Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ahhh.. Not sure what to do..Help :)

Hey okay.. I am confused and need help/advice...

1.) Okay so I have decided to go with the surgey... (yeah!!) but I am going to be in a wedding in September and its going to be in GreenBay, WI. I live in Las Vegas, NV. The wedding is Sept 20th, 2008.. so I am going to from Vegas to GreenBay for three days then I will be in Chicago, IL for a week. I will be in Chicago from Sept 21st returing to Vegas on the 25th. My orginal plan was to have the surgery on Sept 26th (my bday). I was going to make this vacation/wedding my last celebration before my surgery...

2.) So then I started to think about the surgery and get excited... At the same time I received a call from the doctors/surgens office telling me I can have the surgery on August 8th... I was like really... I then made the choice to move the surgery date to Aug 8th instead of Sept 26th....

3.) But now I am having second thoughts.. as the same for my family... I am scared that if I have the surgery on August 8th... I may not be fully recovered from the surgery.. and I so do not want to be in an unfamilar city/state w the possiblity of having issues... etc..

4.) So now after thinking about everything... weighing all the pros and con's... I am going to have the surgery in Sept... Which means I have to bust my behind in the gym... and say goodbye to carbs for the next month in half... Ahh....

I welcome any thoughts.. advice.. LOL.... ahhhh

Just from my own experience,, I travelled 4 weeks post-op and was perfectly fine ! I was actually eating normally (I hadn't had my first fill yet) and felt like I did pre-surgery.

It is possible you could have a complication, so take your time with your decision.

GOOD LUCK!!!

278/229/180

Does Dr. Teng have you on any diet prior to surgery? Only thing i can think of is if you go out of town prior to surgery it might be hard to do that?

Actually it's good to have it in August because by the time your traveling in September you'll be healed up and on regular food. If it's not hard for you to get time off of work for both, do it!

Hey,

So from personal experince I also was given the option of having my surgery bumped up and I totally took it. It was hard at first, like I will have to change time off with work, I will miss out on my friends wedding I might not be able to do a few of the things I wanted to before. But doing it early was the best thing for me. I was so set on this surgery that I knew I had to do it as soon as possible. And really like most I am sure you will have a quick recovery. And the thing is it can come times feel like there will always be an excuse to push things back or wait a little longer. I say go for it, if anything it will just put you that much further ahead!! Good luck:thumbup:

If you have the surgery Aug 8th it will be 6 weeks before the wedding. I see no reason for you not to have it done. I am 8 weeks post op and feeling absolutely fantastic!! Recovery should be over by then. You will still be healing inside but you should be able to have a blast at the wedding too!! If it was me I would go for it!! Good Luck and God Bless!!

Fran

xo

Thanks everyone!! I am actually thinking about going with my second plan.. having it in August.... I haven't meet up with the doctor yet, I go in on Wed for all my tests... this morning I had my meeting with the nutritionist... I am so just ready to get on with this... I am a lil scared though... LOL... I will be honest... not drinking beer is scary.. lol but i know its going to be so worth it.

Girl im with you and no beer... its sucks!!!!!!!!!!! But you can still drink... so we will have to work on finding another drink... cuz im sad about no more beer too!!

Lisa....go with the early surgery, really!!!!! you will be just fine. I fly for a living, and i was on a plane trveling 5 days after my surgery! My port incision ws just a teeny bit tender, but i did just great...There is nothing to be scared of as far as complications...there aren't many people that have them. it is up to you, but i vote, to go for it!!!!!

hugs/j

Hey okay.. I am confused and need help/advice...

1.) Okay so I have decided to go with the surgey... (yeah!!) but I am going to be in a wedding in September and its going to be in GreenBay, WI. I live in Las Vegas, NV. The wedding is Sept 20th, 2008.. so I am going to from Vegas to GreenBay for three days then I will be in Chicago, IL for a week. I will be in Chicago from Sept 21st returing to Vegas on the 25th. My orginal plan was to have the surgery on Sept 26th (my bday). I was going to make this vacation/wedding my last celebration before my surgery...

2.) So then I started to think about the surgery and get excited... At the same time I received a call from the doctors/surgens office telling me I can have the surgery on August 8th... I was like really... I then made the choice to move the surgery date to Aug 8th instead of Sept 26th....

3.) But now I am having second thoughts.. as the same for my family... I am scared that if I have the surgery on August 8th... I may not be fully recovered from the surgery.. and I so do not want to be in an unfamilar city/state w the possiblity of having issues... etc..

4.) So now after thinking about everything... weighing all the pros and con's... I am going to have the surgery in Sept... Which means I have to bust my behind in the gym... and say goodbye to carbs for the next month in half... Ahh....

I welcome any thoughts.. advice.. LOL.... ahhhh

You should be fine to travel 4 weeks out - I was back to work day 6.

You shouldn't have any issues - you won't even have your 1st fill yet and barely getting to regular food (depending on your doctor)...

Why put it off - but that's just mho...