Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what should i do?

my op was the 1st august, im now feeling hungry at between 11-12, but then it goes away again until about 1pm when i have my lunch. however, when i have my lunch, i am manging to have about 3/4s of what i ate before my op, even though i dont feel hungry and then for Breakfast im having a yoghurt and for tea i am having 1/2 of what i ate before my op.

i feel realy stupid about doing this and its getting me down, especially this week cos im really tired, but should i go back on liquids for a week just to re start what im doing.

im not booked in for a fill and even though i seem to eat alot, im not hungry, so i dont feel i need one yet. my surgeon wouldnt do one anyway until atleast 8 weeks post op.

do you think it will be bd if i go on liquid diet for a week? i am planning on having yoghurt for Breakfast, Protein shake for lunch and Soup for my tea.

also, is there anyway of changing the time i get hungry to the evening, when i an eat alot slower, cos i dont have much time for lunch, especially as the students are now back. and eating too quickly is making me feel ill?

sorry about the rambling

Sarah

I have had such problems so far, i just feel like i havent got a band in at all. I had my first fill yesterday of 3.5ml, and i still dont feel much restriction. I am on liquids now for 3 days cause of the fill, but before that i caould eat more or less my pre band amount. I even had a chop and that went down fine.

I would say that the liquid idea is good - if anything it would boost ur weight lose.

i had loads of spaggetti bolognaise at lunch time and i wish i hadnt, but now im thinking what is going to be for tea. i really need to do some exercise, as well as starting back on liquids for a bit. im going to do that from this weekend, as I do not have the right things to be on liquids until then, cos i need to get some milk and some more Soup. but im kicking myself about this week and i wish i hadnt been so stupid, but i need to get back onto doing this as its worked so well this last month.

Here's my opinion, for what its worth.

A yogurt is no where near enough for you for breakfast. Yogurt is essentially a liquid because once it hits the warmth of your body it turns into one. You need something that isn't going to slide right through your pouch and leave you hungry. No wonder you are eating so much otherwise. And to pick on you some...WHY are you even eating spaghetti bolognese? It's so many carbs and not a lick of protein!

I know that you think going back on liquids is going to make things easier for you, but that wasn't the point of liquids. You were on that to let your stomach heal. Going back there is just the lazy way out. It's time for you to take some responsibility and actually use the band as a tool, rather than a crutch.

Eat Protein, lots!

Stay off the liquids unless it is Water, milk, etc., things intended to hydrate you.

Control your portions, just like you have in the beginning of pretty much every diet you've ever been on. I know, we've all given up after a few weeks, but just control for a couple of weeks until your fill controls your portions for you. You can do it!

No pussyfooting around! Buck Up! Get Mad! Show your body who's boss!

I agree with Lankila! Get busy and use the band. You need to make sure you are eating Protein and something that has some substance to it so your pouch can stretch and give you the feeling of being full.

Protein first and fill in with veggies. Watch your portions! You don't want to eat a lot of slider foods that just slip on through. You can do this, it is why you got the band - get busy and use it, you will be glad you did!

Do you have an empty band? If so, welcome to bandster hell. Don't worry, it'll get better. If you are able to eat more than 1 cup, add veggies and maximize your food. You'll be fine.

thank you all of you. the Protein from the spagghetti bolognaise came from the mince, but does that not count?

im not sure if i have an empty band or not, cos im not hungry until i start eating. i re started what i am meant to do last nite, had under a cupful of food, cos i was still very full from lunch and i did 1 and three quarter hours of aerobics. today im going to have a proper breakfast, in my book it says have a piece of toast, so im going to get one in a min, the thing is though, ive alwas had a yoghurt for my breakfast. but i guess thats why im now hungry at luchntime, and ive only just realised. ive got someone in my life pushing me to do this, but ive asked them to have a go at me if i dont stick to it. i want to wear that dress ive picked out for christmas, so im going to do this, and put this week down to experience. and pick myself back up and do what i need to do. cos i cant stay like this forever, and i know the band is a tool, not a miracle cure. just needed to get my head around that again and not be stupid about it.

I agree, try eating more for breakfast, yogurt is ok but you need some Protein also from solid food, consider the yogurt your drink. My doctor said if a CD size portion of food either doesn't fill me up or doesn't keep me full for 4 hours that I need an adjustment. If getting in some solid food protein at breakfast doesn't help maybe you need a fill.

You will get there, we're all learning together. Soon we will all be band experts!

the piece of toast definately kept me full, i couldnt really eat much at lunch time, had about 4 forkfulls of mince and peas and one new potato. so am going to have a piece of toast, but need some Protein with it to. this is all very complicated!! but i might just be making it complicated.

i agree, you need Protein at each meal, that is what keeps you full. You need egg with that WHOLE WHEAT toast. You should not be eating alot of white carbs (pasta, white rice, white toast, white potatoes, etc) They have alot of bad carbs. Stick with protein each meal then fill with veggies if you have any room left after your protein. You can do this, remember why you had the surgery.

I agree I think that Protein would help you a lot. It is very hard to get it in sometimes. I have found I love Egg Beaters with a wedge of Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb Cheese! I also like a spoon full of Jiff penutbutter made with Splenda. If you like yogart you might try the Greek Yogart it has a lot more protein!

i ate some cheese and an apple for breakfast and wasnt hungry at lunchtime. i had some chicken, broccilli and a small ammount of mash potato. ive not had my tea yet, but think i will hve tuna salad. the nurse that i see is not overly oncerned about the colour of Pasta, rice etc.

thanx for the suggestions though, i will have a look at the greek yoghurt in town when i next go in.

keisha, sounds like you're figuring things out!

Everyone has some great ideas! I think if you do the better carbs such as the whole wheat pastas and breads, they fill you up for less and taste SOOOOO much better and are so much better nutrition-wise. We aren't really to be eating much of that anyway but if you are going to eat it, get the most out of it as possible.

Like the others said, get your Protein first. And creamy Peanut Butter on toast is soooo yummy! Before surgery I'd put it on a frozen whole grain cinnamon waffle for breakfast! It'll also fill you up for a long time. I can't have toast yet but I'll have a spoonful of Peanut Butter and not be hungry for hours!

I really like greek yogurt! I can hardly stand regular yogurt so this is a nice alternative for me. I also found some individual egg quiches in the freezer section at Trader Joe's, I can't wait to try those. That would make a nice breakfast a couple of mornings (it'd probably be 2 or 3 servings for us even tho it's a single serving size!).

Take care and have fun trying to find different things for breakfast!

i think im going to have to widen my horizons on what i am going to have for breakfast, and its probably not going to be a typical (cereal, toast, yoghurt) breakfast any more. the 40g of cheese and apple idea at the moment is working very well, i'm going to have a look for te indiviudal quiches next time im in town.