Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pain under ribs on left side

There is a pain that only comes when I breathe because when there is pressure applied there. It feels as if my port is rubbing on my ribs....Is this normal? Is it from swelling? It is worst then yestereday...I told the doctor about the pressure and he said that is becuase i haven't had a bm, but today it feels as if something is rubbing there....anyone else experience this?

I have pain on my left side were the port is I was banded Aug 5th

I still have pain and I am swollen still, not allot. I feel like something isn't right either. But I went to the surgeon Wed and everything was fine. I just don't know what to think about it all. I don't feel hungry and yet I always want something. I really don't eat that much I have to remind myself to eat but yet I feel fat and full I guess...really don't know what feeling full really feels like.

Lisa

Edited by lisafitz

I too have the same pain (banded on the 8th) it really does feel like the port is exactly on top of the rib. I was even concerned for a little while about what it would look like when we lose weight and there is a huge port sticking out of my rib (that's the drama queen in me). If I lay down flat on my back, my left side is dramatically bigger than my right..i hope that's just swollen. I'll ask my doc about it at my follow up on the 23rd, but let me know if you guys hear anything before than. :thumbup:

Good luck to all!!! I'm so excited about the new us!

I feel like there is a basketball under my ribs. I was banded just 2 days ago...on the 13th. I am just as worried that there is something wrong too...but it sounds like it is pretty common. It's a little harder for me to go see my dr., I live in NM and he is in TX. I will see him in a month though...

I was banded on the 7th and the port is still tender and sore, I was told by the nurse that it's the last part to heal since they attach the port to the muscle and it's healing, and whenever you move it puts a little strain on it and it hurts. Thats whey you some get short of breath easy too.

It will go away she told me and not to worry

For me, that pain is when i have gas that is working it's way up ... usually after a good burp, i feel much better .. getting up and moving around helps it come up.

Give it time...it's been like ten days and my port still hurts to.....I am sure it will feel better as each day passes. I put ice on it like three four times a day. That helps allot and you need to move around...that also helps to. If it still is so sore and you feel something is wrong you need to call and talk to someone.

Lisa

I had the same. I felt again like nine months pregnant and baby is sticking a foot between my rips.

A nurse at the clinic told me it's internal bruising.

It will go away.

~Kat

I have the same pain and i was banded on 11th Aug. Under my bottom ribs on the left hand side every time i take a deep breath. Its not my port as that was inserted just below my breasts and dead central so i've no idea what it is. Seems to be getting better but over last few days its spread round to my back as well!

I'm guessing its something to do with being pumped full of gas during the op and them working from that side, its been stretched and strained. When i came round in recovery i had emense pain on the left not really relating to an incision and had to beg for pain relief and now its just when i breath deep or stretch that side at all. Hopefully it'll go away soon!

I have a pain in the area under my left breast and above my ribs... I was really hurting there bad today when I met with my "new" dr. She is also a lap band recipient she said that this is where the band is and when you have (sorry) but hard stools that this is where the area of Constipation begins now that we have been banded. She suggested benefiber the power mix she said that she has the same problem and said this will help the most

There is a pain that only comes when I breathe because when there is pressure applied there. It feels as if my port is rubbing on my ribs....Is this normal? Is it from swelling? It is worst then yestereday...I told the doctor about the pressure and he said that is becuase i haven't had a bm, but today it feels as if something is rubbing there....anyone else experience this?

hi, could be just gas- especially on your left side where your large intestine is. whenever i have gas that is exactly where it hurts. try some gas X that works for me.:thumbup:

So how long does it take for that pain goes away. I feel great other then that. I also want to start working out, but I have to go back to the doc on Wed for my 2nd visit. I was banded Aug 5th. I feel like my stomach is still hugh, actually bigger then before. So Tuesday will be two weeks.

I haven't been back to work since the 4th and I go back this Thursday. I am bored to death. Did some replanting and stuff, but everything I do kills my side, my port. I guess it's going to be awhile.

At least football started back up and some of the oplymics.

I think I am so bored I feel like I always want something to eat. But I am ot hungry. Afraid I am going to stretch my band out....I just have this fear. What is everyone else eating?

Lisa

eating...hmmm....3 Protein Shakes, Water, sf Jello, and i love the sf ff cheesecake pudding...helps to fill me too!!! I also have been doing LF cream soups...I just throw them in the blender so it won't irrate the band. I am on this diet until Sept 3rd. Yucky then mushys can start. Oh and applesauce...Thats about it nothing exciting.