Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scare Off the Pounds for Halloween Challenge

Sorry to hear of your Uncle Sades. Glad you don;'t have to wait too long for the fill.

The wedding day has come and gone and what a success! It was all so beautiful and we were lucky the rain held off at the most important times, so the couple got some outdoor photos.

I can't even believe I did not hand my camera to someone to catch a photo of my husband and I! I will have to wait for the photographers photos. I was so busy taking photos of the couple, ceremony and wedding party.

I did post a few pics on my Facebook account of the wedding party and bride and groom. If you have a facebook account, just add me as a friend to see them.

The bride looked absolutely beautiful. Her dress was all lace with a cream sash, on the back holding the sash was a rhinestone brooch, which looked very pretty as she stood at the altar and you could see the back of her gown.

I ate and drank ( and danced) a lot, but not enough dancing to work off what I ate! Time to get back on track and get back walking!

The kids are off to Hawaii, I'm sure they need the rest!

Thanks Judy. It sounds like you had a great time and I look forward to seeing some photos. What is your Facebook name... Shortgal? PM it to me if you prefer.

Thanks Shalee, Look at you going for a TT already! Did you start a thread in the plastic surgery section on the forum, so I can follow along? I'd love to have some PS.

Name............Start........Current........Goal.......To Go

CindyG...........195...........191...........185........6

Momto1plus1......193.6.........189.2.........185........4.2

Foofy............226...........226...........216........10

Sades............185...........185...........175........10

Hollyberries.....245...........245...........235........10

Shortgal.........174...........172.4.........168.........4.5

Wnt2Lose.........195...........190.8...........180........10.8

Stephanie........182.5.........182.5.........167........15.5

Linda............183...........181.5.........170........11.5

Shalee04.........180...........178...........174........04

Bandpal..........185...........182.82........175........7.82

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Been busy with teaching and taking two graduate classes. I stepped on the scale today and was pleasantly surprised to see 190.8. I actually stepped on it 3 times because I thought I was seeing things.

I was at 195 for so long then it would go down then up, then jump down 3 lbs.! I hadn't weighed myself for a week because I was getting so frustrated, but I've had so many people comment that I have lost more weight, etc. etc, so I thought I'd check it. I'm so glad I did!

BTW now I can fit into size 12 jeans! I think I was in 6th grade the last time I wore 12's!

Keep working hard everyone!

Name............Start........Current........Goal.......To Go

CindyG...........195...........191...........185........6

Momto1plus1......193.6.........188...........185........3

Foofy............226...........226...........216........10

Sades............185...........185...........175........10

Hollyberries.....245...........245...........235........10

Shortgal.........174...........172.4.........168.........4.5

Wnt2Lose.........195...........190.8...........180........10.8

Stephanie........182.5.........182.5.........167........15.5

Linda............183...........181.5.........170........11.5

Shalee04.........180...........178...........174........04

Bandpal..........185...........182.82........175........7.82

I haven't lost a dang pound but I am glad to see everyone is losing. Matter of fact, I am up about 4-5lbs depending on what day it is. I am still doing Water aerobics a couple of times a week but I am entering a very busy time for me. Christmas!!!! Yikes, I get a pit in my stomach when I say the word.

Glad to see everyone doing so well. Shortgal, can't wait to see the photos. Sades you are our faithful one around here.

Miss you guys,

Cindy

Hi Cindy, sorry to hear that you've gained weight. I guess your body is trying to settle at a comfortable weight for you. No doubt you will give it a kick start again when you are less stressed. I'm hoping that my fill on Wednesday will do that for me. I'm going to start back at aqua again as well. I've been walking but I think I need more. Good luck!

Wnt2lose, great job! That must have been a wonderful surprise. Hey, why are you in size 12 jeans and I'm a 14? Funny how our bodies are so different at the same weight. I won't be a 12 until I hit 180.

Wendy, you keep going down and down. I'm stuck and just want to see the 180's so bad!

Sades, good luck with your fill!

Cindy, you're just hanging out waiting for the rest of us to catch up with your awesome weight loss. You'll get the ball rolling when you're ready. You lost so much so fast that your body just wants to take a little break. This is a tough time of year. You'll get your focus back.

Thanks Cindy. It is weird about dress size because I've only gone down 1-2 dress sizes compared to others who have gone down 2-3. I'd like to go down 1 more dress size before xmas.. don't like my chances!

Thanks Shalee, Look at you going for a TT already! Did you start a thread in the plastic surgery section on the forum, so I can follow along? I'd love to have some PS.

Hi shortgal, Yes I did start a thread in the plastic surgery forum. I am not at goal but I am at a point where my Dr and I feel it is a good time for me to do this. I have been stuck between 178-182 now for about 4 months. sure I keep losing inches and reshaping some parts of my body, But other parts just don't budge. and myt weight seems to love 180. My thyroid stopped working a few months back, so I was put on meds for that. it seems to have helped. Anyway's I will be having a Tummy Tuck with anchor cut, mons lift and after much thought and sleepless nights I have decided to get small implants also, to give my deflated girls some fullness back in them. we thought about a lift, but I was/am really scared of it, and they aren't really so droopy as they are deflated. PS said I should do fine with implant only. That's about it for, ow it's all about the waiting, I get more scared as each day gets closer to surgery day, "am I making the right decision" I am driving my hubby nuts.

I found your PS thread a few days ago and I'm following it. I am stuck between 172 and 175 ( my lowest was 171) and cannot seem to get past that point either, so I know what you mean.

I'm definitely interested in plastics but don't know how much I can afford to do.

I am still walking and that has reshaped parts of my body but like you, some areas of fat don't go away.

I'll be watching your thread for your progress.

Thanks Cindy,

At my height, I need to be in the 120's to be normal weight. In even my younger adult life, I never weighed that little, so with older age and no band, that goal is impossible.

I would still prefer to be in the 150's, and that might have been possible with a band, but without one, it's hard to control the hunger. Many banded people have trouble getting to 150, so I doubt it's reasonable for me.

However, I am much more comfortable than I was a year ago, so I could live "happily ever after" at my current weight. I still have a goal to get into the 160's and I am working hard at that goal, especially while the weather allows me to walk. I'm a bit worried about winter months coming and being able to continue walking.

I guess with or without a band it will continue to be a struggle for most of us and we just have to accept that.