Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's Your Port???

I am 4-weeks post-op and am afraid that my port may have slipped. I thought it was right below my bra line right after surgery, but now I can no longer feel it. Instead, I feel a hard lump just to the left of my belly button.

Can anyone tell me WHERE the ports should be, or are normally placed? I'm not sure whether or not to contact my doctor. I have no pain and am wondering if I should just wait and see what he says next Thursday. Any advice? Where is your port located?

Thanks for taking the time to help!

I am a week and a day post-op and am wondering the same thing. The largest cut is right below my bra line and there is a small, hard lump about the size of a finger tip right under the scar, but yesteday I felt this large, hard, egg size lump under the second biggest cut which is lower and to the left. I'm thinking this is my port, but then what could the little, hard bump be under the middle scar?

My port is on my right side. When I was healing I could feel it in my side. When I go and have a fill, they sometimes ask me to do a crunch type of move this apparently pushes it up to the surface better. But my largest scar is under the middle of my bra strap but above my belly button. I think this is where they put the band in.:bolt:

My Port is on my left side also about midway down my stomach. It was the longest scar with the most staples in it. It really feels like a flat hard thing under my skin, almost feels like its embedded in the muscle or whatever. I have 4 scars from my surgery, basically if you were looking directly at my stomach, the scars would be located North (under the bra line) South, (just above the belly button, little to the left) East, (where the port is) and West (the smallest scar). I know the largest one onthe east side is where the post is and I am assuming where the put the band in, I know just below my bra, the north scar is where they repaired the Hepatic hernia. I think that the west scar is where they inserted the laproscopic cameras for the surgery and I believe the south scar is where they inserted the tools they use to retract your other organs out of the way...

weight.png

Edited by msnenequeenie14

My port is located directly under my bra ( I guess you would say that it's below my breast bone) I am actually able to feel it. that is my largest scar. I knew that was where mine was being placed. My surgeon said that he prefers it there due to the large amount of people that want a Tummy Tuck after weight loss. That way it's not in the way. But I also had a lump under the scar that is in between my port scar and belly button, it is going down though. I had my appointment Tuesday and my Doctor said that it was all healing nice. I don't know if that helps or not. It was my understanding that the largest scar is the placement of the port. You should have been told where it would be placed by your doctor, If you are really worried about it , I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call. That's what they are there for :bolt:

Thanks everyone! I just talked to someone who the same surgeon as me and she said her port is to the left of her belly button, next to the largest incision (where I can feel mine). So, I'm relieved although I have no idea what I felt initally beneath the incision at my bra line. Oh well, it's gone now! Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond.

my port is about 2 or three inches higher than my belly button and about 3 inches to the left when I stand.Let me just say it seems lower than after surgery but all the swelling is gone now.Do not worry to much our body moves things around as we lose weight,I was all freaked out two when I noticed mine was not where I thought I left it too LMAO.But after an exam under flouro X-ray all was fine.

My incision is below my bra line in the middle of my upper torso. however, I discovered during my fill that the port is to the right of the scar and below it about an inch.

my port started right next to my belly button on the left side, as i lost weight it's now right under my left breast & sticks out.

prepare for the port to change position as you lose the weight~

My port is about a inch and a half below my right ribs and to the left of the lowest rib point about an inch. Feels almost as big around as a quarter and hard. As I lose weight it's getting easier and easier to feel it if I touch there, especially when laying down on my back. It doesn't bother me at all though.