Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those who have been banded, what are you eating?

I was banded Tuesday, the 8th, and will be on Clear Liquids for two weeks. I have an appointment to see the doc on Friday, and hope he will switch me to full liquids. I am not really hungry yet, but I am thinking by then, I just may be.

So far doing good with the broths, Jello, carnation, Isopure Protein Drinks, crystal light, Water, sf popsicles, you name it.......if it is clear, I am ingesting it at some point within these two weeks.

Good luck..

I was banded on the 9th. I'm on liquids until I see my doctor on the 24th. I've been doing a ton of Water, which has never been difficult for me. I've been straining some cream Soups, vegetable broth. I've been doing the sugar-free pudding, sugar-free pops. Carnation instant Breakfast drink is on the top of the list as well. Sometimes I will just have a glass of skim milk. I'm not so much hungry as I am just really looking forward to something more substantial, like tuna.< /p>

I was banded on the 8th. I am on Protein Shakes, broth, sugar free Jello, popsicles, and pudding, and Decaf coffee and tea for another 2 weeks. Man, I can't wait for the mushy stage where I can at least pretend to chew something!

I was banded on 7/10 (Thank you Jesus!!). Considering that my band is still wide open I continue to battle portion controlitis. However, I know that will come to an abrupt end after my first fill so I'd better stop cheating.

Anyway, In addition to having the normal stuff i.e. s/f Jello, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup and flavored waters, I've been creating some pretty good concoctions in my blender and food processor. I made a great caulliflower (steam to soften) a can of cream of celery Soup with 3/4 c skim milk, a pat of butter, salt and pepper - liquified in the food processer and then heat to taste. Very tasty and filling. For breakfast, I blend cottage cheese and peaches (any fruit will do) w/ a dash of cinnamon for a change of pace. I hppe this helps.

My diet was clear liquids for day one and two, full liquids days three and four, and then mushies until week four. It doesn't seem like too many people have started mushies this soon, but I haven't had any problem. I only eat 1/2 cut at a time. My doctor said to get 75-100 grams of Protein a day, and that is really hard to do. Sometimes I just have to drink Protein Shakes to make that amount. I was banded on July 8, and I have only lost 12 lbs which includes the two weeks preop. diet. Is anyone else on mushies yet?

I am 4 days in and have been mainly having Soups and jellies but also I have found a little custard to be nice and also vegetable juice first thing of a morning. I have got a cool new blender so am looking forward to whipping up some cool fruit smoothies in the next few days.

I had my first hunger pain the night after surgery. Now I am trying to learn if I am hungry or have gas?! Which seems so funny and down right stupid to me.

My main 'food' has been this pacific island creamy Soup collection I got at Walmart:

Pacific Natural Foods | Creamy Soups :unsure:

I am DIGGING the sweet corn and cashew ginger carrot. I also am drinking grape Crystal light, trying a Popsicle now and again and and having 4 oz of choco. Protein shake and teeny bit of espresso in it w/ sf flavored Syrup in the morning.

I am sending my DH to the store to find other items for me or I will get board really fast.

Hi all! This is what my diet consists of and I am starving!

Week one - sugar free clear liquids:

Water, broth, Jello, apple or cranberry juice diluted, crystal lite, sugar free ice pops, Protein drinks

I have been using unjury strawberry and unflavored powder. I caved today and had 1/4 cup strained cream of mushroom Soup with skim milk and I feel guilty. I can move to week 2 on wednesday.

Week two - sugar free full liquids:

add the following

skim milk, sugar free carnation instant breakfast, blended low fat Soups and broths, fat free, low sugar yogurt, sugar free pudding.

Week three - four:

add the following

soft chopped egg, oatmeal and farina, unsweetened applesauce, fish, chopped meats (ground turkey or chicken), canned fruits (in natural juices) chopped well cooked veges.

It is amazing how everyones diet is so different.

Lisa

I was banded on the 14th. My dietitian at pre op said my dr allowed a test meal on day 8 if I was STARVING. I ask you, who ISN'T starving after 7 days of liquids?????!!!! This test meal is a scrambled egg. She said if i could keep it down I could move on to phase II. So.... on day 8 I ate and kept down my egg so I am now eating soft scrambled eggs, tuna salad and sf pudding. Prior to this I ate clear liquids and then creamy Soups. Each dr. has their own preference. I am doing fine and very full eating 2 oz of tuna salad for about 3-4 hours.

I was banded on the 8th and had my follow-up on the 24th and my doctor has moved me to regular food. 3 meals/day, no snacking. So I've had deli lite turkey and shredded wheat so far and still drinking my sf carnation instant breakfast

Edited by blaze21

I am 17 days post op and here's what I pretty much eat every day:

Wake Up: Cold coffee drink with lite soy milk and 1/2 scoop of unflavored Protein powder

Breakfast: Low fat greek yogurt (Fage) with honey (130 cal / 10g protein)

Snack at Work: Myoplex Lite Protein Drink

Lunch: 1 tablespoon each / 4 tablespoons total of stuff off the salad bar. Usually, tuna, peas, cottage cheese, garbanzos.

Snack: Another Protein Drink

Dinner: Whatever I cook for the boys but just 4 tablespoons of it. Monday night I had one strand of whole wheat fettuccine with Tomato vodka sauce, roasted veggies, and a tiny piece of blackened trout. Last night I had a work event and I had two shrimp, steamed cauliflower and carrots, and one tiny potato wedge.

Dessert: sugar free ice pops--usually two of them because they are so frosty delicious!!

OMG...I'm only 8 days post op and the only thing that keeps me from thinking about going out and getting a burger are dannon Frusion yogurt smoothies.

The hungry is bad when it starts. It's a feeling I try to avoid at all costs. Maybe it was just the timing today, but I mean what other options are there when one is in a time crunch?

Since my band I have been eating, chicken & Beef broth, WonderSlim shakes, Isopur liquid and Power protien, and Dannon Frusion smoothies.

Initially I was draining the little fruit off the smoothies but today I was like screw it. I'm hungry! And the yoguart is the only thing that's keeping me full for over 1 hour.

I mean, it really sucks to make a person who clearly had food issues be forced to think about eating every hour. Arrrrgggg...