Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 2 months post op- I was banded on June 10th, and I am down 24 lbs...woohoo...

I received my second fill today, I don't know how much, nor do I know my band size. I can not stop throwing up, I have thrown up 14 times since 10:00 this morning. I am also having a bout of diarreah.... My head is pounding and I feel like I have an orange lodged in my throat:cursing:....I don't know where the substance I am puking is coming from, but it definitely seems like slimming, only it burns my esopogus...

Am I going to survive...should I give my body time to adjust?

Thanks, love the forum and all the help I have gotten!!

I hate that you are going through this. Could you have a virus? If not, it sounds like you need an unfill. I've been overfilled twice and it's painful. I've been told that when you get filled around your time of the month, you become more swollen which can cause like symptoms. Get better soon and call your doctor.

It sounds like you are way too tight. Especially since this came about right after a fill.

You will dehydrate quickly, especially in the heat, so you need to get back in and get some fill removed.

Even if you weren't too tight, throwing up as much as you have will have irritated your stomach and it will have swollen shut.

Call your team and get their expert opinion, but it sounds like a way too tight problem to me.

Call your dr. tomorrow morning. You need to have some taken out.

I would call doc asap! Did they have you drink a bottle of Water when you were filled? My doc makes us drink water before we leave to make sure it isn't too tight.

I did drink water....and threw it up at the office...I have been sick ever since. I feel like my flap is lodged open and my stomach Fluid is leaking into my throat.....

You threw up at the office and they still let you go home? Oh no...I think you need to call them in the morning. You are not supposed to be throwing up. Be careful.

Yes, PLEASE call your surgeon! NO way should they have let you leave with your fill if you threw up at the office!

My surgeon is wonderful, his office nurse sucks!!! When I called her earlier she told me to give it some time to adjust!! She makes me feel like I am a pain in the butt!!! I just chewed a pepto...hope it helps!

I hate to say it, but I've had problems with some of my surgeons staff. I know how frustrating it is. I have literally walked out before to avoid a melt down. Luckily I have direct access to the surgeon and PA because I work on the surgical floor.

Putting that aside, you really really really need to see your doctor ASAP. Throwing up that many times is terrible for your band. Vomiting can cause a slip, not to mention you can be come dehydrated quickly. If you get worse throughout the night call your hospital and have your doctor paged or just go to the ER. Otherwise call you doctors office as soon as it opens and tell them you are seriously ill and you will be coming in to the office shortly. Don't take no for an answer!

If you can't keep Water down, there isn't time to "wait for it to adjust." She doesn't know what she is talking about. March right back in and DEMAND an unfill!

I agree with everyone, call NOW!!! had a fill today and I am drinking tons...I have never heard of letting someone leave when they are sick in te office! Let us know how it goes and get help please! I am so sorry you are going through this!

Shelley

Did you get this taken care of? I am so worried for you. I really hope you get this taken care of. Please don't let it take time to adjust.

I'm so upset that they let you leave filled that tight when you were throwing up there. That's uncalled for!!

Please let us know how you are doing.

Hi, thanks so much for your help and concern.

I was not able to see my doctor today as the message on the machine advised that they are closed on Fridays....how convenient!!

I am feeling a little better, last night was rough but I made it through work and I have kept down a 12 ounce Protein shake...it took me 8 hours to drink it, but I did it.

I am going straight to my doctor Monday morning, and if I vomit any more, I am going to take the ER advice!!! I don't really care if he has plans this weekend. I was miserable all night....

Hi all, i am so so scared what i am reading here , i am getting babded in mexico on the 19 and i was reasarching the internet i came over this site Failed LapBands 2 it freaks me out please help me understand is that true people can't wait to remove the band because its so so horible they say. help me please i am scared.