Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Janet's Fashion Show

Ok here are some of the outfits I have tried on... My doc likes the classic way I dress - he commented on it once when I was in for a visit "I like the way you dress"

Janet - all of these outfits are adorable on you. If I had to choose from these it would be very hard. I do esp like all the outfits in the first two groupings. I am partial to the black pants/green top layered over white. The addition of color is good, and the layering with the white peeking out is a good look for you, accents your small waist.

You look great...

I love clothes also Indigo especially when I was your size. I am just blown away by how an outfit can totally change the way a person looks. You really wear black and white well and I love all the sharp black and white outfits...very stylish and you look youthful and sharp. I know the over 50 models are in big demand now.

Janet - all of these outfits are adorable on you. If I had to choose from these it would be very hard. I do esp like all the outfits in the first two groupings. I am partial to the black pants/green top layered over white. The addition of color is good, and the layering with the white peeking out is a good look for you, accents your small waist.

You look great...

Thanks JoannMarie - The green layered look is really navy pants and a friend of mine from work says that those pants make me look too skinny - as if.:wink_smile: So I am partial to those pants :tt2:

I love clothes also Indigo especially when I was your size. I am just blown away by how an outfit can totally change the way a person looks. You really wear black and white well and I love all the sharp black and white outfits...very stylish and you look youthful and sharp. I know the over 50 models are in big demand now.

Thanks Sooverit

I a partial to the black and white myself - I need something to cover my arms (the part of my body which really took the biggest hit in showing my weight loss)- I am going to call next week about ps on them.. I am far from Model material :mellow: but thanks for the complement I will take it:rolleyes2: - I have never been shy of the camera (even 105 lbs ago)- well we will see on Wed - I bet I get really shy then :cool2:

Well I am off to the Mall - who knows what I will find - most likely nothing since I am looking :thumbup:- isn't that always the way it goes:cursing:

Indigo, I just dropped of my very stylish 11 year old daughter and her friend. On the way home I started to think and get optimistic about getting the band and being able to have some wonderful staple outfits again. I like the idea of taking photos of the outfits too! I would put the photos on my closet and assign each outfit for each event work, stores, church etc. ...So my whole closet doesn't end up on my bed like it does sometimes. I hope to be banded in February and hopefully soon I will share photos with you! Thank you again for sharing and the inspiration. .clothes again about how great Good luck on Wednesday. You are to model material!

Wonderful pics Janet. I'm going to be honest, and you know I'm not saying this to be mean because I love you. But the dresses? They make you look old. :wink_smile: They're not horrible. They're not ugly. They just make you look less youthful than you should and could.

Both black and white pants look terrific on you. But you know what? When I want to disguise or make myself look thinner, I'll go for black. Only someone who is confident in their look will wear white. So if I were wanting to portray that confidence to others, I'd wear my white pants.

I like the green top and the white underneath. I don't know that the combo would go together with the white pants though. Black and white does look good, but a splash of color will make you pop! :thumbup:

I agree with Ruby, Janet. I especially like the black and white top with the white pants. I thought it looked hot.

Wonderful pics Janet. I'm going to be honest, and you know I'm not saying this to be mean because I love you. But the dresses? They make you look old. :wink_smile: They're not horrible. They're not ugly. They just make you look less youthful than you should and could.

Both black and white pants look terrific on you. But you know what? When I want to disguise or make myself look thinner, I'll go for black. Only someone who is confident in their look will wear white. So if I were wanting to portray that confidence to others, I'd wear my white pants.

I like the green top and the white underneath. I don't know that the combo would go together with the white pants though. Black and white does look good, but a splash of color will make you pop! :thumbup:

Ok Ruby I nee you to go shopping or just come over and watch me change into 20 million different combonation .... I want total honesty and I don't think you were mean at all - it's the kind of stuff I tell my GF - they say if it passes the Janet test then it's a cute outfit - hair cut etc..

I will try it together and post..

all the looks are fantastic. I do like the black dress with the white design at the hem..

Lynn I got a pair of boots to go with that dress - will look really sharp together - but alas it's still to hot to wear boots....

Janet that is great your a movie star now. I love the way you were the white slacks they liike great on you.

Carol

Thanks Carol - IMHO I look the thinest in the white pants - that's hard to beleive but I think I do...

I agree with Ruby, Janet. I especially like the black and white top with the white pants. I thought it looked hot.

As shucks thanks Kari...

Well did go to the mall - got a couple tops - a dress and a sweater.. I tried on these cute gray slacks -4 just a tad to big the 2 fit but due to the thin material the dimples showed thru - I think the designer clothes run large - Tharia or something like that

Well, I gott go Ice my foot - it's a little swollen - CBL

Thanks again gang for all the complements - it's greatly appreciated..

Indigo, I just dropped of my very stylish 11 year old daughter and her friend. On the way home I started to think and get optimistic about getting the band and being able to have some wonderful staple outfits again. I like the idea of taking photos of the outfits too! I would put the photos on my closet and assign each outfit for each event work, stores, church etc. ...So my whole closet doesn't end up on my bed like it does sometimes. I hope to be banded in February and hopefully soon I will share photos with you! Thank you again for sharing and the inspiration. .clothes again about how great Good luck on Wednesday. You are to model material!

I am not that originize to have photo's of my outfit in my closet :thumbup: Heck you should see my closet - right now a mess and a few things on the bed still :wink_smile:

Yep the band is really a great tool to help make your dreams of being a healthy person come true... I love the way I look - I really do - but truly it's icing on the cake - I did this to improve the quality of my life - being fat is so limiting... I have shed the fat and have a life again - where I can go - walk - tie my shoes - cross my legs (oh watch out for fallling asleep feet from now on though :mellow:) play with my baby grandaughter - clean house without breaking a sweat - walk up the stairs to my office without thinking twice -

You will be sharing photos this time next year - (no hope about it you will)

Like your candor Frustrated...I diddo that...and I'm getting the sense Indigo girl is not going to mind a bit. I did forget to ask you Indigo if you hired an image consultant or personal shopper, I know there's another word for what I'm think of ? I think I should do that instead of wasting money on clothes that don't look good on me or I just don't want to wear.

Like your candor Frustrated...I diddo that...and I'm getting the sense Indigo girl is not going to mind a bit. I did forget to ask you Indigo if you hired an image consultant or personal shopper, I know there's another word for what I'm think of ? I think I should do that instead of wasting money on clothes that don't look good on me or I just don't want to wear.

Nope Sooverit - I didn't mind Ruby's comments at all - I am all about truth - if I ask you if this looks good I expect an honest answer - I give what I want to get - If you put something on and asked me I will give you the truth..

No - I do my own shopping - I am a big What Not to Wear fan - I watch it all the time - 2 yrs ago Clinton Kelly was at our local Macy's - I got there 3 hrs before his presentation just so I could get a good seat - He specializes in Plus Sizes - but the girls who did the modeling weren't really plus sizes to me they were 16 - 14's -

I am pretty good at knowing what will look good on me (I think) and I will try diff styles - but pretty much like classic clothing with a llitte trend mixed in..

I really try to dress my age - I hate seeing women in their 50's trying to dress like a teenager - I won't do legging with a dress - I think I am too old for that look.

I am not good at accessorizing - I wear gold hoops - I have a heart diamond necklace - watch and tennis Bracelet and 2 rings - They are real and too good to sit in the drawer so - I usually don't go for the chunky necklaces - earring - bracelet etc - that can really make an outfit..

What Not to Wear comes on Friday Nites TLC Channel - Start watching that -