Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friends - no pressure then

Jodi - to you and MrsFlipFlops I apologize. It wasn't you guys to whom my reply was aimed at (I had hoped that was obvious, but maybe not).

I just don't care for caustic let's-cause-a-fight-just-because type people/posts. It's one thing for people to disagree and debate a topic, but to just come out swinging to be a jerk, and claim you don't care... yeah, that bugged me.

Sadly, you got caught in the crossfire. Sorry ladies.

OK, that's cool...I'm not a big fan of negativity myself; especially here where everyone is coming for much needed support. :smile:

Okay Jodi, I can't go on without commenting. Your avatar is so cute! Every time I see it it makes me smile. Thanks for making my heart happy :-)

Isn't that just the sweetest thing??? My sister gave me a refrigerator magnet with that picuture on it...I just love it.

Glad you enjoy it :biggrin2:

I truely have no friends other than this web site. With this being my 15th move in 20 years it has been a challengeto make friends. I don't car if my number says 0, it is not a reflection of how I feel when I read these posts, get answers to questions or even find apost that I can give an answer to help someone else. Of course as I read through the replies to this post I see a lot of repeat posters, but I don't see any from the person who started the whole thing. I do enjoy reading the thoughts and opionions from others who can really understand me and where I have been. Thank you all for starting and keeping this site active so that when the lapband was mentioned for my life I had a place to go and find honest information. This site is great even if some people find a way to detract from it's purpose. Please keep posting even if I am not your "friend" you are mine.

I really think the original poster just did not fully understand the feature (like myself). Thanks to others for explaining it as you defended it. I keep thinking I have to stop checking in here so often so I do not try too hard to see what other features there are here - it is hard to find the time just to read the posts but you guys make this sound worthwhile.

I would just prefer it to be under the user CP and not in the current location. I hate seeing 0 friends it makes me feel like a loser (and not in the good way.) I get that some of you like to keep track of each other and thats great I just don't want to see that x person has 20 friends and I have none. I know a little childish but I can't help it.

... :rolleyes2:! it doesnt bother me one bit tho cuz i can still access the site & get inspiration, advice, support, & lots of good ideas from EVERYONE!

Right on, this is exactly it!

LOL!!!!! I didn't even know what it was til I went into my cp and changed my signature...... I guess it would help, me keep track of the people I am interested in reading.. but maybe we "hang" out on different threads.. LOL! Heck I don't know :rolleyes2:

What is it with this friends number? So I have no friends - is that supposed to make me feel better, more inspired to lose weight, more wanting to come visit this site? Whose idea was that then?

Loads of people who visit this site seem to have no friends. :confused2:

Don't you think that people with friends already know it? This is a silly no-use addition to the site and should be got rid of.

I'm going to get flamed for this post, but since I have no friends I don't care.:rolleyes2:

Ask someone to be your friend and then they'll probably ask you back!:rolleyes2:

I truely have no friends other than this web site. With this being my 15th move in 20 years it has been a challengeto make friends. I don't car if my number says 0, it is not a reflection of how I feel when I read these posts, get answers to questions or even find apost that I can give an answer to help someone else. Of course as I read through the replies to this post I see a lot of repeat posters, but I don't see any from the person who started the whole thing. I do enjoy reading the thoughts and opionions from others who can really understand me and where I have been. Thank you all for starting and keeping this site active so that when the lapband was mentioned for my life I had a place to go and find honest information. This site is great even if some people find a way to detract from it's purpose. Please keep posting even if I am not your "friend" you are mine.

You are right, this is a great place for friends. If you don't move before November....I'll PM you and maybe we can meet up. I go through Abilene to get to our place in TX. A small town about an hour out of Abilene called Comanche. I love meeting up with fellow bandsters!!!

Kat