Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mississippi Bandsters!

Hey Guys And Gals, Im Excited And Also Nervous About My Upcoming Surgery. It Is Scheduled For The 29 Of Feb. Will Start My liquid diet Soon. My Dw Is Hesitant About Me Having The Surgery, Not Sure For What Reason. One Of Her Friends Told Me That She Was Scared That I Would Die Or Leaver Her When I Got Thin. Well The Later Is Not A Concern However Im Willing To Take The Risk Of Dying Physically Because Im Already Dead Emotionally And Socially. Now Dont Get Me Wrong I Dont Want To Die , But Im Tired Of Living In A Shell . I Want To Live Like Normal Folks. Fyi.. My Dr. And Staff Played A Song By Mariah Carey( Hero) For Us At The Seminar. Wow How Moving. Thats Me, There Is Another Person Just Waiting To Emerge And Thats My Hero. Hope All Of You Find The Hero Inside Of You. May God Bless You And Help You With Your Journey.

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!! It is the best thing you could do for your future. Your Dw will soon realize it will "enhance" the person you are and make things better for both of you. My husband is so proud and happy. We are a better "team" than ever before! Now, I feel that I actually "have" a future to look forward to with him! Before, I was headed to an early grave...no doubt. I had surgery June 19th. 07 and I have lost 66 lbs. so far. I haven't set any records, but I certainly would not have lost ANY if it were not for my band. I am thrilled with my results and look forward to losing much more! God bless you and let us hear about your success! (who is your doc, by the way??)

Hey guys!!! I live in corinth ms and am working on getting the lap band done in oxford ms. I am awaiting for someone to call me from oxford to set things up. I am in need of someone telling me what will I be in for to get things started. And I am a self pay and need to know how much it cost in oxford?

I Had My Initial Consult With Dr. Avera In Ocean Springs On Feb 1. He Requires A Psych Eval, Lab Work, Gallbladder Ultrasound And An Upper Gi Swallow Test. Not An Endoscope, And An Ekg. And Have To Lose 10 Lbs Prior To Surgery. His Self Pay Is 15000. I Scheduled My Surgery For The 29th Because Of My Work Schedule,, However He Would Have Done It Sooner As Long As I Had My Pre Op Tests Done. They Are Wonderful At His Clinic. I Know It Is Prob Too Far To Go There But I Went To A Seminar In Jackson And Was Not Impressed. Hope This Was Helpful.

Hey thanks. I go to jackson ms alot b/c my daughter has to see several specalist there. But it is to far for me to go for something like this. It is 5 hours from home. I still haven't heard from oxford today. I am getting ill. I am tired of waiting to get things started. I have been on phentermine since 1-30-08 and lost 10 pounds so far. But it is only a temp weight loss. I have a bmi of 64 and in dire need to get it off.

Becky Wilson works with The Surgicial Clinic of North Ms 662-513-9671. She can guide you through the process if you choose Dr. Byars in Oxford. He has preformed surgery on my wife and I. She has lost 70lbs since April and I have lost 48lbs since Nov. 26.

Good luck.

Hey thanks. I am still waiting to here from them. I spoke with a nurse at my doc's office and she said she called and gave all the info over a week ago but she was going to call again but still no call. I am still just doing the diet pills and walking everyday. I've lost 14 pounds since 1-30-08. So thats like 2.5 weeks. I guess thats not to bad. Does that becky work with both doc's or just Dr. Byars?

Oh wat to go on the weight loss for you and your wife. Can't weight till I see that much gone on me.

If there are any other MISSISSIPPI bandsters I would surely like to introduce myself! Come out, come out wherever you are!

Hi I havn't been banded yet, but I'm doing my research first.

My first seminar is next week 26th, so hopefully we can chat.:cheers2:

Howdy Folks,

I'm going to have my LapBand surgery done at CMMC in Jackson, MS. They have been approved by Medicare but are still waiting to recieve the "Seal of Excellents" paper work from Medicare.

I started going to thier Support group the 2nd. Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM (1900 Hrs.) Most of them have already had their surgery & all but one the Bypass. Stil is very helpful going to these meeting.

I have not been on here lately because I'm still waiting :wub: for the Medicare approvel paper work for CMMC.

That's it for now, Don

Hey thanks for the number. I have not called yet but if I haven't heard from someone by next week I am. I had my sleep study done on 2-15-08 and am still waiting to hear the results from that. I'm so aggrivated that I have not gotten a call at all from oxford. My doc's office has called 2 times to verify that they had my info. What is the deal? I have lost 15 pounds.

Hey to who ever that has lap band done in oxford, ms and had to pay cash for the sugery, how did you get financed? I can not find a company that will work with them. Please help!!!!!

He Baaack,

Sorry I have not been on lately, but when your waiting for Medicares "Seal of Excellents" to start not much happens.

I'm sill going to the CMMC support group meeting. Learn something new each time.

I'm not suppose to say when the "Seal of Excellents" OK will happen because no one knows until it really happens, but lets just say that something major might happen in June, 2008. That's all I know at the moment about that.

There is a waiting list of people waiting for the "Seal of Excellents" to take effect, but because I'm a regular at the support group meetings the Head of the Gastric Surgrey area said he would make sure I would be one of the FIRST to be called. That was encouraging.

As for the weather here in the Jachson, MS area it has been a little chilly lately, down in the 50's & 60's the last couple days. Today at 3:00PM CDST it's about 77* right now & looks like it might stay that way for a few more days.

Several weeks ago we had a little snow and my GrandDaughter came over and made a good looking snowman.

That's it for now, I try to post a little more often. Not much of a poster, but I try.

Don

Hi,

I was banded in Oxford,MS on 3/6/08. Becky Wilson is the Weight Loss Center Office Manager. She was a very big help and gave me all the costs up front. I am a state employee and the health insurance doesn't pay anything for this type of procedure. In all I paid a total of $15,000 for the procedure. Becky can also help you apply for financing if your insurance doesn't pay through Regions Bank. I chose to go out on my own and found a medical company online that pays for any type of medical procedure. I paid the registration fee and they found a bank for me to finance with at a low interest rate. I was accepted and extended the line of credit I needed. They sent checks for me to write for each vist. The monthly payments are low enough for me to handle. I strongly reccommend you find an online medical company to finance this procedure, if you haven't already found financing. Good Luck!!!!

Banded 3/6/08 Dr. Byars Oxford,MS

Surgical Clinic of Oxford