Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Melissa, Glad your feeling better. And Charlene, Glad the blood work is good, let us know when that grandbaby gets here. You'll get a workout for sure taking care of a 2 yr old. I keep my 3yr old granddaughter a couple days a week and by the end of the day I'm worn slam out. Still working on maintaining, I go up a couple and go down a couple but pretty much stick around the 150 mark. I know I've really got to watch that sweet tooth some days it just gets the best of me.

Hi Everyone,

I am hanging in there I am so stressed today I think that is what is making it hard for me to breathe.

I told my DH I wanted to sell some of my gold I don't wear and he gave me a handful of stuff he doesn't wear anyway kinda big fight about it. I want to have a garage sale to sell things but i think he is upset we are in this and stuck. He is leaving everything up to me and what I do with his things

UGGGG I feel like I can't breathe

ok just complaining but all my friends have been helping me explaining the different between how men and woman deal with things.

Everyone on this board has been a big help thank you for your companionship and listening to me. I love you all very much and God willing I will get to meet you all.

Hi Everyone,

I am hanging in there I am so stressed today I think that is what is making it hard for me to breathe.

I told my DH I wanted to sell some of my gold I don't wear and he gave me a handful of stuff he doesn't wear anyway kinda big fight about it. I want to have a garage sale to sell things but i think he is upset we are in this and stuck. He is leaving everything up to me and what I do with his things

UGGGG I feel like I can't breathe

ok just complaining but all my friends have been helping me explaining the different between how men and woman deal with things.

Everyone on this board has been a big help thank you for your companionship and listening to me. I love you all very much and God willing I will get to meet you all.

Vent and complain.......that is why we are here.....to support you! I think a garage sale is great. Also start volunteering at a hospital or school. You will hear of jobs and also working without pay is so gratifying not to mention you will have an IN on any new job and already be acquainted with new people and contacts.......networking! That is how most people get hired.....they know other people. HUGS and PRAYERS for YOU!

Melissa, That's good advice Charlene gave you. And we don't mind if you vent because we all do it. It helps to get it out. I don't know about men, I haven't been able to figure out why they think the way they do in 46yrs and I doubt I ever will. just do what you think will work best for you and your family. Hope it gets better for you very soon. God willing and the creek don't rise I would love meeting someday. It sometimes feels really weird to have people you feel so close too but only know through a key board. Anyways, Feel better. Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

thanks ladies your guys are right you feel so close and never have met them.

i actually ending up going to the er cause I felt my breathing was getting worse needless to say no bronchitis it has cleared up and my heart function is good. However the steriod my reg dr put me on spiked by sugar to over 400 never ever been there.

I still feel out of breath so the er dr they gave me an inhaled steroid which will stay in my lungs and should work. i should know in the next couple of days he said that I will need to have a lung function test.

maybe it is just anxiety who knows Love you all and I will keep you posted.

thanks ladies your guys are right you feel so close and never have met them.

i actually ending up going to the er cause I felt my breathing was getting worse needless to say no bronchitis it has cleared up and my heart function is good. However the steriod my reg dr put me on spiked by sugar to over 400 never ever been there.

I still feel out of breath so the er dr they gave me an inhaled steroid which will stay in my lungs and should work. i should know in the next couple of days he said that I will need to have a lung function test.

maybe it is just anxiety who knows Love you all and I will keep you posted.

It was probably a combination of things......take care!!! Steroids can cause crazy side effects.

It was probably a combination of things......take care!!! Steroids can cause crazy side effects.

That is what I need more craziness LOL

I wonder if maybe it's not a combo between the new meds and panic attacks. I've had them most of my adult life. They can be quite crippling at times and if your not aware that that is what they are it can make you feel like you can't breath or mock a heart attack.Before I knew I had them I can't count the times I ended up in the ER. When I was told that that's what it was I refused to admit it because I thought only weak minded people had them, needless to say I didn't address it until I had know choice. I never tell anyone this but I'm sharing with ya'll, 20yrs ago they got so bad I had a nervous break down and couldn't leave the house without someone with me and would almost always have one when I was out. Once I addressed them I learned to handle then and have them under control now. Stress can really bring them on and your under ALOT of stress right now. You might want to talk to your pcp about it. Anyway, just a thought. Hope you have a better day today.

Edited by kimaly

I wonder if maybe it's not a combo between the new meds and panic attacks. I've had them most of my adult life. They can be quite crippling at times and if your not aware that that is what they are it can make you feel like you can't breath or mock a heart attack.Before I knew I had them I can't count the times I ended up in the ER. When I was told that that's what it was I refused to admit it because I thought only weak minded people had them, needless to say I didn't address it until I had know choice. I never tell anyone this but I'm sharing with ya'll, 20yrs ago they got so bad I had a nervous break down and couldn't leave the house without someone with me and would almost always have one when I was out. Once I addressed them I learned to handle then and have them under control now. Stress can really bring them on and your under ALOT of stress right now. You might want to talk to your pcp about it. Anyway, just a thought. Hope you have a better day today.

Kimaly......thanks for sharing! I was so mad back in February when the doctor would not give me xanax for anxiety until I saw a psychiatrist. I was PO'd. I had taken xanax for IBS for years. Anyway, I think I have shared this already....but when I went and got on Lexapro for my anxiety and panic attacks I didn't have to take Xanax anymore. So, now I take Savella for the Fibro and Lexapro to counter the anxiety and panic attacks( caused from the SAvella). I have come to realize that my obesity was from trying to insulate myself from the things that caused anxiety. As we peel the layers back off we have to deal with the anxiety head on. I am just now learning all this and I am pushing 60......I guess better late than never.

Thanks Kimaly it probably is just panic attacks I am on some newer meds that are working well at least before I lost my job and got sick. i just wish my DH would understand. i guess some men do not. And I felt the same way panic attacks I thought meant you were weak but my Dr said that really is not the case.

Kimaly......thanks for sharing! I was so mad back in February when the doctor would not give me xanax for anxiety until I saw a psychiatrist. I was PO'd. I had taken xanax for IBS for years. Anyway, I think I have shared this already....but when I went and got on Lexapro for my anxiety and panic attacks I didn't have to take Xanax anymore. So, now I take Savella for the Fibro and Lexapro to counter the anxiety and panic attacks( caused from the SAvella). I have come to realize that my obesity was from trying to insulate myself from the things that caused anxiety. As we peel the layers back off we have to deal with the anxiety head on. I am just now learning all this and I am pushing 60......I guess better late than never.

I actually just got changed from Lexapro to some other meds basicAlly she changed everything because I had been on the same meds for years she said if this did not work then I need to go back to talk to someone but now whith no insurance that will have to eait. B/C it is 1300 we don't have each month for us to keep my medical for cobra. That is why I am so desperate for any job but everyone else out in the job market is to. Also employers are taking advantage of that and only hiring part time so they do not have to give you medical.

One DAy, Citilapram(sp) generic for celexa is really cheap. It is similar to Lexapro. Might tell doctor you can only afford generics.

Okay, my DD will be induced tomorrow. I will have the two year old. I would rather keep her at home than at the hosptial. We are going up there after Bethany is born. We live about 25 minutes from there. I will be busy this week. I will check in. I am not weighing this week. I am frustrated going up 2lbs down 2lbs. I know why......too many calories and carbs. Did I tell y'all I bought the book "Break the Fat-Loss Code" by Wendy Chant. She goes step by step an eight week plan to get off the diet plateau by outsmarting your metabolism. Anyway, need to kick start my weight loss. I want to lose five lbs before I see Dr. Davis on the 17th. YIKEs!

Happy Labor Day??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Labor Day!! Everyone

Edited by 1day at a time

Happy Labor Day!! Everyone

Speaking of Labor Day.......my DD is in labor right now. Hopefully it won't be long. I am at home with my grand daughter just waiting to go up to the hospital. Two year old don't do too well in waiting rooms.

Arlene - I hope everything is going well with the delivery. Oh my goodness a two year old then a new born she will have her hands full and I know you will have so much fun

I wanted to post this for my July Butterflies since some of us post on multiple boards

So alot with me this weekend. I took my son a went to see my long time friend in NC on Labor Day. She lives in Waynesville which is roughly 2 1/2 hrs from. She lives a very simply life. Meaning her and her husband have one car she home schools and really just have the basics to live nothing really extravagant. That is something they decided to do a long time ago. Everyone is in good health so the have blue cross as an isurance plan they bought a very long time ago. She kind of lives in the mountains and has a couple of chickens which are cool to hold (only cause I have never held on before).

Makes you want to get rid of the material things an live on one income but with my health issues I can't cause we would never get a health policy because of my diabetes and other health issues. Right now I have to start payiong $1301.00 a month to keep cobra it is going to hurt us bad. I carry the insurance cause my DH is self employed. I have thought about not keeping it but our luck a medical procedure would be needed and then what more money owed.

I was searching through my old medical paper work and realized something. I always thought I never weighed less than 200 pounds after I had my son in 95. But I am happy to say I have in 11/18/98 I weighed 192 and then in 03/11/99 I weighed 189, Last I found was 1/18/2000 I weighed 194.

I thought well i guess I can do this after all. It is amazing how much your mind can trick you into thinking things.

On the job hunting front nothing is happening everyone wants you to apply only and not come in there office. So tomorrow I am going to the retail places and go an inquire about my pending resumes.