Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PB with Choking... couldn't breath!!

So, I guess I had my first PB yesterday, but it really scared me... i couldn't breath for about 15-20 seconds until I finally threw up. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this?? I couldn't talk or breathe, it was very scarry!! I ate brocolli which my nurse told me to stay clear of, but I've never had any problems with anything else, so I tried it like a dummy... it was cooked well, but after that I will never do it again!! IS this a normal PB experience, or did I just have bad luck and choked on my PB??

No idea on the choking thing -- I did not have that, I was just really uncomfortable, and sweaty :thumbs_up:. Glad you made it through OK.

I am on a business trip, and of course, there is always a "walking" vendor/food dinner reception. I took the plate that was offered to me and began my tour of vendors (and, please don't comment on the type of food I ate, we can deal with that later :frown:. On my plate was a small oat/wheat roll with sliced BBQ, to which I added a bit of BBQ Sauce (picture the size of a raquetball for diameter), also had a spoonful of polenta, and three strawberries. All seemed to be going fine. Finished my plate after several walk arounds of the vendors. Then I spotted some sweet potatoes, mashed to the point of almost liquid. The chef handed me a small cup to which I sprinkled a bit of bacon. I took one bite and knew in an instant it was wrong. Ended up in the ladies room, and did what I guess was a PB -- first time. Bad feeling -- was sweating, and felt shaky. Only thing that came up was that bite of sweet potatoes and bacon.

Is it possible that my band has finally settled and there is real restriction, or did I just blow it with the actual food choices?

I think that it was a normal PB experience I was banded on 2/28/08, and had my first PB on this past Sunday I was eating meat loaf of all things. I had taken a small bite and I guess it got stuck I couldn't talk and felt like my chest was going to burst. It wouldn't go down or come up on its own. I know you should avoid vomitting and this was the first time I had ever did this but the only way I got relief was to stick my finger down my throat and induce vomitting I felt better but felt sore.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches