Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 17 2007

I was banded on that day. Since that day I have only lost 35 pounds and have been around the same weight for about 6 months. I have however lost 4 pants sizes the last one in just the last 6 weeks. So I went to the doctor last week and he said well if you are losing pant sizes that is good, no fill right now lets wait a month. I am a bit frustrated. I know I can eat too much, but I refuse to starve. I am eating healthy, just more then I should. I also know that I am in a marathon not a sprint... however I feel like I should be down at least 50 pounds at this point. How does one get a doctor to be more aggressive? :cry_smile:

I would call and schedule a fill. Tell him what you told us. That you are hungry, eating more than is recommended. Tell him you feel no restriction and are doing this on willpower alone. Tell him you wanted the band to work with you and so far that is NOT happening. YOU are the consumer. It's your life, your weight, your health! Advocate for yourself! It's the right thing to do.

YOu have to tell the doctor what he wants to hear. Find out what his standards are for a fill, and feed him that information. Some are real stingy about you requesting a fill. Mine just says if you see a stagnant period of 2+ weeks with no loss, then it's time. Tell him your eating a 12 inch subway, with meat & cheese, all the bread and your hungry an hour later! hehehe That should do it!

You are the patient and you pay him. If you need a fill that should be up to you. He is there for guidance along the way or to keep you healthy and out of harms way.... having a fill should be your choice and wouldn't endanger you so he should do as you ask.

I agree with telling him what he wants to hear. But I also wanted to contribute more to this discussion. I also feel the same way as you. I was banded ironically December 18 2007 a day after you and I started at 311 around may I had gotten down to 259, now as of September I am at 274. Real bummer, at the beginning of the summer if felt like my band just stopped working I had no feeling of restriction and I could eat anything in sight. I got two fills over the summer and neither of them seemed to make me feel any differently. I also found out that my port flipped sometimes however my doctor said no surgery was necessary unless it became a problem. Today I went in for a fill and I am now filled to 7.5 cc in a 10 cc band. I do feel slight restriction when drinking Water but havent tried food yet because I am not supposed to until thursday. Anyways, I wanted you to know you are not alone, I feel the same and we can work trough our struggles and it cannot be said enough but everyone is different so the band works differently for everyone!

Heddy:huh2: