Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is the rudest thing someone has said to you?!?!

I was visiting a cousin who had been told that I had had the lapband done.

She asked how I was doing.

She said she had a friend who had it done and she failed to loose weight.

I told her I was doing really well I had lost 40 lbs since I had my surgery 3 1/2 months earlier.

She said "You mean you weighed more than you do now?"

More stupid than rude but it's up there!

well that might have been very true. it might have been a case of little ears and big mouths lol oh well I'm laughing now! that I have lost 47 pounds and the people that were laughing at me can suck an egg!

Hi Everyone

My COW of a mother in law said to me after having a stomach bypass

"Does it hurt you that you will NEVER EVER fit into these clothes??"

Stupid woman I couldve slapped her right there and then....Funny thing is now though, she has stacked heaps of weight on :rolleyes2: hehehehee

Trish

My mom asked me tonight over the phone how come I'm still the same size since January. I told her that I was slow and that I had to lose 25 lbs. to change a size. So I'm a 14 now,but the clothing around the butt and front are loose. I will probably be a 12 in the summer,have already bought clothing on clearance for size 12.

I did not let her hear my anger. She hasn't seen me since Nov. ,she will come in August again.

Well I'm still wearing a lot of the same sizes too. They are big, and I need to buy some new ones, but I still have a lot to lose, so I don't want to buy a lot right now.

My MIL asks me everytime she sees me..."So..how much have you lost NOW?" Mind you she lives with us and sees me pretty much every day - and as we know there are some days that we don't lose anything..

But she seems to indicate that I am failing if I don't "report" a weight loss. Lately, she has been coming up with these clothes and telling me that they are "too big" for her - and asking me if I want them. Mind you - she is no twiggy....not that she is morbidly obese - it's just that I feel like she is continually mocking me.

But I just keep on plugging and keep on keeping on. Even though she makes things like spaghetti and pizza, and Desserts, and asks me why I don't want to have any....H-E-L-L-O!!! That is partly how I got this way in the first place. But now that I have a tool - I politely refuse and repeat each time she asks me "I cannot eat that anymore!!" And I don't!

As I taught my children - LIVING WELL IS THE BEST REVENGE!!

This is probably by FAR NOT the rudest thing anyone has ever said to me or about me (been overweight allll of my life)... but it is the rudest thing my grandmother has ever said to me! A few months ago, I was at my aunts house and she was looking through old photographs for a pic of my late grandfather. She came upon my senior picture. The family was passing the pictures around and talking about "memories"..... my grandmother was handed my senior pic (I was about a size 14 then and thought I was huge.... what little did I know)... she looked at my pic and said, "you were so pretty THEN".... I looked at her and said What? She said againg, you were do pretty THEN.... this is my grandmother talking! Not a stranger... my grandma! My aunt jumped to my defense and said, Well Mother! That was rude!".... my grandmother said, well we've all gotten older!... yeah right, I'm sure that is what she meant by that. No apology... no I didn't mean it that way... nothing.... that's ok.... I'll never look as young as I did back in my senior days, but this bod is gonna be skinnier then then!!! Watch out! Gonna be one hot 44 year old!!!!! ha!

My MIL asks me everytime she sees me..."So..how much have you lost NOW?" Mind you she lives with us and sees me pretty much every day - and as we know there are some days that we don't lose anything..

But she seems to indicate that I am failing if I don't "report" a weight loss.

My MIL is the same way, so I was talking to my parents one day and they gave a great idea "Just tell you've gained 1 lb every time she asks...so I did, but as she saw I was actually getting smaller, I think she realized i was playing her for a fool and hasn't asked how much I'd lost since :lol:

I'm sorry yours lives with you, I'm it makes it that much harder...but maybe you should give a try...

good luck

Wow, I can't believe how rude some people can be! The only time I actually heard someone say something about my weight was about 5 years ago (when I was even about 50 pounds slimmer), I was at a bar for a bachelorette party, and this really tiny blonde who looked perfect, brushed past me and said "move you fat bitch". I couldn't believe it. I will tell you it absolutely destroyed me. But it didn't stop me from eating unfortunately. I have rarely been to a bar since then. That one comment alone just sunk me into a depression. I wish I would've said something back to her, but I was in shock.

Wow, I can't believe how rude some people can be! The only time I actually heard someone say something about my weight was about 5 years ago (when I was even about 50 pounds slimmer), I was at a bar for a bachelorette party, and this really tiny blonde who looked perfect, brushed past me and said "move you fat bitch". I couldn't believe it. I will tell you it absolutely destroyed me. But it didn't stop me from eating unfortunately. I have rarely been to a bar since then. That one comment alone just sunk me into a depression. I wish I would've said something back to her, but I was in shock.

I'd have said "YOU move, you skanky hoe!"...

Sorry... I know two wrongs don't make a right, but just because you are skinny and perfect does NOT give you the right to be ugly to others less fortunate!

lol, you are right Tammy, I should've said that! I wish I would have said ANYTHING in response instead of nothing. But oh well, it won't happen again!

So... how about the NICEST thing anyone's said to us??? This past weekend I saw my ex-boyfriend/first true love from 20 years ago. We dated when I was 19. I had seen him a few times over the years while I was heavy. I am sure he was expecting to see that same chubby girl. But, of course, he didn't! He told me I looked just the same as I did at 19! And it has literally been 20 years. I am 39 now. Made my week!!!

Hi

I was walking back to work eating a sandwich during my lunch break and I heard a guy say to another bloke, "and these girls wonder why they are fat". I was eating a sandwich for god sake, not a 10" bar of chocolate. I was actually 6 stone slimmer than I am now so god knows what he would say if he saw me eating a sandwich now. I was bullemic at the time and went back to work and threw up....

I would have threw my sandwich at them and said and this is how we loose weight...:thumbup: