Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just submitted bcbsil!

So Day One Health Chicago just submitted my paperwork to bcbsil. I am such an impatient person I want an answer now! How long did it take for your insurance companies to approve or deny your claim? Pray for me please!

I have BCBS of Tx and it took them 4 business days to approve after it was faxed in .. i called them on day 4 and they said they had just approved it that day .. but it took another 2 wks to receive the letter ... but by then i had everything scheduled and had started my pre-op diet. good luck!

I have bcbs michigan had to be mailed in,its 17 days and im still waiting to hear she told me they mail it in.take usually 30 day gping nuts waiting

thanks! wow what a range. The ins. coordinator told me the soonest is usually 3 weeks, but what the hell I'll bother them in 4 days just to check on it. She faxed it in too.

My surgeon's office said usually 2 weeks, at the latest... BCBS IL right?? Did you do everything to a T? You did the 6 month diet? ...what was the dates of your diet? Very curious to hear your response from ins too, since i have bcbsil and am getting ready to submit mine..... Hope you hear something very very soon...

Amy

My paperwork was submitted on Friday to bc/bs il and it only took them until Tuesday to Deny me. I called myself. I just resubmitted more paperwork today! Good luck Tamara

I have BCBS of Alabama. My doctor's office submitted my paperwork electronically in the AM and I knew about 4:00 pm the same day.

I didn't get my letter in the mail until 2 weeks later but I had scheduled my date for surgery by then. I was band Oct 30, 2007.

I have bcbsil ppo. My 6 month diet dates were feb-july of this year. I am so anal I went to the surgeons office and went over the paperwork page by page with her so yes everything was to a t. I'll keep this thread updated so you can hear results. Best of luck.

That is the same insurance I have. Yeah, I will check back and see if you update. I wish you TONS of luck in a quick approval. There has been a little debate on the 6 months, so that is why I ask that. For instance: BCBSIL is saying Feb 1 to March 1 is technically only 30 days, or one month on plan, whereas, some people are taking Feb 1 as month 1, March 1, as month 2, and so on. I am SOOO hoping it is 6 visits, which is how my surgeons office described it. Only time will tell. Again, good luck and hope you have a really quick APPROVAL!

Amy

Mine was submitted on a friday and I was approved on monday evening.. you have to call the ins if you want to know quick.. they didnt call me and I got the letter like 2 weeks later. I have bcbs of MN I called on tues and then I called my dr let them know and then they got it from the ins. if not I would have been waiting alot longer :biggrin: Stay on topp of it.

Good luck!! I have highmark BCBS they received paperwork on 7/7/08. On 7/23/08 they contacted my surgeon for one of the MDs name I went to for the supervised WL and additional mo of supervised WL. They received the info back on 7/25/08, still have not heard anything, my surgeons office told me they would call tomorrow if they didn't hear anything today.

I went back to one of the Supervised WL docs today so that if they deny it I will have another mo. For whatever reason they prefer it appears this one over the others because they prescribel Phentermine.

Good luck everyone!!

The insurance coordinator just emailed me to let me know I'm approved! I am so damn happy right now I can't tell you. After being on edge for a few days this is such a relief. So I didn't technically have 6 months of dr. supervised weight loss, I had 6 visists once a month for 6 months(first visit was feb 28th last was july 28th) But I did have 6 months of dieticians notes and all the other stuff was well documented. Man I am glad I saw a dr once a year for the last 5 years! What an arduous procees I'm glad the waiting is over!

YAYYYY!!!! Congratulations!!! That is a big sigh of relief, I am sure! Glad to hear that worked, b/c I am right there with ya! Insurance got my stuff on Wednesday, so I am anxious to hear!! Thanks for updating. Do you have a surgery date?? YOU are going to have GOOD weekend!!!

Amy

The insurance coordinator just emailed me to let me know I'm approved! I am so damn happy right now I can't tell you. After being on edge for a few days this is such a relief. So I didn't technically have 6 months of dr. supervised weight loss, I had 6 visists once a month for 6 months(first visit was feb 28th last was july 28th) But I did have 6 months of dieticians notes and all the other stuff was well documented. Man I am glad I saw a dr once a year for the last 5 years! What an arduous procees I'm glad the waiting is over!

Hi, my doctor wants me to stay on the 6 mo diet one more month because I actually gained weight (8 lbs) and although we discussed weight loss, she did not put in her notes (in my file) that we discussed WLS in March but did in April. Will this matter? I had my 1st consultation about weight loss with her in March. I have gone each month. I am like you in that I have had 6 documented of monthly weigh ins (03/07, 04/09, 05/07, 06/09, 07/09, 08/08). If we add one more month and show the start date of 04/09 and then weigh again 09/08 will I have to wait till Oct for it to be considered a 6 month supervised diet? I just don't want to have to go through an appeal process because of 1 extra weigh in. I have BCBS and they didn't require a 5 yr history.