Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

rock-a-bye sweet baby Jake

I'm so sorry.

I just found a rattler's skin in the back yard, last year a neighbors cat walk into the house and fell over dead, snake bite.

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's a small comfort that Jake likely didn't suffer. I hope you and your family are doing okay in this difficult time.

Pansy

My heartfelt sympathies go out to you guitarman. The loss of a pet is devastating. I hope that sharing your grief with us is helpful to you. You will always have memories, and I imagine photos, of your beloved Jake!

Awwww, so sorry! Pets are like children, and it is so hard when we lose one.

I agree the pain is deep and I'm very sorry for your loss of Jake.

However the loss of a child is nothing compared to a dog. Not from personal experience but from what I have learned thru others.

All dogs go to heaven!!!

I tried to avoid this post in fear of what I might find. I can't tell you how sorry I am. My husband rarely sleeps in bed with me any more cause my fur babies have priority in my household, so I know your pain must be fierce.

Could you post a picture of baby Jake?

Thanks again everyone. I would love to post jakes pic as soon as I learn how to do it. Chicagoboy you are absolutely right about a childs death being more devastating. I don't think any of us were saying otherwise, only comparing the innocense of both children and animals. But then again, how many degrees of a broken heart are there?

However the loss of a child is nothing compared to a dog. Not from personal experience but from what I have learned thru others.

I in no way meant that a dog could even begin to compare with the loss of a child. They are two separate things entirely! But people do get really attached to their pet. Lots of people don't have children, and they do think of their pets as their children. I had both children and pets, and let me tell you that when I lost a pet, I felt like I lost a member of my family. I am sure there are a lot of other people on this board that would feel the same way!

but on a happier note folks, check out what happened last night. I have two other rescued dogs. One is a full blood chocolate lab named sadie and the other is half St. Bernard/ Half Bull Mastif named Bentley. Bentley is just the pup and weighs over 110 pounds ay 1 year old. Sadie is about 3 yrs now. Anyhow, Jake was the trick dog. He could do it all. Speak, Beg, High Five, etc.... I could never get Sadie to do anything other than play in the Water and catch a ball. Last night I was on the deck spending time with them and I took about 30 minutes trying to teach Sadie to speak on command. Low and behold she did it. Unbelievable. She would never do this in the past no matter how much time I spent with her. It was like all she has ever wanted to do was please us but it just wasn't clicking. All of a sudden the light came on in her head and she was really focused. I know this sounds silly but it brought a lot of joy to our hearts. Thanks again everyone.

ah ha ha ha, Sadie could do it all along, she just didn't want to steal Jake's thunder.

Bently sounds like a monster! A big slobbery hairball monster "ohboyohboyohboy-someonegonnaplaywithme!" SLORP!

You know I think you're right. She is what we call country dumb, which means she is sneaky clever. Yes Bentley is a monster who thinks he is still a puppy. Try having that 110 lbs jump in your lap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

ah ha ha ha, Sadie could do it all along, she just didn't want to steal Jake's thunder.

Bently sounds like a monster! A big slobbery hairball monster "ohboyohboyohboy-someonegonnaplaywithme!" SLORP!

Perhaps Jake is sending some of his skills over the bridge to Sadie, so she can become the "trick dog."

Pansy (feeling new-agey today)

Guitarman,

I am sooo sorry to hear about your puppy. I can totally relate as I sit hear in mourning.

I had a shepard mix that I got when I graduated high school 14 1/2 years ago. I cam home the other night and she had had a stroke. My husband and I drove her 5 hours home to my parents farm and had her put down. It was the hardest thing that I may have done thus far in my life. She was there through all of my young adult life.

I am so sorry, but so glad to hear that you have your other puppies!!!!! They make it all so much easier. My dog Boomer, a three year old brittany, much like your Sadie - put his head under the Water to find a rock for the first time last night.

I think that they are just waiting in respect for their elders :) Thanks for sharing your story, as it actually really helped me in what I am going through.

I am getting banded in two weeks, but now I am not sure if I am going to need it, as I have lost 4 pounds since I lost Mara. :ermm

I am in the DFW area as well - I will have to come check out your band sometime. Porbably not this upcoming show - as I am sure that I will want to keep myself away from any temptations in the first few weeks after banding???

I'm sooo sorry. I have two poodles and until I had them I didn't realize that you can love an animal so much. I believe that pets go to heaven and he will be there waiting for you when you pass over. God Bless