Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is the rudest thing someone has said to you?!?!

I say good riddance!

:thumbup:The funny thing is now that I have lost over 50lbs she has talked about "how she would like to date me and see what happens" I just laugh at her... I tell her I dont like skinny girls...

I have had more confidence in the past 6 months than I have in all of my life.:thumbup:

I married a man who I found out three months later was having an affair with an 18 year old when we got married! It shattered my world, and I was ashamed that I had exposed my children to such a fake and loser, (he was not their father....I was divorced from their dad after 18 years).

Before I had seen his girlfriend, who is now his wife, I remember tearfully asking him what she looked like. As he described her, and her normal weight, he had the nerve to tell me, "I'm not leaving you because of your weight". Well, I hadn't asked him if that was why he was leaving...and anyway, I was on a diet at the time had just lost 50 pounds for the wedding. Funny thing how life has a way of working itself out...he was a big guy then and is bigger still, and she's quickly catching up to him! :ohmy:

I'm now remarried, and my hubby is very handsome, average weight, and proud of me! He has supported me every step of my journey and brags on me more than I do myself. :thumbup: So, while it hurt terribly at the time, my life turned out so much better with him gone!

Lisa

A stupid comment was made to me by a person i didn't even know and she asked me when I was due. I said jokingly that I wasn't pregnant I was just FAT. That pissed me off. I have always been told you have a beautiful face if you could just lose weight. Man I hate that, I can't wait till they say you are sooooo pretty. without mentioning weight. My 25 year reunion will be in 3 years and it would be great to be at my goal by then even sooner would be great!

Banded August 28 lost 53 lbs so far. Yeah!!!! 100 to go

Angcal26:thumbup:

Well, I have a few rude things...

1. When I was 9 I was visiting my aunt and uncle and when my uncle came home he said "Well, your as broad as a barn" Nice to say to a 9 year old. And I wasn't even a fat child. Amazing how that stuff sticks with you for LIFE!

2. I had just got married to the man of my dreams and he took me skiing with his best friends and their wives. Of coarse, they we skinny and cute and looked amazing in their little ski outfits. Anyway, we went to dinner at the resort it was a semi fancy restaurant. The waitress actually had the nerve to ask me if I was finished or just resting. Needless to say I was just resting... HA

3. And the classic, You have such a pretty face. I HATE that one...

Well, I have a few rude things...

1. When I was 9 I was visiting my aunt and uncle and when my uncle came home he said "Well, your as broad as a barn" Nice to say to a 9 year old. And I wasn't even a fat child. Amazing how that stuff sticks with you for LIFE!

2. I had just got married to the man of my dreams and he took me skiing with his best friends and their wives. Of coarse, they we skinny and cute and looked amazing in their little ski outfits. Anyway, we went to dinner at the resort it was a semi fancy restaurant. The waitress actually had the nerve to ask me if I was finished or just resting. Needless to say I was just resting... HA

3. And the classic, You have such a pretty face. I HATE that one...

I would have said to the waitress are you stupid or just acting. :crying:

The nerve of some people. :)

i love this thread.. its a great place to vent.

ever since i was a little girl, i have never understood how my favorite uncle-- no favorite person, ever, -- could stand being married to my aunt for so long. on multiple occasions, she has made remarks about my weight, and as a psychiatrist, she feels it is necessary for her to comment on my life without my asking. she's said things to my mom, like "it's just such a shame.." and that, being raised to be big in texas, i will never fit in with the skinny girls of a northeastern city (my mom and my aunt are from new york, my aunt currently lives in DC)

my brother used to date this HORRIBLE girl for years, through high school and college. she cheated on him multiple times, talked down to him, and made him wait on her hand and foot. on top of that her family was very racist and also anti-semitic. (her younger brother was my age and an idiot-- got in trouble for drawing KKK symbols at school... and he isn't even white?? not that that would make it ok-- and her older brother used to call our house telling us we were going to hell). anyways, after they broke up, he showed me this text message she sent him one time. she was mad that my brother was coming home from college and wanted to spend the night hanging out with me, and was just being her usual jealous self. so in the text she goes "FINE! why don't you just go f*** your fat sister and you can forget about me!" i couldn't hide my shocked face from my brother, but made it seem like i was just shocked she would say such a bitchy thing to him, instead of a bitchy thing about ME to him. some other time, when her mom invited me and my brother over to her house, she suggested to my bro and his gf in front of everyone that they should go on a walk, unless she wants to start looking like me. the nerve of some people. her mom was the same size as me!

just this past august, i went to visit some of my guy friends in chicago. we went on a spur of the moment to the beach so i didn't have a bathing suit and just sat in the sand with my feet in, but the guys were all able to get in the Water by taking off their shirts. the ENTIRE time, they would point to a woman and rate her hotness. then, the rest of the weekend, the guys would talk about different girls they found attractive, how they need to find some girls to date, etc etc. the comment that hurt the most was when they had a party and i was the only girl there at the beginning. they said, "we need a hot girl at this party!" they're great friends one on one, but i never want to hang out with them again when it's all the guys together.

n15933971_39838559_6814.jpg

i can't wait until i see them next summer and finally look like a hot girl (in their eyes, atleast. i've always thought i was fairly attractive... atleast-- not too bad on the eyes!). too bad i will only think of them as friends now!

"I can't wait until I see them next summer and finally look like a hot girl"

:cool2:From what I can see in the picture you are already a hot gal. Don’t let other people’s inability to see true beauty keep you from seeing your own.:grouphug:

I was considering getting banded at the time, this was the straw....

I was babysitting our neighbors 4 year old daughter and my kids and her were playing in the pool, I was sitting on the edge watching them when she came up to me and gave me a hug and said "You have bigger boobs than my Mom."

It was true, they were bigger, but I'm a guy:crying:. By the end of the next week I had booked my surgery. I now have smaller boobs than her mom!!:grouphug::thumbup:

It was a totally innocent comment from a child, but it made me realise just how out of control I had become...

Thanks to Ryanne.

I have 2 uncles who, every year at thanksgiving and christmas say something about my weight. They act like they are surprised that I am fat, even though I have been fat for over a decade. One, who is big himself, always graps my shoulders and says I'm as big as a bear. The other one always says "so what are you up to now, 300?" I really dread seeing them today.

one of my co wworkers said that locing weight with a lap-band is not the "real way" to loseweight. Shes about 200 pounds fatter than me. Maybe her fat isnt real fat.

I was sitting in a restaurant with friends. I was the only one facing the 2 jerks Iam about to tell you about. It caught my attn that the man facing me kept saying "its a shame" over and over and louder and louder. I started paying attn to him and noticed he was starring at me. Then he said it again its a shame and the man whom he was with turned to look at me. I then watched him say to the guy, its a shame she is so pretty and fat. Iam a size 18 and although big I had never experienced ANY prejudice for my weight. With every bite I took he starred me down and shook his head with disgust. So when the gals suggested dessert I jumped on it. We decided to split a chocolate cake thing with Syrup on it. I smiled at him and even winked at one point and starred at him with joyful eyes with every bite of cake. When we left they said what a shame what a shame what a shame as I walked by. I just laughed with my friends and left. My friends to this day have no idea what went on. It was hurtful but I wasn't about to let that jerk know. I later hoped he would choke the next time he was in a restaurant and die from lack of oxygen but I took it back (Iam afraid of bad karma) and wished him well and said a prayer for him.

Wtf? I dunno about anyone else but if that where me as I was leaving I would of either spit on him or given him a black eye for being such an ass