Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scare Off the Pounds for Halloween Challenge

Shelly - you're almost at goal?! Way to go!!!

Shortgal - you are doing FANTASTIC just maintaining at this stressful time. On the weekends, why don't you have just one meal a day that you "save up" for. Like, Breakfast and lunch have just a Protein shake or something really small, and then you can have more at supper and feel like you're cutting loose a bit, and hopefully not gain those two pounds that you're having to lose the rest of the week.

Can you believe we're almost a year to our first bandiversary? WOW!

Linda, Oh, if only I did what I know I should! I gain VERY easily, even when I make adjustments.

Yesterday, I went to the movies with my daughter and son in law. I always feel "gipped" if I don't have Snacks at the movie, so I popped my own bag of microwave popcorn to bring with me and I stopped at the drug store for a pack of twizzlers because then at least the portions would be smaller than if I purchased them at the movies. And I walked five miles yesterday. Just an extra glass of wine at dinner or a piece of bread with the meal and the scale goes up.

After the wedding I hope I can be a bit more consistent with the eating.

It is very hard to believe a year is almost past since the first surgery. What a difference in how I feel. I have no plans to go back to the "old" me.

I agree Shorgal, that I am to tight. I am seeing the doc in October...I think feeling this way since May is long enough. I guess I keep thinking that it will loosen up but I just may be a bandster that can only have 2 cc's in my 4cc band. Right now I am at 2.25. I also find that some days I don't have problems but then the band shows that it is still there. I don't get it it is just so finnicky.

Cindy

Cindy, I'm glad you're getting a little taken out. I don;t read many threads on the forums anymore except for the Nov group, but previously I would read people posting about getting stuck and being too tight. They would never want an unfill because they thought they would gain but they weren't losing having a too tight band either. Everyone would convince them to get a slight unfill and once they did, they would feel better and lose a few pounds. That's why it sounded like you were too tight.

Maybe you need something in between the 2 and 2.25 cc's? With or without a working band, this losing weight thing is not easy but we've all done well.

I hope your pants are not falling down these days!

Looks like we're all having some challenges as we head to our bandiversary. I'm stuck at 193. I was 192 for about 5 minutes! Its so weird. Before my unfill of .25, I couldn't eat more than a baby food consistency without getting stuck. Now, I feel like I hardly have restriction. There is no in-between with me. I think at this point, we can't rely on the band to do all the work for us. We need to find a good weight loss plan that we can stick with.

Cindy, I think you have the right idea of getting back on high Protein, low carbs. That always worked for me in the past. We're not done, yet. We can all get to goal but we need to put in more work now.

Cindy...totally agree. There is no in between just extremes. I agree that we may need to more on our own.

Cindy, I'm glad you're getting a little taken out. I don;t read many threads on the forums anymore except for the Nov group, but previously I would read people posting about getting stuck and being too tight. They would never want an unfill because they thought they would gain but they weren't losing having a too tight band either. Everyone would convince them to get a slight unfill and once they did, they would feel better and lose a few pounds. That's why it sounded like you were too tight.

Maybe you need something in between the 2 and 2.25 cc's? With or without a working band, this losing weight thing is not easy but we've all done well.

I hope your pants are not falling down these days!

No pants falling down lately but getting to a size 18....haven't seen that in 20 years. Most of my weight is left in the stomach area. That will be the last to go I am sure. BTW...I am glad you are still around. Wouldn't be the same with our Shortgal.

C

Name............Start........Current........Goal.......To Go

CindyG...........195...........193...........185........8

Momto1plus1......193.6.........190.6.........185........5.6

Foofy............226...........226...........216........10

Sades............185...........185...........175........10

Hollyberries.....245...........245...........235........10

Shortgal.........174...........172.4.........168.........4.5

Wnt2Lose.........195...........195...........180........15

Stephanie......182.5.........182.5...........167......15.5

Linda............183..........181.5..........170........11.5

Shalee04.........180...........180...........174........06

Bandpal..........185...........182.82........175........7.82

A couple of good days, a couple of bad days... the only thing is, there are more good days than bad days now.

CindyG...........195...........191...........185........6

Momto1plus1......193.6.........190.6.........185........5.6

Stephanie........182.5.........182.5.........167........15.5

Linda............183...........181.5.........170........11.5

Down 2, yay!! So strange. I don't loose an ounce in 2 weeks, then suddenly 2 comes off overnight. It seems the trick is to cut down the late night carbs. I am officially halfway to my goal!!

Edited by cindyg1212

Re: Scare Off the Pounds for Halloween Challenge

Momto1plus1......193.6.........189.2.........185........4.2

The only thing I'm scaring with this challenge is myself !! :bolt: I can eat like there's no tomorrow at the moment. I have a fill coming up next Wednesday, 1 Oct so that will give me almost a month to meet my goal. I've been walking regularly which has to be helping a little. No plans to weigh myself until the day of my fill.

Momto1plus1......193.6.........189.2.........185........4.2

Shalee04.........180...........178...........174........04

OK that took me forever but I lost 2 pounds!!!!! I'll take it. That puts me at 70 total lost so far. Hopefully I am finally over my platue!!!

Good job Wendy and Shalee!!! I want to get into the 180's so bad!

Sades, how do you know you didn't lose asnything if you're not getting on the scale? You'll hit restriction soon. Your next fill will get the scale moving again.

Sades, how do you know you didn't lose asnything if you're not getting on the scale? You'll hit restriction soon. Your next fill will get the scale moving again.

The last time I weighed myself I hadn't put anything on but I feel fat this time around so I'm sure I've put on some. Unfortunately my uncle passed away yesterday and his funeral is this Wednesday, the day of my fill, so I will have to change it. Hopefully I won't have to wait another month to have it. I'm hoping they will help me out given my circumstances. Fingers crossed!

You'll get to the 180s before you know it. I can't wait to get into the 170s... now that will be an achievement!!

Good luck everyone. :teeth_smile:

Thnaks Cindy!!!! I just can't believe that I'm in the 180s and that I can get my behind in a size 12 pair of pants.

CindyG your almost there to the 180's!!! it took me over 4 months to get out of the 180's!! I thought I would never get away from 182...

Thanks Cindy. I was able to get a fill appointment on the 8th, so only another week to wait.

Only a couple of pounds and you should be in the 180s.. you go girl!