Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All February 2008 Bandsters Please Read This Thread!

Congrats!!! I know I'll get there but it can't be soon enough for me.

As of June 25th, my 4 month Bandiversary, I have lost 24 stinkin' pounds. I have had 1 fill, 3ccs in a 10 cc band.

Ok girls, I need some moral support here. I want to impolitely stab my surgeon in the head with an ice pick about now. Yesterday I went, for what I assumed would be, my second fill and he wouldn't do it! He said I was losing around a pound a week, slow and steady wins the race, you're the tortoise not the hare, blah, blah, blah and I was honestly too stunned and defeated to argue with him about it. I did try to explain to him that the weight I've lost was all in the first 6 weeks and I've been GAINING weight for the last three but he wouldn't even listen to me. He just kept going by the average and said when people coerce him into fills they always come back begging to have saline removed in a couple of days.

:tt2::thumbup::cool2::tt2::mad2::thumbup::mellow: I also told him that I can eat anything now, with no restriction whatsoever and he said, "Well, you come back in two months and if you've lost less than eight pounds I will CONSIDER a fill." At the rate I'm going, I will have gained all of my weight back by then! I am so freakin' depressed that I could give up.

Ugh, that is so ridiculous. I'm sorry you have to put up with that Gibson! I would make another appointment and go back in and DEMAND a fill. My doctor tried to pull that crap on me and I explained to him that I lacked restriction and was eating more, not full as long, etc., and he gave in. I wasn't supposed to go back until August but I've been struggling for the last month or so and I'm going in on Monday. I will not take no for an answer because I didn't go through all of this to essentially be on a diet and neither should you! If he isn't helping you out, is there any possibility of seeing a different doctor or going to a fill center?

Wonder where he's getting his averages from? Judging from this forum most of us have have 2-4 fills. You can definately tell when you have restriction. I think I'm almost at my sweet spot now. You can try to take a firmer hand with your doctor or possibly you can show him this forum. LOL Will he do a fill with flouro or however you spell that? Then he could see the restriction for himself. I think it's good to go slow with the fills but every 4-6 weeks is more than enough time to adapt. Wonder if there's some national database or statistics on fill rates?

As of June 25th, my 4 month Bandiversary, I have lost 24 stinkin' pounds. I have had 1 fill, 3ccs in a 10 cc band.

Ok girls, I need some moral support here. I want to impolitely stab my surgeon in the head with an ice pick about now. Yesterday I went, for what I assumed would be, my second fill and he wouldn't do it! He said I was losing around a pound a week, slow and steady wins the race, you're the tortoise not the hare, blah, blah, blah and I was honestly too stunned and defeated to argue with him about it. I did try to explain to him that the weight I've lost was all in the first 6 weeks and I've been GAINING weight for the last three but he wouldn't even listen to me. He just kept going by the average and said when people coerce him into fills they always come back begging to have saline removed in a couple of days.

:tt1::frown::sneaky::wink2::mad2::thumbup::) I also told him that I can eat anything now, with no restriction whatsoever and he said, "Well, you come back in two months and if you've lost less than eight pounds I will CONSIDER a fill." At the rate I'm going, I will have gained all of my weight back by then! I am so freakin' depressed that I could give up.

Hey girl,

It sounds like you really need to switch doctors. I think this is ridiculous that your doctor is doing this to you. Is it your doctor who does the fills or do you go to a separate fill center? I'm not sure how other doctors work, but I go to a separate place for my fills and I can come in every 3-4 weeks if I choose. It's between me and the fill person and they basically just ask me if I need a fill. My doctor is never involved, except I have to go see him every few months so he can check on me. Perhaps you should pick a doctor who does this as well. It wouldn't hurt to call around and see what you can do. But don't give up.. we love you and we are here for you. Once you do get that restriction everything will work out hun..

Huggs!

Oh Gibson..I'm so sorry you're dealing with that. It's SUCH BS!!That happened to me and I ended up politely arugueing with my doc and he ended up giving me 1cc that day. The fact that you have to wait so long in between fills doesn't make any sense!! Also, it's not just about losing the pounds. If you are hungry all the time and not getting satiated after 6-9 bites of food that means you need a fill. I would go back and have a conversation with your doc. I know that some doc's are more conservative than others but this is ridculous!! I totally understand why you would be feeling blue...but I promise you it will get better! I hope you can get back in to see your doc and hopefully get the fill you need. Hang in there....we're all here for you!!

:)

Amy

Hello all,

I was banded on Feb.26 2008 I have lost 27lbs I have had 3 fills for a toatal of 4 cc.s in a 10 cc band.

jaunderwood:lol:

Gibson.

This is your body and you know how much you eat and the Dr. doesn't come to dinner with you so he needs to just be quiet. Kick him in his shins continously until he agrees to give you a fill.

Good luck. I'm sorry you have to put up with that. Don't get depressed - get mad and find yourself another Dr.

Tara

Hello all,

I was banded on Feb.26 2008 I have lost 27lbs I have had 3 fills for a toatal of 4 cc.s in a 10 cc band.

jaunderwood:lol:

Hi Jaunderwood. Congrats on the 27lbs. I get my third fill July 17th

Hi all!!

It's been awhile since I posted but that pesky little thing called life has been kicking me in my arse lately.

Stopped in to see how everyone was doing and saw another great thread by gibson.

My band anniversary date is the 25th and I've lost 29 pounds. Have another fill today and I don't know if it's my fourth or fifth.

I haven't been the best bandster and I have to recommit myself, and hopefully seeing that everyone else that got banded at the same time is really doing well, will be my motivation to get my butt back in gear.

Forgot what a great motivational tool this site is!!!

Welcome back! I've missed the dancin' Megan. You're sure right about this site. I have to check in about 4 times a day. It keeps me focused on the goal and how to get there. Will be nice to see your sweet face around here again.

Wow this is really embarrasing..Feb. 11 th is my band anniversary and basically have not lost any weight. Have good restriction in the a.m. but give in to easily to the goodies at night. Have had two fills and at about 2 ccs in a 10 cc HP band. When I follow the bandster rules do well but am so inconsistant after reading your posts will get my butt in gear and recomitt to this. My Dr. would give me a fill but really don't think that is what I need. Am down about 30 lbs. from pre op until now, I know very sad. Am happy for all of you doing so well keep it up and will soon hope to be one of you. DESERTS ARE MY ENEMY!!!

Hugs,

Dawnie

Have good restriction in the a.m. but give in to easily to the goodies at night. Have had two fills and at about 2 ccs in a 10 cc HP band. When I follow the bandster rules do well but am so inconsistant after reading your posts will get my butt in gear and recomitt to this. My Dr. would give me a fill but really don't think that is what I need. Dawnie

Oh, Honey, get yourself in for a fill, and make it a big one!!! I'm at 7.5cc in a 10cc band. Your doctor is waaaaayyyyy too conservative. You're doing this almost completely on your own! I'm going in tomorrow for another small fill, my 6th. You shouldn't be hungry in the evenings if you have proper restriction. Sometimes I'm hungry on the way home from work, but 3 or 4 ounces of grilled fish, and I'm done for the night. That's how it should be if your band is working property. If it's not, that's the doc's fault, not yours.

I have lost 57 pounds and have 5 cc's on a 10 cc band. So far, so good !! I have pretty good restriction right now (it was better a month ago) and do not go back for a fill until the end of August - I went last week for my monthly check up and we agreed everything was going fine and to hold off on another fill.