great idea too.

I don't think I am panicking but more concerned about making the meetings interesting enough that people want to come out. Our group has been as large as 28 but most no longer come out. Some could be too busy, some could be slipping backward and too embarrassed to come out, some could feel excluded as the more popular members carry the conversation, some could just feel the meetings were not providing enough support or simply distance. I know from the net, that coffee meetings are very popular. Perhaps it is time to canvass and find out what people expect from a meeting. Just some thoughts.

I think both of have good points about why attendance is down. Summer is always quieter, altho we have been slowly losing people for quite some time. Maybe the group has just kindof lived out its time...I hope not, I love meeting up with you all when I can.

So I wasn't at the last meeting because I had had my Tummy Tuck done 4 days prior...and another drive to Vancouver at that point was impossible. I'm feeling pretty good now, recovering very well and will certainly be at the meeting next month.

That said, if any of you would rather meet somewhere else, perhaps someplace for a light meal or coffee, someplace for a walk or utside meeting while the weather is good.....please post here or email me and I'll see if it can be arranged. I'm always open to all suggestions.

Hoping to hear from you all soon !!

Patricia

I just looked into having this surgery at Northwest. I live in Coquitlam. Can anyone tell me if we get any coverage for this? If so, how do you go about trying to get it. Also, I have extended medical with Manualife. Has anyone been successful getting them to cover any of the cost. I have not had great success with them for other things in the past. Thanks.

I just looked into having this surgery at Northwest. I live in Coquitlam. Can anyone tell me if we get any coverage for this? If so, how do you go about trying to get it. Also, I have extended medical with Manualife. Has anyone been successful getting them to cover any of the cost. I have not had great success with them for other things in the past. Thanks.

Sorry I can't help with your insurance interpretation. I do know yoiu can claim the medical costs on your income tax. There is a member who had her surgery at Norwest and may know.