Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 21st Mexico bound! Anyone else?

Hi all. I am headed for T.J. Mexico for surgury on July 21st with Dr. Ortiz. I would love to be part of the July '08 Bandsters. A little nervous but so far am impressed with the Doctor and clinic. Anyone else on this adventure as well?

Hi! I am being banded on 7/7 by Dr. Ortiz. If you would like I will email next week and let you know how it went and what you can expect.

Please let me know. Good Luck to you and I am truly hoping that everything goes well for you!

I was banded on Monday and am doing well. Dr. Ortiz and his staff were great. The facility is beautiful. I have some gas and am a little tender but overall I fell good. I was up and walking 2 hours after my surgery. It was easier than I expected. I have no appetite so the clear liquid diet has been a piece of cake. I have no regrets so far. Let me know how your surgery goes.

Hello,

I had my surgery with Dr. Ortiz on June 13th, 2008. I had a wonderful experience. The doctors are wonderful and the staff is great. The docs are pretty darn good looking too, I might add! :blink:

The hotel is GREAT! They treat you wonderfully.. I got room service each day and the broth is good. It was hot and there in no time!

I would suggest to anyone to go with Dr Ortiz and his team! They were the best!!

How is your recovery going? What has the experience done for your weight loss?

dittoing what Zoe said, only I was banded on the 16th.

I'll be there on the 29th for my first fill. Sorry to miss you, but you'll be home by then. Much success!

Hello,

I had my surgery with Dr. Ortiz on June 13th, 2008. I had a wonderful experience. The doctors are wonderful and the staff is great. The docs are pretty darn good looking too, I might add! :blink:

The hotel is GREAT! They treat you wonderfully.. I got room service each day and the broth is good. It was hot and there in no time!

I would suggest to anyone to go with Dr Ortiz and his team! They were the best!!

Hi;

I'm getting banded 23rd in p. vallarta. by Dr Joya heard he's good and his staff. He operates out of the Cornerstone American Hospital.

On all liquids now, is Pasta a liquid LOL. Hoping for the best. Any comments appreciated.

Vanman

Hey, I'm being banded by Dr. Ortiz on 7/24! I'll be in for my pre-op blood-work on 7/23. For those of you that went to Dr. Ortiz already; did he check your Gall Bladder before or during surgery (do you know)?? I'm curious because I have a family history of bad gall bladders and my mother passed 6 years ago from Gall Bladder Cancer (at 53), so that part definitely scares me a bit. I'd like to just have it taken out if it's a problem. Thanks, and Good Luck to us all!

Hey, I'm being banded by Dr. Ortiz on 7/24! I'll be in for my pre-op blood-work on 7/23. For those of you that went to Dr. Ortiz already; did he check your Gall Bladder before or during surgery (do you know)?? I'm curious because I have a family history of bad gall bladders and my mother passed 6 years ago from Gall Bladder Cancer (at 53), so that part definitely scares me a bit. I'd like to just have it taken out if it's a problem. Thanks, and Good Luck to us all!

E-mail the center and ask them directly. They're very good at getting back to you quickly. Dr. O always repairs hiatal hernias when he sees them. Not the same thing, but it does point out that he's going the extra mile to help us succeed.

I got banded on 7/7. Dr. Ortiz told my father after the surgery that I had a small hiatal hernia that her repaired. I did not even know I had one. I agree email the clinic. I am sure Dr. Ortiz will work with you.

Hi all. I am headed for T.J. Mexico for surgury on July 21st with Dr. Ortiz. I would love to be part of the July '08 Bandsters. A little nervous but so far am impressed with the Doctor and clinic. Anyone else on this adventure as well?

Hi,

My husband and I will be there on the 23rd. Did they give you any pre-op instructions, such as liquid diet for a week before? Also, we have heard noting about a pre-op evaluation examination, Have you?

It is nice to read all the great reviews here about Dr. Ortiz.< /p>

Maybe we will pass each other in the door, going out and coming in.

Best of luck to you,

Bitten

Hi,

I am wondering why I was not requested to come in a day early for blood work. I am being banded on the 23rd by Dr. Ortiz. When did they tell you about the pre-op check-up?

Bitten

Hi Bitten,

I had called Carolyn at OCC about a month before I scheduled my appointment and I spoke to her for about an hour asking her a million questions (she probably wanted to strangle me, lol!). So I asked her about the pre-op tests and also to explain the whole trip to me from start to end. She said that the 1st day that I fly in will be my pre-op bloodwork as long as I arrive at the SD airport before 12PM. If I were to arrive after 12 then my bloodwork would be on the morning of the surgery, then after it came back OK, I could be taken into surgery. Maybe yours will be on the same day. You should probably just give Carolyn or Lori a quick call (or email) to clarify. As for my pre-op diet, there were 3 different options in the paperwork to choose from. Depending on your BMI you will have to lose the amount required. My BMI was 46, so I have to lose 12 LBS by then. If it is 50 or above you are supposed to lose 20LBS. I am on the diet option of 2 Protein Shakes (Muscle Milk Light) a day, and 1 Lean Cuisine for dinner, then green salad, cukes and celery if you are still hungry, and a metamucil capsule to fill you up (with fiber). Hope this helps. Good Luck!