Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. Samurai Surgery Check-in

I think I had a hernia repair, he said he would when he got in there. Mine are ugly and bruised. A couple are jagged looking, but I figure they shove those ports into the holes, kind of gross looking. I knew it wouldn't be pretty, I make ugly scare. He did use my Gall Bladder scar for one of my cuts, I assume when he lifted my liver. But, better than the scar down my chest if I hadn't of had it done (bypass surgery on my heart).

I'll take ugly anytime over that. Debbie

I was hoping that he would use my gall bladder scars, but he didn't. I look like Dr. Frankenstien has been using my body for harvesting. :lol:

I agree, I will take the ugly scars. That's ok, I will just keep getting dressed in the dark. haha

Disney99

What a day you had! And I thought mine was weird. Where are your pics. I am just courous. My tummy is multi colored due to the heprin they gave me. I look like someone beat me up, :lol:

Glad you are feeling better, any idea when this stupid gas goes away? I walk and walk, but it stays.

Anyway, glad you did so terrific. Debbie

Debbie - It's was good to get back on here and see that you have had your surgery and doing good! We were on the same date, but your had gotten changed. Glad ALL that is doing well.

I have added my pictures to my albums. And I am not sure about the gas....mine just feels stuck!

Shell .. I have mine sept 29th !!! Omy please try to be there monday and ill fill u in on the whole storey .. Good luck in case i dont hear from u

You will do fine on Monday. Dr. K is great and skilled. The first two days were the hardest for me but now five days out I feel totally normal. I never had the gas pains just like Dr. K said I wouldn't. I am eating pureed Soups and don't feel any restriction so everything goes down fine. I am not back to feeling the normal hunger that I did before being banded and I take in about 800 cals or so. I go back to work on your surgery morning and will be thinking of you wishing you a sucessful surgery and a speedy recovery. Check in as soon as you can so we know you are okay. Just relax, be positive and happy about the decision you have made. Happy banding!:lol:

Thank you so much for your post!!!!! I'm so excited for tomorrow I can hardly stand it. I'm ready! I just hope it goes well. I'll post for sure when I can!!! Thanks again, you've helped alot!!!!!

I was hoping that he would use my gall bladder scars, but he didn't. I look like Dr. Frankenstien has been using my body for harvesting. :tt2:

I agree, I will take the ugly scars. That's ok, I will just keep getting dressed in the dark. haha

Thank you so much for saying that :cool2:. I was feeling bad :eek: because so many say they have only one or two. My Dr was up front and they told me I could have numerous, but then when you hear ONE you start to feel like you are a freak :).

Dr. Frankenstien - yeah that is about right.

I feel so much better now! :mellow: Thanks Huggs, big bear hug :lol: Debbie

Hello All! I am very happy to be a part of this group. So far I have gained so much information!! I am very thankful.

I had my surgery on Sept. 23rd. I started my journey weighing exactly 300lbs. As of today I weigh 287 so I am excited to be down 13 pounds already. (but I have not been able to figure out how to make my ticker work) I had a rough go on my first day. I was extremely sore, I have many incisions (5) and the barium drink was HORRIBLE! But I am very thankful I stuck it out and have been positive and can't wait for my new healthy life. My goal is to all around be healthier. I have two teenagers that I want to ride rollacoasters with! I want to not have to ask for a seat belt extender when I ride in the airplane. I take so much medicine that I want to get rid of. I want to loose my sleep machine!! I could go on and on....

Thanks for listening!!

Anjie from Northern California:tongue:

Hello All! I am very happy to be a part of this group. So far I have gained so much information!! I am very thankful.

I had my surgery on Sept. 23rd. I started my journey weighing exactly 300lbs. As of today I weigh 287 so I am excited to be down 13 pounds already. (but I have not been able to figure out how to make my ticker work) I had a rough go on my first day. I was extremely sore, I have many incisions (5) and the barium drink was HORRIBLE! But I am very thankful I stuck it out and have been positive and can't wait for my new healthy life. My goal is to all around be healthier. I have two teenagers that I want to ride rollacoasters with! I want to not have to ask for a seat belt extender when I ride in the airplane. I take so much medicine that I want to get rid of. I want to loose my sleep machine!! I could go on and on....

Thanks for listening!!

Anjie from Northern California:tongue:

Congrats on your surgery! Mine is in the morning, and guess I'm nervous or something cuz I'm still awake. I have teenagers too and want to snowboard/hike/bike/etc all that good stuff with them too. I also want to ditch the CPAP machine.... Good luck! Hope you feel better soon!!!!

Well good news is some goes quickly. I'm already off my diabetes meds. I've been off them since the day of surgery.

Teri

Well good news is some goes quickly. I'm already off my diabetes meds. I've been off them since the day of surgery.

Teri

That is so awesome. I stopped my diabetes meds the day before surgery. I am hoping that I will lose my high blood pressure medicine at my next visit. :biggrin:

Sorry for the late check in!!

It's been two weeks since my surgery and I'm feeling GREAT!! I had my surgery on Sept 15. I went in at 10am and was home by 4pm. All went great with the surgery. No complications. I had to go through the at-home recovery alone because my husband went out of town that night. But I was a real 'Samurai' and didn't have any problems with the recovery. I was able to get up and take care of myself and my 4 kids. The lapband recovery was a cake-walk compared to the 3 c-section recoveries I had to endure. I didn't have any gas pains, or shoulder pains. I did have to battle naseau...I had it until Thursday, but the medication was GREAT!!!

The incisions look really good. I have 4 quarter inch incisions and 1 that is about 1 1/2 inches long. They are healing nicely. I have lost about 13 pounds so far, but wish it was more...just greedy!! I don't have any restrictions right now but I do have to eat slower. I have my first fill on Oct. 6th, so I'm really lokking forward to that and hopefully losing more real soon.

Well today is the last day of the 'Samurai'. I hope all had a great surgery experience and doing well...now let's kick some ass and lose weight!!

Hi all, I was banded on 9/26....will this thread continue now even when we are out of september....not quite sure how this works? It would be great to keep track with others banded around the same time.

My experience was pretty good, no nausea and not much pain from gas although my belly was really puffed out. I have 6 stapled incisions and one is about 2 inches long....does that sound big?? The pain I have when I get up feels like incision pain, but it actually is not where an incision is...strange. Today is day 5 and the Clear Liquids and protien shakes are holding me....felt my first hunger today, but the protien shake took care of that....I sure am looking forward to the next stage of full liquids and mushies....scrambled egg never sounded soooo good. Did anyone else fear their first solid food? ? I guess it's the unknown of how much restriction I have and what it actually feels like....am I worrying too much?

Im a self pay and didnt have a preop diet....only the day before surgery I was told to eat light. So I didnt have a preop weight loss...but I am thrilled that according to my scale I have lost 18 pounds already...I know mostly fluids, but it sure feels good to see loss.

hey !!! I was banded yesterday ! Thanks for all the prayers . The surgery went great . I am so very thankful and i hope to get off my diabetes med , but so far no . The pain still hurts but getting better . Not hungry at all thats 4 sure . Gettig around slow , but can walk .hard to get up out of bed . So glad to hear everyone is doing well .. What an experience :thumbdown:

I am home, and officially part of bandland!:thumbup: I want to thank every person that prayed for those of us having surgery today. I got to the hospital at 9:45a.m. They took me back to the pre-op area within 5 minutes. I got undressed (they wouldn't allow me to keep on my panties:frown:). They started my IV fluids, antibiotics, anti-nause medicine, and happy juice :thumbdown:. They told me that I could expect to stay back there for a while since I was my surgeon's third patient of the day. I was back there for almost 3 hours before they took me to the O R. I SORT of remember getting on the table, but that is all. The next REAL memory was in stage 1 recovery. I asked the nurse if I had a band, and if they did any type of hernia repair. I didn't have a hernia (or if I did, he didn't repair it). I didn't have any pain. I dozed in and out for a little while there. I was then taken to stage 2 recovery. That is where they brought my DH back. I was required to drink 2 cups of Water and 1 cup of apple juice before I could leave. I asked to get up to start my walking. I was able to get up without any help. I made 4 trips around the room. They called my surgeon to ask if I could have some Benedryl because the pain medicine was making me itch. He told her I could have it and go home at 5pm. All of the nurses talked about how well I was doing. I got dressed on my own. I am so shocked at how good I feel. I figure it must be some darn good drugs. I still have the motion sickness patch behind my ear. I figure I will leave it there since I am on clear liquids until next Thursday. I came home and changed into a night gown. I was happy to find out that my short term disablity benefits were approved through October 23! That works out for me because my son has a break from school coming up. That will keep me from having to pay for a babysitter.

I am so proud to be a Samurai!

Im so glad to see you say you got a short term disability approval....it seems like most others talk about going back to work really fast. I want to be off as much time as I can get approved...so you got 4 weeks approved, is that about right? What kind of work do you do? I have pretty much a desk job...so I am really worried I wont get approved for any time :cursing: and I know from how I feel on day 5 that I am not anywhere near close to ready....mostly sitting in a chair leaning forward all day. Are you on clear liquids now? For how long?

Prayers for patience and determination.

Hey peeps looks like ya all doing superb well done :thumbdown:

I was banded on Friday , Im 4 days post op and doing great so far.

Great not to feel hungry , Im off all pain meds now , Im taking fluids down fine and walking about no probs .

The only thing I thought was sore was tha gas pain:cursing:

But that only lasted 24 hours =relief:tongue2:

Fluids for a whole month now , first fill in 6 weeks :cursing:

wishing u all loads of success:thumbs_up:

I am 8 days out and back to work. The only issues I am having is that my stomach is bloated and my port site still hurts. I removed two of my bandages and the scars are healing very well. They might end up being very small. I am still taking Extra Strength Tylenol. I still need it. I have been pureeing my food since about 3 or 4 days after surgery. Anything that fits through a straw is what my post op diet said. I hope I haven't been overdoing it. I eat maybe 800 or so calories a day. I haven't dropped any weight even though my caloric intake has been greatly reduced. Does anyone else still have a bloaded stomach with port pain?