Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"On the Border" and "Starbucks" saved me today

I am 4 days post-op and still on Clear liquids. I'll be on Clear Liquids for 10 more days (my surgeon has his rules). But today I got a little sick of my typical broth, sugar free Jello, and "Propel" meals . . .

So, DH took me to Starbucks for an iced tea. Yum. Then he ordered take-out from On the Border . . . and he ordered just the broth from their tortilla Soup. It's very clear, like a chicken broth, with some spiciness to it that was JUST what I needed to get rid of this splenda-ish fruit flavor in my mouth that I'm sick of.

Guess it's time to get creative with the broths!

Any suggestions welcome!

I was banded on June 3rd. I am also dreading this post-op diet for another 9 days! I am on Protein Shakes, Jello, ice pops, yogurt and cream Soups. I was dreading another can of creamed Soup until I went to the local Health food store and bought me some great soups that look delicious, I hope the taste just as good as they look. We can get through this together.

I was banded on 6/3. My Dr advanced me to Stage 2 on Saturday. These are same things that helped me. Wonton Soup broth from the local Chinese food joint, Misco soup strained, Isopure ( GNC) it has 40 g on Protein. I am assuming you bought SF popcicles, best deal was at costco $5.79. Lemonade and limeade. Hope that helps!

Better then boulion chicken base.... one teaspoon with 8 ounces of warm/hot water... NOT BOILING... and one scoop of 100% whey from GNC unflavored... It was such a treat for me after the sweet items... I had it a lunch time to break up the day....

OMG . . . I honestly don't know how I am going to make it for 9 more days on CLEAR liquids. I am actually CRAVING an Atkins shake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches