Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all, I am doing ok here. I have been on a plateau for a few weeks it seems, keep fighting off 1 pound that keeps coming back. At least I haven't gained any weight since surgery! Restriction is good, almost too good sometimes, but I am run ragged at work and come home and colapse. No energy to get on the eliptical but I think that might get me losing again.

My two girls are coming for Thanksgiving (and grand daughter) so I am gearing up for the feast. Good thing for restriction or I would be pigging out on that meal. My son won't be here, he just left for Korea but as soon as I get a permanent address for him, I will be sending him a box of goodies.

Hope all you junies are doing well and wish you all a great Thanksgiving!

Hi all. Just a bit of news. Hey,,, i bought a belt, for the first time since high school. Any outfit i got i just threw the belt away. Yesterday i actually went out and bought a belt... 5 mon. Since surgery, 56 lbs. Lots of inches. Judy

Hey Junies..

Just checking in to keep the thread moving. I hope everyone is doing well... I unfortunately have lost my gumption.. I feel like I am nesting..lol.. I just want to bake, cook and eat. For the first time since being banded I gained two pounds.. I did not change my ticker because I am in denial..lol.. I am hoping it is a fluke but it's been there for about 4 days.. eek. This has caused the mental fat person in me to give up. I know it's ridiculous.. I keep making excuses like after Thanksgiving I will get back on the wagon. I can feel myself mentally slipping away from all the rules. It amazes me how not losing causes me to freak out and actually go the opposite way. So if you could, yell at me!!! Thanks for the support! Allie

Hey Allie...try not to get disgusted with yourself but don't wait until AFTER Thanksgiving to get your ass in gear. Turn it around today and it will be easier for you to make good choices and avoid the goodies on Thanksgiving.

If baking is something that triggers eating things you should not....QUIT BAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck getting back on track. Do it today!!!! "Hugs"

Allieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I will yell at ya! I gain and lose the same pound over and over and eventually it stays off and then I battle the next one. It is coming into the cooking season now and I know for me its a temptation go go get a big turkey or ham and want to eat the whole thing. This year my 2 girls and granddaughter will be here for TG and we will have my guy's kids and new baby for Christmas for a week. I am thankful for the restriction I have that stops me from eataing too much but I still have to remind myself everyday to make good choices to eat the small amount that Ican. You can do it, Allie! I hope you get your mojo back soon. I will be after you to behave and will yell (nicely) at you if you want. Feel free to keep me accountable too!

Hi apples and strike...

Thanks sooo much for the soft yelling lol.. I did wii fit for 30 minutes actually it was 29 minutes and did better today not great but better. Strike I hope your visit goes great with your girls!!!! My sister and nephew are coming from florida tomorrow and I can hardly wait! My sister has been soooo supportive of my weight loss and I can hardly wait for her to see the difference.

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!! xoxo Allie~

Hi apples and strike...

Thanks sooo much for the soft yelling lol.. I did wii fit for 30 minutes actually it was 29 minutes and did better today not great but better. Strike I hope your visit goes great with your girls!!!! My sister and nephew are coming from florida tomorrow and I can hardly wait! My sister has been soooo supportive of my weight loss and I can hardly wait for her to see the difference.

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!! xoxo Allie~

Allie...you will get back on track. Just think about how your sister will react the NEXT time she sees you when you have all your weight off. Keep that in the back of your mind to keep you focused.

Happy Thanksgiving you and all the Daily News girls. Sending love your way:wub:

I am soooo happy!! I lost the two pounds I had gained.. woo hooo... I really hope it stays away..lol.. I am now so motivated to excercize .. LOL.. You guys are so awesome. I have to tell you that this website has really helped me.

About 6 years ago my best friend hurt me terribly, because of this I have shielded myself from meeting new people and it has really hurt me. I used to be one of those people that would talk to anyone anytime.. I had tons of friends and was always on the phone or having people over. I would do anything to help a friend and was always the first one people called when they needed help. Due to the betrayal I ended up isolating myself and gained 70 pounds. I still hold myself at a distance in person, but on here I feel like I can be me. It has been so wonderful to have women to support me and who I can support. I am hoping one day I can get back to being the open person I used to be.

I just wanted all of you to know...

I AM THANKFUL FOR YOU!!

Happy Thanksgiving..

Allie, i am so with you about opening up to people after being hurt miserably. i try to live in the present now but i still find i back off from people. have to work on that. my husband is my best friend and my best girl friend was murdered (i'm not kidding). i would love to have some woman friends again but seem to back away after a short time. i think it will just take time and awareness!

i go up 2-3 lbs which i completely refuse to believe based on my eating and exercising. and it comes off and then goes down a little more. i think it's Fluid fluctuations based on what types of foods i eat and my cycles. i don't worry about it - or update my ticker - unless it gets over 3. then i exercise harder and it seems to come down again. it seems whenever i sweat a lot, my body heats up, burns more calories and the scale goes down. that is definately incentive to exercise!

that said, i've been stuck at 40 lbs down for 1 month. that includes a cruise where i didn't gain or lose(which i think is awesome actually! anyone who's been on a cruise knows about the food issue!).

i'm writing down what i eat again so i can see it in black and white and i'm pushing for 3 45 minute workouts a week - cardio - and 2 weights workouts (less intense). i want 40 more to come off before my 1 year band-iversary in june!

happy thanksgiving everyone! enjoy what you can eat and don't worry about what you can't. it doesn't matter anymore. it's history.

Grey, I am sooo sorry to hear of your loss. That must have been so horrible for you and I am truly so sorry. I can't even imagine the pain you must have suffered and still suffer from. My prayers and thoughts are with you!

My best girlfriend decided she wanted my marriage and went after my hubby with everything she had.. it was devastating.. I trusted her so completely and never thought in a million years she would do something like that. I felt heart broken. I am afraid to trust women again. I walked in on her kissing my husband and she saw me and smiled.. it was terrible. He was not completely innocent in this, by not stopping her pursual earlier.. but they did not have an affair, I don't think I could have handled that honestly. I miss hanging out with girlfriends but I am afraid of being hurt again. I know I have trust issues.. I do not have a relationship with my parents either (significant child abuse that my father was arrested for and mother stayed with him and sent me to live with grandparents) I want to learn to trust and have more friends.. when people meet me they are like wow she is sooo outgoing and friendly but I don't allow people past the initial accquaintence phase. So wow that is pretty much where I am..lol.. :)

Allie, Congrats on the two lbs. Thats great! Its been slow going for me lately and I know I am slacking. I need a good kick to get back on track. If I don't gain over the holidays, I will consider that a success!

I really feel it for you and Grey, I also had a 'best friend' that took over a guy I was dating. That happened twice as a matter of fact. When I moved to another town (for college) and left a good group of friends, the girls (2 different occasions) started dating the guy I was going with. One of them even married the guy.

Looking back, I can see they probly deserved each other! But I understand about not trusting after a betrayal like that. Its sure made me cautious, even now and this happened about 15 years ago. Makes me not totally trust the guy I am with now even though he loves me dearly and would never give me cause to doubt him.

Maybe us three can be our own support group!:grouphug:

My girls will show up for turkey dinner tomorrow and Friday we are going to brave the crowds and hit the mall on Black Friday! My goal is to get to Victoria's Secret and buy some sexy undies and see if their bras will fit me now. I am gonna wear my sexy tight blue jeans tomorrow and hope the girls notice the almost 40 lbs I have lost.

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy the little feast! Look at it this way....you will have leftovers for a loooonnnnnngggg time! LOL:lol:

Can I join the support group too? I found out 2 months ago that my "best" friend has been emailing my Dh how much she loves him and wants to be with him. What is with these so called "best" friends? Could it be that they are jealous of us? Wow! What a switch!!! And mine was totally cute and thin! Needless to say, she is out of our lives forever and she didn't get what she wanted. She just wasn't woman enough and definately isn't good enough for me. The only thing she succeeded in was proving I really have to watch who I trust.

Happy Thanksgiving Junies!!!!!!!!!!! It's been nice to have you guys for support and just someone to visit back and forth with. Enjoy your turkey!

Can I join the support group too? I found out 2 months ago that my "best" friend has been emailing my Dh how much she loves him and wants to be with him. What is with these so called "best" friends? Could it be that they are jealous of us? Wow! What a switch!!! And mine was totally cute and thin! Needless to say, she is out of our lives forever and she didn't get what she wanted. She just wasn't woman enough and definately isn't good enough for me. The only thing she succeeded in was proving I really have to watch who I trust.

Welcome to the group Katies! Good for you and hubs to send that gal packin! Sounds like you have a good relationship and he is dedicated to you! Some wimmen, geez! We just have to remember we are good people, strong women and whether we are thick or thin, inside we are the same person. If others only look at the surface, they are the ones losing out cuz WE ARE AWESOME!

Hope everyone has a great Thankgiving. I am thankful for my family, my guy that loves me, my health, my job, the roof over my head, and thankful for the almost 40 lbs I have lost! Remember to chew chew chew that turkey!:grouphug: