Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

watching what I Eating less and Exercising...but still NOT able to lose much weight!

:eek: Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong...I'm so frustrated right now. To start off...I'm Asian and do not always eat the typical foods and there is no way for me to track my calories consumption online (dailyplate.com). I have been eating alot less, choosing better food choices and execersing but still not able to loose 1lbs a week. Here's my typical daily consumption:

Breakfast- 11oz protien shake

Lunch- 2 eggs over easy OR small cup of chilie w/ Beans

Dinner- 1 cup of stirfry vegetables with .5 cup of meat (grilled, stirfried, baked)

Snack- watermelon (2cup through out the day), non-fat yougart (2oz), or other fresh fruit

I stay active daily chasing 3 kids, taking them to parks, mall, doing housework etc. Also, I try to be in the gym at least twice a week doing cardio, weights, etc for an hour. Yes, I do splurge maybe 2X a week w/ a cone from Dairy Queen.:w00t:

But every Friday morning, I would get on the scale and it would SLOWING

move (1lbs a wk or it would stay the same).

I was banded on June 6, 2008 and so far lost only 15lbs (5# of that was only lost because I had the flu:lol:). Had my 1st fill 2wks ago (6cc in 14cc band) and since lost restriction. I have not gained back any pounds only because I'm working so hard to shed them but I'm feeling very frustrated at the moment. I can't keep a daily calorie count but I have been reducing my portions and making better choices and still NOT able to lose much. My goal is to lose 2# a week. Anybody with any insight...Please help:confused2:

Thank You.

Don't get discouraged! My doctor said I should hope to loose 6 - 10 pounds a month. When your eating making sure you eat very slow, this allows your mind and stomach to relaize that it is not hungry. The hardest thing for me was to learn that i didn't have to feel full, just not hungry...there is a big difference. Once you get an adjustment you will also drop weight quicker...Set small goals for yourself. I started at 282 I was looking so forward to less than 2 1/2 (250). Once I hit that I started thinking how exciting the 10 pound increments were. It will come off, don't get discouraged!

Hi there...I can relate to your frustration. I was at the same point not too long ago. Please go look at my post "Not losing weight" on the June 2008 forum.

Basically, I was told to up my calories and now I'm losing. I was getting somewhere between 800-1000 calories a day. I upped them one day to 1600 and then went back down to around 1200. Now I'm losing the weight again. I do realize that you have trouble counting calories via the online program. We eat a lot of Indian food. Sometimes I try to find just the single ingredients and add them up that way.

Hope this helps some :w00t:

Carrie

Ugh I am having this problem but I have only been having it for 1 week now so I am not trying to get stressed yet. I am 3 weeks out and the first 2 weeks I lost 10 pounds this last week I have lost nothing. I have started to exercise and since I started to exercise I have not lost so I am hoping its because I am gaining muscle. Maybe I should up my calorie intake since its only between 400 and 600. hmm dont know we will see. But dont get discourged just try different things :w00t:

:w00t: I have been eating alot less, choosing better food choices and execersing but still not able to loose 1lbs a week. Here's my typical daily consumption:

Dinner- 1 cup of stirfry vegetables with .5 cup of meat (grilled, stirfried, baked)

Snack- watermelon (2cup through out the day), non-fat yougart (2oz), or other fresh fruit

Anybody with any insight...Please help:confused2:

Thank You.

You are describing my worst fear. I would be so upset. I'm so sorry, that must be horrible.

There must be something physically wrong... The diet you describe above seems quite modest. I would go to the doctor...even though it could just be a temporary plateau.

Not knowing your caloric intake could also be the problem.

For example, last month I stopped losing weight all of a sudden. After three weeks I had lost nothing.

Then I tried one thing to solve the problem...I stopped getting my morning and afternoon mochas from the coffeeshop that is conveniently located next door to my work.

I lost a pound the next day.

...and I continue to lose now that I get Iced Coffees with Low fat milk and sugar instead.

It turns out those Mochas have like 800 calories! I knew they werent low fat...but I'd never have guessed 800 calories each.

:) Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong...I'm so frustrated right now. To start off...I'm Asian and do not always eat the typical foods and there is no way for me to track my calories consumption online (dailyplate.com). I have been eating alot less, choosing better food choices and execersing but still not able to loose 1lbs a week. Here's my typical daily consumption:

I stay active daily chasing 3 kids, taking them to parks, mall, doing housework etc. Also, I try to be in the gym at least twice a week doing cardio, weights, etc for an hour. Yes, I do splurge maybe 2X a week w/ a cone from Dairy Queen.:thumbup:

I was banded on June 6, 2008 and so far lost only 15lbs (5# of that was only lost because I had the flu:lol:). Had my 1st fill 2wks ago (6cc in 14cc band) and since lost restriction. I have not gained back any pounds only because I'm working so hard to shed them but I'm feeling very frustrated at the moment. I can't keep a daily calorie count but I have been reducing my portions and making better choices and still NOT able to lose much. My goal is to lose 2# a week. Anybody with any insight...Please help:confused2:

Thank You.

Why can't you put those foods in Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate They list eggs, chili, Protein products, etc. You really need to start tracking your food and seeing exactly how many calories you are getting.

Stop the Dairy Queen, you don't need it.

Track your exercise on thedailyplate as well.

Get another fill, don't wait.

Cut down on fruit and add veggies for Snacks. Fruit is loaded with sugar and carbs.

Is your Protein Shake for body builders or is it low sugar/low carb? It should be around 25gms Protein, not more than 200 calories MAX (less is better), and no more than 4 carbs. Find products you can mix with Water vs. skim milk such as Matrix 5.0 or whey gourmet.

:) Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong...I'm so frustrated right now. To start off...I'm Asian and do not always eat the typical foods and there is no way for me to track my calories consumption online (dailyplate.com). I have been eating alot less, choosing better food choices and execersing but still not able to loose 1lbs a week. Here's my typical daily consumption:

I stay active daily chasing 3 kids, taking them to parks, mall, doing housework etc. Also, I try to be in the gym at least twice a week doing cardio, weights, etc for an hour. Yes, I do splurge maybe 2X a week w/ a cone from Dairy Queen.:thumbup:

Thank You.

1lb a week is a normal loss. Make sure you are not actually eating more caloreis than you think (for example in the watermelon which is high in sugar) or the stir fry. Also are you exercising? That is the only way to sustain larger weekly losses. Don't worry so much about how much you lose each week only that the scale goes down (not up). You may be suprised and lose a lot in one week like I tend to do. like 3 weeks of one lbs losses followed by a 5lb loss the next week. good luck and dont stress so much!

I just want to add that there are 300-600 carlories is something small from DQ.

The oil and sugar in stir fried food can really add up. You can better control your calories if you set your mind to it.

Or you can continue to eat the way you are eating and take a pound a week loss. That's a reasonable loss and you will get to goal.

But sounds like you want more than that. So reduce the calories, I'm guessing you are closer to 2000 daily, and move more. Twice a week a the gym isn't very much.