Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My doctor REFUSED to give me a fill!

I say enjoy the restriction you have! You may be one of the lucky ones who wont need a fill! Or maybe the doc put in a little to begin with!

If I was losing and not REALLY hungry I'd be holding out on the fill myself!

I am so glad I read this thread. I have been going back and forth with my anxiety. First I was anxious because I have no restriction and I can pretty much eat anything, but when I do and I get that old familiar stuffed feeling, I feel terrible about myself and life in general and I can't wait for the fullness to go away. I feel hungry often, this scared me to death at first, now I actually really like it. I realized that I have been overweight and over eating all my life, so before getting banded it has probably been more than 15 years since I actually felt a hunger pain in my body. Sure I would say I was hungry, just as an excuse to eat, but I really couldn't even recognize what hunger was once I got banded and started feeling it again. I am long over due for my first fill, and I desperately want one now becasue I don't want the knowledge lurking in the back of my mind that I can actually eat whatever I want, PLEASE TAKE THAT ABILITY AWAY FROM ME, but I actually like being hungry, to me it kind of signals I didn't over eat yet. So far, since being banded I have gotten all the way up to 29 lbs lost, but, with no restriction, one bad weekend put back on almost 10 lbs. I have been trying to set mini goals for myself, but they are so hard to achieve. I figure if they were easy, then I wouldn't have needed the band in the first place. Anyway, I have an appointment for a possible first fill on 10/14/08 and I am nervous and anxious, but really looking forward to knowing what the restriction actually feels like, I am longing to know what not having the ability to over eat (because I have the desire) feels like!!!

BANDED 06/30/08

Starting Weight 339

Current Weight 310

Goal Weight 155

Edited by msnenequeenie14

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches