Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old Goat ? Hoping to find other Old Goats to take this L.B. Journey with Me.

Looking for Old Goat Buddies just Banded or in the Process. To share are current struggle with the bulge and hopefully make it work for all of us this time.

My definition of an Old Goat is a Male of Retirement age or Older just like ME in pursuit of a heather Body that’s able to wear much smaller clothes.

Now about me - 70 years old, 6 foot tall since 16 till I got checked for my BMI they tell me I am only 5’ 11-3/4” BMI 42.2 WGT 309 Top WGT 333 Charts say should be under 170 Wow 190 would sure be nice.

Live in Kansas City and working with The Bariatric Center of Kansas City and

DR Hoehn

For me the thought of possible eliminating My Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, sleep Apnea, and Reflux. Or at least reducing the Medication would in itself make the Lap Band worth it and Weight Loss well nothing is required to be said for us.

As for the Ladies think you are great have three Daughters and a loving Wife for 44 years would just like to try to make this trip with Old Goats First. But if I have to work with Women younger than my Daughters to get err done than that’s what I will do.

I will also post this in the Men’s Room if you would like to Buddy with me.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of supportive people here who are on the same journey as you. I understand wanting to look for someone similar in age, but don't limit yourself to only "Old Goats". I will be banded soon and I have learned a lot from reading the threads posted here from both men and women of all ages.

Anyway, welcome again. Where are you in your journey? Are you banded or are you in the beginning stages?

Is 51 old enough to be an "Old Goat"? Some days I feel like on that's for sure! Good you are taking control of things, your wife and daughters need to have you around for many more years.

Seems like a lot of the charts show weights that are low. I'm sure you'd be happy with 190. Guess just see how you feel when you get there. I'm 5'8" and looking to get in the 150 -160 range.

Thanks for the input dwrd73 I have no intension of limiting myself to old goat men only. Where am I today have been told the Psychological Evaluation DR. will call soon to make the appt. and when they do call to make an appt with the Dietitian also to go to a Weight Loss Support Meeting. I will go to the next meeting.

davidb 51 works for Me having been banded for what 9 Months now sure you have a lot of input

Thanks to both of you

Hi Bigrick, Sure would send you a sign up sheet if I could but then some one needs to pay for my retirement might as well be a LB Buddy.

Dropped in on your Nervous Sight Congratulation on getting err done.

Sorry to here about the we hope short term problems I don't do pain well. You talked Of High Blood Sugar hope it settles soon. Blood Sugar or my Diabetes sure hope the LB will bring down or eliminate mine not sure at all how the LB will bring it down?

Well I got a little bummed out today called to make my appt with the dietitian and was told the next appt time was 6 weeks out crap.

Yeah, Old Goat, they sure don't make it easy for you to get the band, do they? Hang in there!

I hope some other Old Goats come out to join you here, but if not, you can always chat with us Middle-aged Goats, and even some uh Kids...

Hang in there OG, if you read my thread then you know sometimes it can take quite a while to get done. Everyone on here shows so much support though that you do eventually make it!

Old Goat, Hang in there its worth the problems that are put in the way. I'm 67 and retired and have a beautiful wife and two daughters with their own families. Also have two grandsons and one grandaughter to keep me going. I am 6'1" and my heaviest was 300 Lb, with hight BP, a stent in RCA bad knees, and on 5 meds. I had my surgery on 12/31/07 at Nix Hospital in San Antonio, Tx. I am now at 213 and doctor has taken me off of 2 meds and reduced one to once a day. I now can walk my 4 miles with no pain in my back or knees and still get the honey do's done for the wife. As far as and old goat status, as the wight comes off the younger you act.

OG - also keep calling to see if there are any cancellations. You may be able to get into see the nutritionist sooner. Good luck and hang in there.

Genea good to hear for you. Man what a way to spend new years eve recovering from surgery and what a great way to start off the new year. Must be great to be over 1/2 way to goal. sure hope I can also drop some of the Med thats great news with hope. Has it taken long to get up to 4 miles? I am on grandkid patrol this week 8 & 10 today took them to the Fed Res Bank to see where Money is made and Hallmark Cards so they could make some of their own cards.

Looks like we must have been some what at the same point when we stared down this road. Yes young is good am working on removing the old goat status myself.

Just took my time on the walking. As it comes off the knees and back will let stop hurting and the stride will stretch out. Then you can add more and more to the distance. When I first started it was good to get through a mile at a good pace. The one thing that helped me the most was a suggestion from my youngest. Go buy you a real good pair of running shoes. She took me to New Balance and they fitted me with a pair of 768's with arched insteps. This really helped the legs and knees. The worst part of my surgery was the "Hard Rock" was at street level directly under my room. I was on the 19th floor but the aroma from the burgers came into my room and drove me crazy all night. All I could have was liquids and Jello.< /p>