Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rename Rants & Raves Board

From the times I have visited the Rants and Raves section, it should have been named the "Fight Club". :thumbup:

I say that affectionately so, please, no one kill me. :lol:

You're right, lol, it should be called fight club but then can we "talk about fight club"? At least fight club had rules right? I don't know if it's a room that could ever be pleasant for everyone. Sometimes I think people just post stuff for shock value, especially when it comes to things like religion and politics or whatever is popular or unpopular at the moment. It does happen to be the most interesting place on Lap Band Talk though, it's can be like a car accident you just can't stop looking!! brandy II

I tell ya, I think some of those posts are definately for shock value and just to see what can be started. Kind of like going out looking for a fight and not really caring who with.

I think it is definately interesting at times.

You're right, lol, it should be called fight club but then can we "talk about fight club"? At least fight club had rules right? I don't know if it's a room that could ever be pleasant for everyone. Sometimes I think people just post stuff for shock value, especially when it comes to things like religion and politics or whatever is popular or unpopular at the moment. It does happen to be the most interesting place on Lap Band Talk though, it's can be like a car accident you just can't stop looking!! brandy II

It's so like a car accident!!! I try to stay away, but I'm sucked back in. No willpower I tell you! :smile:

Round and round the block we go just to watch the show. :smile:

Kind of like the other day at my house. I had another stupid panic attack (my meds didn't stop this one at all). Ended up that my son called an ambulance because of the chest pain I get with it and there were sirens everywhere. You can never just get a nice quiet little ambulance around here. Gotta have the ambulance, fire and rescue, and the police AND this lucky time they even sent a fire truck because....well, I am not sure why.

Talk about feeling stupid when they wheel you out. The whole neighborhood and all the strays out there on the sidewalk to see what happened. Oh well, would have been me if it was someone else.

Having everyone stare at me is almost worse than the panic attack itself! :crying:

if something like that happens to me i make sure to tell them to only get an ambulance and they dont need the sirens lol

Round and round the block we go just to watch the show. :crying:

Kind of like the other day at my house. I had another stupid panic attack (my meds didn't stop this one at all). Ended up that my son called an ambulance because of the chest pain I get with it and there were sirens everywhere. You can never just get a nice quiet little ambulance around here. Gotta have the ambulance, fire and rescue, and the police AND this lucky time they even sent a fire truck because....well, I am not sure why.

Talk about feeling stupid when they wheel you out. The whole neighborhood and all the strays out there on the sidewalk to see what happened. Oh well, would have been me if it was someone else.

Having everyone stare at me is almost worse than the panic attack itself! :thumbup:

That sucks, but at least you live in a good town for an emergency! My daughter had lorazepam when she was in HS for the panic attacks she'd get during the day. It was a pretty over crowded school and just going into the halls between classes would set them off. Supposedly it worked fairly quickly. Today I forgot my new antidepressant and by 6:00PM I started getting my "brain sparks" like I have when I go off it completely and it was just a few hours late! I thought maybe my new med wasn't working and then I looked in my pill case and I had just forgotten to take it! :smile:

Hope you're feeling better, brandyII!

Oh yeah, I am feeling much better now. I was on Lorazepam for a while and found that it puts me into an extremely foul mood. I will cry and cry for hours. I even told them this at the hospital last week. What did they do after that? Gave me Lorazepam. My doctor got wind of it when we got home and gave the hospital "what for" because of it. I was a mess for about 48 hours.

Not sure what set it off. I wish I could isolate the trigger so I could avoid them. So far, no luck.

Which antidepressant do you take? I take Cymbalta and love it. I take it at night before I go to bed.

I take prozac for aniexty and depression well I'm bipolar hehe :P

oh and I like cheese and brandy is my friend :P

Oh yeah, I am feeling much better now. I was on Lorazepam for a while and found that it puts me into an extremely foul mood. I will cry and cry for hours. I even told them this at the hospital last week. What did they do after that? Gave me Lorazepam. My doctor got wind of it when we got home and gave the hospital "what for" because of it. I was a mess for about 48 hours.

Not sure what set it off. I wish I could isolate the trigger so I could avoid them. So far, no luck.

Which antidepressant do you take? I take Cymbalta and love it. I take it at night before I go to bed.

I was on Cymbalta for a couple years and have just recently switched to Pristiq which is one of those slow release types. So hopefully it will work for me, I took my missed dose but am still having those awful brains sparks, they make you kind of dizzy in a way but you actually feel it in your head too, it's very weird and uncomfortable. Not panic attack uncomfortable!

I'm surprised they'd put you on something that you told them didn't work for you and you had bad side effects on. So dumb!

My daughter hasn't really had them in a while (panic attacks) and she's now on cymbalta too. It was about two years ago when she was having them quite often. I'm trying to remember are you kind of new on cymbalta? I hope they go away for you, I can't believe you still have them but have they been reduced? That could be a good sign. The people I know that have them have stopped so far, so good, knock on wood! My daughter would get them like you did too when they weren't really expected.

Anyway take care and I hope you don't have to go through another episode like that again! brandyII:smile:

cheese as in food, like laughing cow OMG orgasmic. yes and brandy ILU :P

oh and I like cheese and brandy is my friend :P

Oh man. I love cheese. I wish it wasn't so easy to eat.

I've probably drank 30 20ozers of Water today...so hot -diemelt-