Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scare Off the Pounds for Halloween Challenge

I need in on this! I have 7 pounds to lose in order to reach my goal and recently had to have an unfil! This seven pounds does not want to come off... However, I have not really been on the right track either lately.

Add me to the list as of today. When does the challenge end? How much time do I have?

Phooey. All I've been able to do since this challenge started is to gain a pound! Ah well. Patience....

You and me both Foofy !! I can eat way too much at the moment !! I haven't weighed myself for a while so I'm hoping my weight has stayed where it was.

I go up and down the same two to three pounds every week. Too much weekend fun and then it takes me all week to get it back off.

I am happy I have been able to maintain my weight, but I really wanted to see the 160's. Not this month it won't happen. There is always Oct. right?

Judy -

I know how frustrating it is, but I'm sure that maintaining is the bigger prize. I always said that I'd be ready to accept whatever weight I was at as long as that meant that I wouldn't gain any more. Of course getting to a chosen weight and staying there might be even more rewarding, but you may well get there, too! But maintaining, especially with wedding bells ringing and without a band, is a pretty neat trick to pull off - congratulations!

I think not having a band has to be the hardest thing Judy. I think you are doing really well considering. I hope you get to the 160s before xmas... that will give you something to play with during the festive season. That's my plan, lose 10 or 15 lbs and not stress if I put a few back on.

Phooey. All I've been able to do since this challenge started is to gain a pound! Ah well. Patience....

Me too Foofy, I gain a pound I lose a pound,

I can't seem to get below freaking 180:mad2:

Thanks Bandpal and Sades for your support.

I am enjoying the upcoming celebration too much and that is the problem. My daughter and son in law are here and they have taken vacation days to be here, so we are all celebrating too much. I am walking, so that is a good thing and I know as soon as the wedding is over, I will be back on track. It's just a little scary to see the scale go up, especially with a special dress hanging in the closet that needs to fit well on Saturday. We are all excited about the wedding. I had little to do with the planning for the big day, but I know it will be a beautiful day. Pray for good weather, please.

My husband and I have vowed to set Oct and Nov as our "stay on track" months. It helps when we are both on track together.

I will be sure to post after the wedding with photos and how the day went.

Some weeks are easier than others and this is one of the hard ones. I have to accept that as my new normal, as there is no band to keep me in check.

I am happy I have stuck around the forum, you guys have been a HUGE support for me. I truly appreciate it.

Well, like most of you I ain't scarring off any pounds either...matter of fact I am up 5-8lbs depending on the day. I am still doing Water aerobics but I just can't seem to shake the yo-yoing....I have to go back and re-read my materials to get myself back on track. I seem to be going through soft food syndrome because I am still getting stuck more often than I should be. I tend to eat slider foods because they are easier to go down. I know that I shouldn't but I do because I am tired of fighting the food down. I need to get back to the doctor's for some help but don't have the time right now...way to busy and way to much going on...

I am glad that I am still doing my Water aerobics just need to get back on the Protein bandwagon again...

Shortgal, can't wait to see your pictures. You are my hero with all that you have gone through and you still have a great attitude...keep it up and enjoy the wedding.

i like to join in for sum odd reason just 5pounds alone seems hard maybe if i work alil harder or have a reason to work extra i can do it

Cindy, It sounds like your band might be a little too tight. (I know, hard to accept info from a bandless person) but I have read so many times of people not losing with a too tight band because they resort to "easy"foods. You know yourself and situation the best but please consider the possibility.

You've done an incredible amount of work to get off over 100 pounds, I am in awe all the time of all the nymphs achievements.

Mzreeda, Absolutely join us in the Challenge. Losing and keeping off any pounds is a great goal and five pounds is half a size. I always set small goals but when you hit it, it feels great!

Cindy, It sounds like your band might be a little too tight. (I know, hard to accept info from a bandless person) but I have read so many times of people not losing with a too tight band because they resort to "easy"foods. You know yourself and situation the best but please consider the possibility.

You've done an incredible amount of work to get off over 100 pounds, I am in awe all the time of all the nymphs achievements.

Mzreeda, Absolutely join us in the Challenge. Losing and keeping off any pounds is a great goal and five pounds is half a size. I always set small goals but when you hit it, it feels great!

I agree Shorgal, that I am to tight. I am seeing the doc in October...I think feeling this way since May is long enough. I guess I keep thinking that it will loosen up but I just may be a bandster that can only have 2 cc's in my 4cc band. Right now I am at 2.25. I also find that some days I don't have problems but then the band shows that it is still there. I don't get it it is just so finnicky.

Cindy

Shelly - you're almost at goal?! Way to go!!!

Shortgal - you are doing FANTASTIC just maintaining at this stressful time. On the weekends, why don't you have just one meal a day that you "save up" for. Like, Breakfast and lunch have just a Protein shake or something really small, and then you can have more at supper and feel like you're cutting loose a bit, and hopefully not gain those two pounds that you're having to lose the rest of the week.

Can you believe we're almost a year to our first bandiversary? WOW!

Name............Start........Current........Goal.......To Go

CindyG...........195...........193...........185........8

Momto1plus1......193.6.........190.6.........185........5.6

Foofy............226...........226...........216........10

Sades............185...........185...........175........10

Hollyberries.....245...........245...........235........10

Shortgal.........174...........172.4.........168.........4.5

Wnt2Lose.........195...........195...........180........15

Stephanie......182.5.........182.5...........167......15.5

Linda............183..........181.5..........170........11.5

Shalee04.........180...........180...........174........06

Bandpal.................185..................185..................175. ...........10

Looks like we're all having some challenges as we head to our bandiversary. I'm stuck at 193. I was 192 for about 5 minutes! Its so weird. Before my unfill of .25, I couldn't eat more than a baby food consistency without getting stuck. Now, I feel like I hardly have restriction. There is no in-between with me. I think at this point, we can't rely on the band to do all the work for us. We need to find a good weight loss plan that we can stick with.

Cindy, I think you have the right idea of getting back on high Protein, low carbs. That always worked for me in the past. We're not done, yet. We can all get to goal but we need to put in more work now.