Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from Louisville Ky

Hello--my name is LaDonna. I am 29 and will be having my lap band on July 8th with Dr Schuster here in Louisville. I had my pro-op testing done today and met someone who told me about this site...thought I would check it out. :)

:) Hello and Welcome!

I was banded June 10th. This is a great place to ask questions and just talk! Lots of great advise and story sharing. Keep us posted!

Stacey in Michigan

Hey LaDonna,

Welcome to Lapband talk! You will find all the info you need here on this website. I will be having surgery on July 2. Good luck to you!

thanks alot...good luck on wednesday its almost here...how is your pre-diet going?....I start mine tomorrow....

Hi LaDonna:

My name is Elizabeth, I am in Lexington, KY. My info is going to the ins. co. tomorrow. Good luck on the 8th.

ET

Hi,

My surgery was June 10th with Dr. Schuster. He is great and I am doing great and so glad I had it done. Best of luck with yours.

I get banded on 7/9 by Dr. Lusco in Louisville. I really like the practice and all of the surgeons. I have actually surprised myself on the pre-op diet. I have felt tempted, but I have not failed! I have been able to keep up with the Zumba classes at the Y even though I feel exhausted. :thumbup:

sthom01---thats great!!! maybe I met you at pre-op testing on June 27th??? well anyway good luck

Hi! I am in Louisville too. I am going through the process now with Dr Shusters office. I just sent in my paperwork a few days ago and have not met with a surgeon yet so I dont know which will do my surgery. How long did the process take once you sent in your paperwork? I am going through BCBS of Minnisota, I think they require 6 months of drs vistis so I am half way through that. I am getting so inpatient though. Let me know how it all goes.

Karen

Hi all you Louisvillians,

As I said before, I had Dr. Schuster (very young looking--I think someone said he is 32) and my surgery was June 10th. I cannot be more pleased with the entire process. I had been scheduled for May 27th and it was postponed for two weeks. I was ready to go into surgery and Dr. Schuster was not happy with the barium swallow results. He was not the one who checked the test results the week prior to surgery. He and the anesthesiologist thought it was best to have a couple more tests before the surgery took place. I had a catscan and an EGD (a light down my throat/esophagus) and found out a bronchial tube was sticking into my esophagus. I was then scheduled for surgery two weeks later. I just felt that Dr. Schuster had my best interests at heart and instead of just rushing me through the surgery he did the right thing to make sure my surgery was successful.

I had surgery at 8:30 am and was home at 1:30 pm. I had medium to servere pain for 4-5 days but pain medicine and resting took care of most of it. Most of my pain was on my left side and in my chest (gas pains). I have not had any problems with eating and have kept entirely on the diet plan. It has not been difficult at all. Tomorrow I get to eat a regular diet and I am looking forward to more of a variety. I do have some restriction and I can certainly tell when I have had enough to eat. My biggest problem is not chewing enough but I am learning quite quickly as it is painful if it is not chewed enough. I have not vomited at all but had internal burps which I thought could lead to vomiting. Drinking when you eat is also a habit hard to break. My motto is "one day at a time". I am very glad I had the surgery and was very happy with the entire process at St Mary and Elizabeth and the Louisville Surgical Associates. I recommend them highly.

Thanks everyone!!!

My surgery went very smoothly on the 8th. No problems at all. I actually had surgery at 8am and was discharged by 1030---that was crazy, but I was up and walking, peed and took my xray very quickly. There was once after I drank some juice that I thought I was gonna vomit, I went all pale they said, but I just belched like a man for like 5 minutes and felt soooooooooooo much better. The first night I did a lot of walking to relieve the gas pains. Yesterday was better, adn today I just feel a little sore. I got to eat some creamy Soup and yogurt today---I was AMAZED at how little it took to FILL me up...I was stuffed with 1/2 cup soup, and 1/2 of the yogurt....thats great!!!!!!

Edited by ldonna1
add ticker

Hi ldonna1,

Glad you are doing good! Sounds like you will have a speedy recovery. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!