Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

Hmmmm...with all I read about how great the surgery went in Mexico, I am wondering if you picked up any information there on if they also do cosmetic surgery. I am going to have wings and droopy thighs, there's no doubt about it! :(

I just noticed this firm knot at my incision site today. To me it seems like it feels as if the port has flipped on its side and pushing outward, except that my doc says my port is lower by my waistband. So this couldn't be port-related. Right?

I read on another post somewhere that this is scar tissue from the incision--somebody had called the doctor's office and the nurse told her this.

Does anybody have this? I actually lightly pressed by the incision and feel this firm bump. It's really weird.:)

YES! I have that too. When I went to the doctor I told them I thought it had flipped and she put both my hands (fingers from both hands) on it and had me push down and I could totally fill that it was flat. Don't worry it's just scare tissue.:)

I have to remind myself sometimes that the scar isn't just "skin deep". The incision went down through the skin and muscle to the abdominal cavity (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm no student of anatomy lol). So even though all I can see is that scar on my skin, there's healing and closing up going on much deeper. And even 3 weeks out, I still sometimes get reminders of that fact...ouch!:)

Cutie and misty, Thanks! I just noticed it today and it kind of hurts. Is it going to go away? It feels so weird. I hate to lay on my stomach or put on jeans with a tighter waistband. I feel better though, so thanks for sharing.

YES! I have that too. When I went to the doctor I told them I thought it had flipped and she put both my hands (fingers from both hands) on it and had me push down and I could totally fill that it was flat. Don't worry it's just scare tissue.:)

I have it too! but I had mine the day after surgery and he told me it was normal. So I haven't really paid any attention to it. Scar tissue makes sense though.

I love this site...all my questions are asked by others so it makes me feel not alone :)

Cutie and misty, Thanks! I just noticed it today and it kind of hurts. Is it going to go away? It feels so weird. I hate to lay on my stomach or put on jeans with a tighter waistband. I feel better though, so thanks for sharing.

It will get better! You are only a little over a week past your surgery. I slept in my recliner for a whole week after I came home because I was afraid of turning over onto my stomach in my sleep, since I usually sleep that way. And I KNEW that it would hurt. By the end of the second week I could sleep on my stomach, but I had to be really careful with the actual turning over...that was still pretty owie. Now, 3 weeks out, I don't give it a second though. I still get a twinge every once in a while, but nothing terrible. And I wore elastic waist pants almost all the time the first couple of weeks.

It is great to hear how well everyone is doing. I am getting excited. My surgery is on Tuesday. One thing my doctor allows that sounds yummy during the liquid/puree stage is Wendy's chili. The dietician said to blend it very well. I bought a Magic Bullet blender to do this. Maybe that might be a yummy, LF treat if anyone is getting bored with oatmeal. Speaking of oatmeal, baby oatmeal is already finely ground so you don't have to worry about lumps. So refried Beans are OK as long as they are thinned out? I love beans. Has anyone had hummus? I think it might be a good snack.< /p>

I'm scheduled to have surgery Wed. Aug.27th with Dr. Lucktong at Carilion Roanoke Memorial in Roanoke, VA.

I'm scheduled to have surgery Wed. Aug.27th with Dr. Lucktong at Carilion Roanoke Memorial in Roanoke, VA. I'm a little worried about afterwards.

Jg... take your time, it will go quickly. You will be okay, and the discomfort is almost none! Most have been up and about the next day.

Good luck!

Hello All,

I am scheduled to be banded tomorrow (8/26) in San Antonio, TX! I am very excited andnot really nervous yet, I hope I don't get that way.:smile2: I have been researching lap-band for about 3 years now and was planning on going to Mexico if I could ever save the money. The Lord blessed me with a new job that PAYS for lap band, so less than a year later, here I am!!!! Surgery is scheduled for 3:00pm. Congrats to everyone who has already been banded!

Irishrose

Well, Folks, I am now banded.I spent the night in the hospital and agree, one night there for pain control is a good idea. I spent the first 2 days saying to myself, "I just did WHAT to myself?" :smile2:

But have no true regrets.

I was on Clear Liquids for 48 hrs post op and did fine. On Saturday, I tried skim milk in the morning and then some SF pudding in the afternoon---NOT GOOD. I had tight pain and diarrhea. I am very frustrated.....I need to crush my meds (all 12 of them) and take with a little "something", SF pudding was recommended. Now I cannot take the meds with anything----I keep gagging and wretching and I am sure that is not good for the band or my stomach.

I put myself back on clear liquids for a couple of days and might try again later. Anyone else have problems with dairy products?

Congratulations to all the August All Stars! Keep up the good work, keep posting (it is very comforting to read them all) and lose that weight!:lol:

awww Irish ... I hope things get better for you!... Give it some time.