Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

Bimbabe - Congrats on the down 75! That's wonderful.

I'm right there with you on things slowing down. If you decide to try the liquids & mushies stages gain, let us know if it works. I'm still losing, but it is a fight now. I think a lot of it is mental - I'm plenty tight, but am having problems with old bad habits. Hello vending machine!

I also have not been checking in to lapbandtalk very often either. My surgery was October 7, 2008. Bimbabe, I really understand what you posted. I hit six months and the weight just stopped coming off. I am stuck at 65 lbs and need to lose at least 30 more. I was overfilled and then had to have some removed and since then, I have had terrible heartburn (something I never had before surgery) and a metalic taste in my mouth. In the morning I can only drink a smoothie---nothing goes else goes down. I also seem quite bloated in my stomach area. I have an appointment with my surgeon on May 27th. I sure hope they can figure out what went wrong. I had been doing so well until right around Easter. Hang in there. There is a lady in our group who had surgery in early 2008 and lost well for about six months, then went six months without losing anything and now she is losing again. I have also considered going on the "pre-op" diet for a couple of weeks to try to get back on track. But I eat so little now and exercise five days a week, I can't imagine it would help. I do have plenty of energy and feel better now than I have felt in many years.

I also have not been checking in to lapbandtalk very often either. My surgery was October 7, 2008. Bimbabe, I really understand what you posted. I hit six months and the weight just stopped coming off. I am stuck at 65 lbs and need to lose at least 30 more. I was overfilled and then had to have some removed and since then, I have had terrible heartburn (something I never had before surgery) and a metalic taste in my mouth. In the morning I can only drink a smoothie---nothing goes else goes down. I also seem quite bloated in my stomach area. I have an appointment with my surgeon on May 27th. I sure hope they can figure out what went wrong. I had been doing so well until right around Easter. Hang in there. There is a lady in our group who had surgery in early 2008 and lost well for about six months, then went six months without losing anything and now she is losing again. I have also considered going on the "pre-op" diet for a couple of weeks to try to get back on track. But I eat so little now and exercise five days a week, I can't imagine it would help. I do have plenty of energy and feel better now than I have felt in many years.

Sounds like you are still too tight. Be careful and let us know how things go. Maybe your doctor can see you sooner.

Hi everybody. I'm doing great. My weight is finally starting to move. I've always been a slow learner, but I'm finally understanding this band - how it works and how to use it to my best advantage. I'm signing up for a boot camp (5 days a week from 5:30 to 6:30 a.m.):crying: starting June 1. I can hardly believe I'm doing that, but I'm calling it "my time." I think that's really going to push me even lower. I'm getting NSV's all the time now. I bought a couple outfits because my clothes were just hanging off me and the new outfits are already too big.:redface:

I love this band and all of you!!!:smile2:

Hi all,

I am not doing well, but I am not blaming anyone but myself. I am not working with my band. I am back to eating the wrong things again. I got a fill last week and I do have alot more restriction but I have to change my thinking. How have you guys gotten this far? What are you doing to continue to lose weight? I am needing advice.

Thanks,

Cheryl:confused:

Cheryl,

When I stop keeping such close tabs on what I eat at sparkpeople.com I can tell I stop losing like I should. It really took 3 months for it to become a lifestyle, but I know it will only take a week to undo all that self teaching.

I haven't been as focused and the weight loss is slowing. It is hard. I have changed things up at the gym and had them make me a work out schedule 3 days a week. I have only done it twice already. The other days i can make it to the gym I will do cardio and maybe abs.

Hang in there. Remember your basics. Protein first then veggies. No drinks with your meal and stop as soon as you start to feel full....or don't feel hungry anymore.

The biggest mistake I make and hardest thing I struggle with is not eating unless I am hungry.

Hang in there! A fresh start starts now.

BTW I also think it helps to have a ticker to update. Everyday I lose....even if it is just .2 lbs I come on here and update to see the loss. It is positive reinforcement. When I loose...Like today...I think this is the least I have weighed in 9 years! WOW! It helps me to work. I also weigh daily on my wii fit and it graphs my progress. Daily weighing isn't for everyone...but it is great for me.

Come back on the web site everyday. Read some blogs....write some blogs. As I have slowed down this month I have found myself visiting the site less and weighing in less. The last few days have been good and look at me. I'm here visiting more often again!

Edited by julie.ann

Hi all,

I am not doing well, but I am not blaming anyone but myself. I am not working with my band. I am back to eating the wrong things again. I got a fill last week and I do have alot more restriction but I have to change my thinking. How have you guys gotten this far? What are you doing to continue to lose weight? I am needing advice.

Thanks,

Cheryl:confused:

Dear Cheryl:

Everyone is different. I've been kicking myself because I think my weight loss is so slow - and it is compared to some. But I'm still 32 pounds lighter than I was 6 months ago and that's a big deal. I can see onederland!! That's exciting. Now I know what you are thinking - and Julie's right. You must start tracking what you eat. I just have a calorie book and I look up my food and write it down. I also know that I lose slowly -- and another thing, I lose several pounds and then I go back up a pound or 2 and then lose it again slowly -- this happens even if my eating is clean. We have to trust the process - if you do the work, it will happen.

My doctor really gave me a boost last month when I saw him. He didn't give me a fill (although I though I should have one) because he said I was losing. I'd lost 6 pounds in 6 weeks. They always say 1-2 pounds per week and I always think it's going to be 2, but it never is - it's usually only 1 pound per week for me. And some weeks my weight stays the same, then for an inexplicable reason, I drop 3 pounds. Look at the big picture. I don't know how much you've lost. Maybe you're just slowing down as you get closer to goal. I didn't have as much to lose in the first place.

Step up the exercise - do something different. I'm joining a boot camp work out. I keep saying this because I can't believe I'm doing it!

Julie's right about checking in too. Visit the before/after pictures. That will inspire you.

Keep on keeping on. You can do it.

Hello everyone

Its nice to here how everyone is doing.

I have 18 pounds left to go and im depressed because i havent already lost the last little bit, how stupid is that! I have stopped eating over the last week because i have just completley gone off of food (lol i cant believe that this has happened as pre band this would have been impossible) my restriction is perfect but i just forget about eating and then i feel really ill. Its another vicious cycle but with not enough food rather than too much.

i

lbt just sent my msg half through typing!

I know that this is stopping my weight loss as i am now in starvation mode, i cant go to the gym as i have no energy.... I think i might get a timer to remind me to eat.

Any suggestions would be really welcome!

Carrie

lbt just sent my msg half through typing!

I know that this is stopping my weight loss as i am now in starvation mode, i cant go to the gym as i have no energy.... I think i might get a timer to remind me to eat.

Any suggestions would be really welcome!

Carrie

At the very least keep a protien shake nearby. Get your solid protien when you do eat. Make the calories count!

Edited by julie.ann

Thanks for the pep talk. I went today and got a fill. I am now at 8 with a 14 cc band. I am hoping this will be the restriction I need. I am really going to work at it. I will keep posting.

Cheryl

Just popping in to say 100 lbs gone FOREVER!!!!

I decided to do a fat girl happy dance when I lost 100 lbs, but it seems I may have to settle for just a happy dance since the fat girl seems to have left the building!

:party:

:lol::thumbup:

Edited by julie.ann

Just popping in to say 100 lbs gone FOREVER!!!!

I decided to do a fat girl happy dance when I lost 100 lbs, but it seems I may have to settle for just a happy dance since the fat girl seems to have left the building!

:party:

:lol::thumbup:

OMG!

Congrats!!!!!!! you are incredible!!!!!!!!!!!