Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, everyone. This is my first posting.

I have the lap band surgery Aug.13th and I' am hungry all the time.

Will this go away after my first fill? Plus I have eaten a few things I shouldn't have and had no problems afterwards. Is this all normal??

i would love to know also i kinda have had eaten some things i shouldn't either. No probs afterwords. I am also VEEERRRRRRRYYYYYYYY hungry :cursing:

I saw my dr on monday and he didn't seem concerned I was hungry.

but I did not tell him I had eaten. Maybe it is because my band is loose. I guess I will get a fill after I go back in 5 weeks.

I can tell you both that until I had my fill...and about 8 days post op...I was hungry....the swelling goes down and then it is like nothing ever happend...I ate food like I was told to do starting about day 5...so...what is it that you ate??? I was not allowed raw veggies, caffine, and basic starches the first 6 weeks...then I got a fill and it helped with the hunger...portion control was still hard at times...after 2nd fill, even better but I still think the restriction is lite and am waiting for my third fill in Sept.....I do not think I get that hungry between meals and I do eat smaller portions but....more than I want too....

Good Luck...

I have eaten mashed potatoes, soft serve ice cream and believe it or not I have a small pork chop tonight with no problems at all.

I' am going to call my dietician monday and meet with her and see if I can go ahead and start on my soft foods.

Well, I do not think you ate anything that will "hurt" you...if it all went down fine....they told us that we were not on starches at first to get us to not "crave" them...you know...concentrate on Protein, fruit and veggies...so......

I think you should call the doc...but also try and limit high caloric foods like mashed potatoes and ice cream...not that we all don't want to eat it but to loose weight....less carbs and less sugar is best....This of course, is from my plan and I am NOT a dr. but....

Bottom line, I doubt you have hurt your band...you are still healing, so take care and remember...the time between banding and a fill is called "bandster hell" because it is not easy!

I am actually still there! Oh, to be restricted....soon I hope!

Good Luck....protein and healthy carbs! Shelley

After I didn't follow my surgeon's orders and couldn't get my band on 8/11 because my liver was too fatty, I've become prissy and tunnel visioned about doing what the doc says. I figure they know; they have done it. If I didn't trust him to tell me how to eat, I surely wouldn't trust him to poke around in my innards. I am hungry too! BUT I've learned my lesson. Maybe you can learn from my mistake, too, and follow what your doc says! good luck...I'm told it gets better, and I believe it. And being hungry now is not as bad as waking up in recovery without a band.

I was banded on July 2 and started getting really hungry about 2-3 weeks post op. This is very normal. I had my first fill 2 days ago and now I have restriction and the hunger has gone away! I eat very little and I am full very fast. It's great! I am so happy with my band. Hang in there ~ I promise you it will get better. It's really hard from surgery to your first fill, but after that, it's a piece of cake! (Ooops maybe I shouldn't use the word cake since you are hungry! :cursing:

Thank you Shelley for the pep talk. That is what I need. I can't wait for my first fill. I' am so tired of being hungry all the time.

Anwa I've heard the first few weeks postop called "Bandster Hell"...you can make it!

yeah same here i have kept what i did eat to the mushies. refried Beans and such. except i did eat very very small pieces of some french fries :cursing: i know i know will power! WILL POWER

Man I have been so hungry ever since day 5 post op...thought it was me but obviously it is not! :cursing: Man I really hate this bandster hell we are all in! Get my first fill Sept. 8th. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!! Much anticipation going on in my head! Yes I have also had a few things I should not have and it all went down fine accept for when my friend was in the hospital and I was there with her for quite a while. I was so hungry that when her turkey sandwhich arrived and she asked if I wanted half of it, I obliged. First bite went down ok...second bite I felt something kinda a lil tight feeling...took another bite ....Oh man I AM STUCK....LOL...was not funny at the time. I started to feel a tight pain n pressure in my chest area it felt like it did not want to go down and yet would not come up then all of a sudden I started to slime! I paniacked and went straight to the washroom n spit the slime out! It was the white bread...ate too big a bites cause I was so hungry n didnt chew well! Now I know!!! Only bread I will eat is wheat and if it is toasted! I have learned my lesson and think about it while I eat now! Good luck to you all, take care, Debbie:lol: