Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. Samurai Surgery Check-in

I am down a little over 40 pounds. I have had 3 fills and going for my 4th next week. They just can't seem to get me tight enough. I am starting to freak out about this. What if I went through this whole process and they can't find my sweet spot. Has that ever happened? I can eat way more than one cup of food and my will power isn't so great. Part of the reason I am in this position. LOL So frustrating!

Is anyone else sick of Protein Shakes? OMG! I can barely drink them everyday. It isn't the flavor but the fact I have to drink 3 a day.

I have been swimming everyday, doing Bikram yoga, and on Monday I am starting the Couch to 5K program! My husband and I are going to do the 5K thing together. We thought it would be a fun way to exercise together.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!:confused::thumbup::cursing::thumbup:

I don't drink Protein Shakes. Haven't since I started on real food. I do go back on them when I have a fill, for 24 hours. Then to mushies, and I try to stick to like tuna in Water for my Protein. I hated them so bad.

Teri

OH I'm also 3 fills in, and hoping for my 4th next week. I have some restriction, but not much, as I found out today. I ate anything and everything I wanted, and just as fast as I wanted. UGH! I'm sure I gained today.

teri

OH I'm also 3 fills in, and hoping for my 4th next week. I have some restriction, but not much, as I found out today. I ate anything and everything I wanted, and just as fast as I wanted. UGH! I'm sure I gained today.

teri

Teri,

Isn't the fill thing so frustrating? I just want them to fill me up with a garden hose or something. I am really hoping this is the last fill I need for awhile. I hate getting them. Fills hurt so badly.

I hope you get your 4th next week too!!

Hi, all Septembers, just checking in. I have lost 45 pounds. Did not lose during the holidays, but did not gain. So I think that is a good start. I was catching up with all of you and it looks like you are doing very well. Yea us! Dot

My fills fortunately don't hurt. It's just getting frustrating getting where I need to be.

I actually am up 4 pounds today from 2 weeks ago. Maybe pms-ing, but not sure. I know I'm real emotional. I'll get thru it. I feel real "Full" right now. Maybe some Constipation issues again :tongue2:

It's been such a long holiday season this year. I'm so glad it's over. Now I can focus on exercise, and not on shopping for gifts, or finishing up christmas crafts.

Teri

I am thirty two pounds down. I know I need a fill becuse I san eat more. I am sfchduled for jan.20th for my third fill in my 14cc band. Currently I have 4.5 total.

I love my band and all of you for being such a wonderful support group.

Curves

Hi.. just checking in.. I am down 34 lbs. I went to the doc yesterday but did not get another fill. I was't sure whether I needed one or not. I only lost 6lbs this month, but have gotten stuck twice. I didn't throw up, but it was a painful few minutes waiting for it to pass. So I was hesitant to get another fill. What I discussed with doc was that if I eat solid Protein, then yes I have restriction, but that soft foods do seem to slide down easily. He said he doesn't think I need a fill and wants me to focus this month on my food choices. He said changing habits doesn't happen overnight and that if I get too restricted I will just turn to slider foods instead of taking the time to be careful. Sooo.. no fill. I was okay with this, and do realize I need to make better food choices. How is everyone else doing with this? I still love potatoes and end up some days having to drink a Protein Shake because I didn't get all my protein in. Oh-- found a new protein shake too that I wanted to mention. I did hear about it on here so you all may know already how yummy Muscle Milk is. I drink Muscle Milk Cookies & Cream. 300 calories and 32g of protein.

Hair loss seems to be slowing down finally.. damn that was awful!

Hope everyone else is doing well too. I like reading the updates.

Oh.. I still need to add more exercise. I struggle with it so much. I am doing a 5K the end of April, but I'm still on week 1 of the Couch to 5K program. If anyone else is doing that and wants to support each other please feel free to email me. Through here, or Tupperbugs@ aol.com

Time to check in. I've now lost 35#, almost 1/2 way to my ultimate goal. :tongue2: (9/30/08 surgery) Problem is I'm going to have to get a small unfill. My last fill (2nd) was too much and it now hurts every time I try to eat or drink anything. It took about 2 days for the fill to kick in so I didn't notice it at 1st. I actually had my 1st PB experience today on milk of all things. :thumbup:

How do I put the information lines under my ticker (surg date, fill date, signature, etc.)? :thumbup: Hope everyone has a great day!

Time to check in. I've now lost 35#, almost 1/2 way to my ultimate goal. :der: (9/30/08 surgery) Problem is I'm going to have to get a small unfill. My last fill (2nd) was too much and it now hurts every time I try to eat or drink anything. It took about 2 days for the fill to kick in so I didn't notice it at 1st. I actually had my 1st PB experience today on milk of all things. :tongue2:

How do I put the information lines under my ticker (surg date, fill date, signature, etc.)? :thumbup: Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi there! I know what you mean about the fill getting tighter after a few days, it does that to me too. Haven't PB' yet :blink:

You go to your profile then go to your SIGNATURE to add things in. :thumbup:

Hey everyone!!! I haven't checked in for awhile. I had surgery 9-25-08 & have lost about 30 Lbs. I am sorry to say that I have not worked out a bit & I could be doing better at times w/ my eating. I know I could have a lot more off if I was doing those 2 things :thumbup:. Time to buckle down!

I had my last fill dec.22 & it was # 5 fill for me. I am due for another Jan 9th. I'm hoping I will not be TOO tight after that one. I think I may be getting CLOSE to my

"SWEET SPOT" :tongue2:.

Anyway, I'm feeling really good because I'm feeling my weight loss & lots of people tols me how good I looked over the holiday :thumbup:. My SIL even called ne a "skinny b**ch" LOL! I took it as a compliment LOL~!!! Keep up the good work everyone & keep us updated!!!

Hi everyone. I thought I would check in too. I am down about 36 pounds, but it is really slow coming off. I am going in for fill #4 on 1/19. I don't really have much restriction. I can only feel it if I eat something too dry too fast. Even then, it isn't painful. I just sits there. If I get up and move around a little, that will go down. I am able to eat entirely too much. I have only lost maybe 4 pounds since my fill in December. That is very frustrating. I know that weight loss should be slow, but I was not expecting this snail pace. I am also having issues with food choices. It makes it really hard when nothing really give me problems eating except bread. I haven't had bread in a long time. You would think just that would make me lose a ton of weight. I guess I can tell a difference in my weight because my mom bought me a size 18 dress, and it was too big! Yeah! It was a great feeling, but when the scale refuses to move...

Thanks for letting me vent. It is really good to see you all doing so well.

Hi everyone. I thought I would check in too. I am down about 36 pounds, but it is really slow coming off. I am going in for fill #4 on 1/19. I don't really have much restriction. I can only feel it if I eat something too dry too fast. Even then, it isn't painful. I just sits there. If I get up and move around a little, that will go down. I am able to eat entirely too much. I have only lost maybe 4 pounds since my fill in December. That is very frustrating. I know that weight loss should be slow, but I was not expecting this snail pace. I am also having issues with food choices. It makes it really hard when nothing really give me problems eating except bread. I haven't had bread in a long time. You would think just that would make me lose a ton of weight. I guess I can tell a difference in my weight because my mom bought me a size 18 dress, and it was too big! Yeah! It was a great feeling, but when the scale refuses to move...

Thanks for letting me vent. It is really good to see you all doing so well.

Hey Girl!! We were banded on the same day! Your ahead of me in the game. :mad: I've lost about 30. I'm happy though. I can't remember the last time I lost that much! Keep your head up! :tt2:

Just checking to see how all of my September buddies are doing. I go to the Dr. on Monday - hopefully for my 3rd fill. I only have 2.5cc in my band. I do have lots of issues with keeping food down, but I'm able to eat more then I should. I'm anxious for the scales to drop. I also need to start more exercising. I got Wii Fit for Christmas, but it is still in the box. So - resolutoin - exercise and watch my calories better. By the way, what is "Couch to 5K"? I missed this info.

Thanks for your support!!

Carolyn

:)

WOW!!! Your weight loss is simply incredible. Congratulations. I was banded Sept 2nd and have lost 40 lbs. and have had 3 fills. I'm happy for your success. Happy New Year. Let's make it a GREAT one.

Hi all you Sept banders~~ happy holidays!!!

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing! I was banded Sept 30th and so far all is going well! I have lost 63 pounds to date and I still have NOT had a fill! My doctor likes to wait, so I go for my first fill on jan 7 and I am ready for it! I am starting to feel hungry and it is getting much harder with the smaller portions! My goal for 2009 is more exercise!

Where is everyone else at? I would love to hear from you all! Have a happy and healthy New year!

Cheers!

Chris : )