Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a break from LBT

Sometimes people just ask a question - or post a post- as a means to reach out. Perhaps they know the answer, but they just need to feel some reassurance from others who have been there before them. To me, many of the posts I see on this forum, and every forum that I have spent time on- even this particular post- seem an effort to connect to people in some way. I am not sure that is is the question that is so important, but the sharing and affirmation that we are not alone in this crazy process. We don't necessarily need the answer, we need the contact and that you don't get from reading an old thread.

Even this post mirrors many similar threads throughout this website- Couldn't you have simply read what other people have written that mirrors what you are feeling on this topic-ie. irritation with others for not doing/behaving as you think they ought? Or do you get a different experience from the interaction from writing your own and hearing what people think today, this moment?

KaW?

That's true Kat, sometimes I just need reassurance.

For instance I read a post about someone who ate like, 2 candy bars and a shake. It really sounded like the person just needed reassurance that they're NOT a bad person, and some cheering from the LBT cheering squad. I love LBT, gripes and all, because I don't know anyone in real life who had the band... I mean know as in someone I can share and talk with. My family, I can share with them, but there are some things they just don't "get". I have totally new fears that I never had before and new feelings. It's nice knowing the LBT is here for all those types of thoughts, stupid, repetitive, or not.

It's really easy for me to ignore post that that tend to irritate me.

I go to my subscribed threads and post in there. Those are the ones I like. If I am in the mood, I will go to new posts, but if I read one that irritates me, I sure don't post in it, because it will become a subscribed thread. I just read it and shake my head.

Wow, EricaLyn -- what's it like to be so damned wonderful?

Don't let the door hit you in the _ss on your way out. Buh-bye!

Hahahaha, this thread got nasty. Yes I see people complain that shouldn't be complaining, yes people **** up their bands when they know they shouldn't. People make mistakes, eat what they shouldn't etc. We are all humans. These people come on here for comfort to let them know that they made a mistake and it's not the end of the world.

yes I have complained myself about people who whine...but just people who caused their trauma themselves.

A lot of people do things not even realizing they're doing it until it's too late. Your brain plays tricks on you.

But I still love everyone here. There is way too much positive that has helped me on this site when I was WAYYYYYYYY down in the dumps. I love each and every person on here and a select few I love a ton because they gave me a little uhmphhhhh when I needed it and they know who you are.

This site is amazing, and everyone who wants to be banded, has been, or has had problems, who hates the band, whatever. Everyone deserves to be able to talk here.

:rolleyes2:

And that was my positive 2 cents for the rant forum today. :rolleyes2:

I've been thinking about taking a break too. Mostly because at this point, I'm not learning a lot new about being banded but I haven't got my band yet so I can't contribute on the threads asking for advise and experience.

Holy crap, some of you people are mean. BayCity, Nancee, and larinShine, are you like that to everyone in your life, or just when you can hide behind anonymity? I've seen threads with this type of complaint many, many times, just like the threads that complain about grammar or about family members not understanding or what have you, but rarely do they inspire the vitriol that some of these posts have shown. The OP voiced a legitimate, reasoned-out, and common rant, but your responses were none of those things. That says far worse things about you than the OP's post does about her.

ETA: MacMadame, I'd be sorry to see you go, but I understand your point. You're so well-informed and I always enjoy your posts, even though I'm generally a lurker.

Edited by Ninja

MacMadame,

I know about breaks as I totally freaked out and needed a break because I guess I just got too invested and the other day I just felt like I was being hit in all directions, not just on Lap Band.

So as that's been said I just want you to know that you're a real asset to this forum banded or not banded yet and I appreciate all you've contributed and find you to be one of the most interesting people here and always enjoy your posts! I wish I had come to this forum prior to banding would have learned a lot more.

brandyII.:smile:

Wow Jen, you sweet defender you. I'm on my way to a memorial service, so I'll keep this short. For your information, I love and respect those in my life dearly. Having a friend die in a horrific car accident on Friday night really puts things into perspective. I came very close to not responding to your accusations, but then decided it would benefit you if I did. In responding to EricaLyn, I was simply stating that if someone needs a break from something (which she clearly stated she did), I found it surprising that she would keep coming back and posting more rants to the site she was initially ranting about. Does that make sense to you? I apologize if I seemed insensitive.

Not insensitive, larinshine, but petty and mean. How hard is it to skip over a rant you don't like rather than telling the poster she's not wanted here? I don't see that anyone gains any benefit from that, other than possibly making yourself feel better for a moment at the expense of someone else. It sounds like you're going through a rough time and that's a pretty common reaction, but that doesn't mean it's a good reaction. You may disagree, and that's fine. I'm truly sorry about your friend and wish better times for you and yours in the future.

Aw, how sweet you guys are... I'm not really going anywhere. I'm just going to try to take it EASY until my band journey gets back on track.

Unless WasA talks me into getting a sleeve, that is. :smile: There are no great sleeve boards that are like LBT though. :crying: