Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lansing, KS (not too far from Kansas City)

I have had my lapband for a relatively short period of time (4/18/08), but I would love to share my success with other in my area. I have lost 56 pounds so far and have just about 100 to go.

A little about me, I am a 35 woman, married (to a deployed soldier), and work from home.

Even if you don't need a mentor, I would love to meet other in my area with the Lapband. There aren't too many around me that I know of. Looking forward to hearing from someone!

I live in Shawnee - not too far from Lansing. I was banded on June 4th, 2008. I get my first fill on July 9th. Right now, I am fighting my appetite. I was doing real well until I got into about the third week. I am trying to keep it under control with all the Protein and Water. I have lost about 25 pounds. I am impatient.

I have a step son in Iraq in the Army and a cousin as well.

I am a wee bit older than you - 53.

Kerry

I live in Lee's Summit! I was banded on July 4th in Mexico. I am 44, married, have 2 kids, and my sister is getting Lt. Colonel (sp?) this year. I have 60 pounds to lose. I have lost 10 so far. I own my own business. I have been fighting with an eating disorder since my early teens was even skinny for many years and then I found the love of food.

My son is 12 and my daughter is 17. I have known my husband since he was my sister's first love. I ran into him 10 years later with my sister and she kinda set us up. I live in the downtown part of Lee's Summit which is fabulous! How far is Lansing?

I'm looking to start a support group in this area and was wondering how many people would be interested in joining. I didn't really want anything formal, just a get together with people that have had the surgery, going to have it, or are thinking about it.

I don't know of anyone close to where I live that has had it so, I figured that there has to be more people like me that are looking for support. Right now I'm looking into places to have a meeting. If anyone is interested, feel free to send me an email with what days are good for you and we'll see if we can come to a concensus on a date and time. My email address is ALionberge@aol.com.

I think we have about enough for a party! I think we need to keep track of each other.

I had my first fill today - kind of interesting. It feels a bit tight. I am on liquids now for 24 hours. They put in 3cc which I think is quite a bit but an usual amount for the first one. I sure won't be eating much with this fill. Talk about sipping!

Kerry

I also want to have a clothing exchange at the meetings. I have a lot of clothes that I'm sure someone could get some use out of. So, if you have clothes that are too big for you, start cleaning out the closets now!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches