Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Naming your Band?

I come from a family that names absolutely everything. Everyone's cars have names, the houses have names, even certain cups and foods have names. My car is a silver compact that is named 'Bully' after a silver bullet. Our other car is a mid-sized SUV name 'Biggie' because it's bigger than Bully. Men usually name their "man", and women usually name their "girls", so I cannot imagine that this a mystery concept.

My hubby, who I just married a year ago, has adopted this practice quite comfortably. We've been brainstorming for a name for my band. When I tell people that I am getting a band, I always explain it as a tool that "keeps me honest." So far the best name that we've come up with is 'Abe' for "Honest Abe"-President Abraham Lincoln. If we can figure out an acronym for Abe, we'll keep it. Maybe something like Anchors Before Eating but waaaaaayyyyy more clever. Think, think, think....

Are you naming your band?

HAHA are those meds kicking in??

I don't tend to be a namer, cept for my pets, but it could be fun I mean it will be with you forever!! Or until they come up with something better!!

Maybe Kaylee after the character from Firefly because she was the mechanic and always fixing the things that are wrong with Serenity (the ship)... loyal too....hmmm

I'll have to think on it!

HAHA are those meds kicking in??

Yep, but they aren't the "fun" kind :)

she was the mechanic and always fixing the things that are wrong with Serenity

Nice symbolism! That's what I'm going for, but I'd imagine some folks will pick silly too :ohmy: This will be fun!

Hi Lanakila; I love the naming the band thread. This should be fun and telling. This has been a very big step for me one that I have taken for my health, as in I want to live to see daily life, graduations, weddings, grandchildren. The other benefit with going from Hot Intelligent Babe to Slim Hot Intelligent Babe, a real SHIT!:tt2:, is buying stuff where ever, sitting anywhere, flying anywhere including my hubby's 145lb lap! He has never seen me below 220 lbs, other than pictures.

Oh yeah the name. This band and program is working for me and since I am a Princess I think of the as my Knight , Sir Bandalot! Now I am going to go around name more stuff...I am inspired! Looking forward to the responses! Kim

I come from a family that names absolutely everything. Everyone's cars have names, the houses have names, even certain cups and foods have names. My car is a silver compact that is named 'Bully' after a silver bullet. Our other car is a mid-sized SUV name 'Biggie' because it's bigger than Bully. Men usually name their "man", and women usually name their "girls", so I cannot imagine that this a mystery concept.

My hubby, who I just married a year ago, has adopted this practice quite comfortably. We've been brainstorming for a name for my band. When I tell people that I am getting a band, I always explain it as a tool that "keeps me honest." So far the best name that we've come up with is 'Abe' for "Honest Abe"-President Abraham Lincoln. If we can figure out an acronym for Abe, we'll keep it. Maybe something like Anchors Before Eating but waaaaaayyyyy more clever. Think, think, think....

Are you naming your band?

I like the idea...I'll have to think of some.

here are ideas for ABE:

• After Banded Excitement
  • i....Am Better Everyday
  • Always Being Excellent

I guess they're dorky, but will help you to start thinking about it! :tt2:

OMG! That is great! How fun, I had to start chuckling to myself as I was reading. Okay, I will get on the 'band' wagon:lol: and come up with a name!

I have named my purse Gurtrude because she is always with me where ever I go. I guess if I picked a name for my band it will be PITA (pain in the a**). I had a dog that I gave this name to years ago, but it might fit again. Plus when I get done I can just say 'my pita is full'. I love the conversations we come up with on this site. I have four days left to get my PITA.

Edited by mom2twins
spelling

How about calling it ST for Stomach Tourniquet.

Or, LC for my Little Choker.:thumbup: :biggrin2: :thumbup:

almost as soon as i had my surgery date, i started referring to my band-to be as edgar. no idea why (other than, like lanakila, i name everything)

Although I'm leaning towards going with ST b/c I just think it's funny, here are a few more serious ideas...

1. JJ

2. Earle

3. Josephine (a little more feminine)

:thumbup:

O.K. you mentioned the Lap-Band is going to be a "tool." It's also your aid in weight loss....your band-aid.:thumbup:

JJ comes from Johnson-Johnson, the biggest manufacturer of band-aids.

Earle comes from Earle Dickson the inventor of the band-aid.

Josephine was Earle's wife, the person for which the band-aid was invented.

I hope this helps.

Band-Aid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With JJ, Earle, and Josephine you are just to resourceful for me. I'm not sure if I'll stick with the Pita thing or not but will probably come up with something. Hey I call my twin girls Bubba and Jethro since w ehave moved to Texas, so I'm sure that I can find something good. Maybe Bertha, because only guys go and call Ralph, and since I don't plan on ever throwing up again in my life it might be the only time I will call Bertha again.

This is a cute idea. I'm going to post it on another forum.

I like Beyonce for my band name. I'll just call her "b" for short.

How about " Bounty" because it's a quicker, filler, upper?

:thumbup: THAT is a good giggle for a Monday morning...thanks!

I have to admit legdxdlr that "Bounty" is a great name. Perfect. And down right FUNNY.:thumbup::lol::thumbup::wub: