Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How does this work?

I'm in the last month of my 6 month supervised thing with my primary care physician (PCP). I've already sent all of the paperwork to my Bariatric people, and I'm awaiting my first consult with them. Here's my question: How does this work from now? :unsure:Do I ask my PCP to give me all of the records from my 6 month visits or does the insurance contact them and get the records from them on their own? He has written me a letter of recomendation, stating that he has supervised me for the 6 months, but do they need the records of that too?

If anyone has any experience, please help! BTW, I have HUMANA Insurance.:thumbup:

I don't know if everyone does it this way, but I can share what I did. I used the dietician on the bariatric team to supervise my 6 month diet. I am assuming, since the surgeon's office submits for your preauthorization from insurance, that they would need the documentation from your PCP, and the letter, and they submit everything as a package to the insurance. If you haven't seen the surgeon for your consultation yet, I would get copies of everything from your PCP (you usually have to get records from the PCP for the surgeon anyway), make a copy for yourself, and take the records with you to the surgeon appointment. If the surgeon requires any testing (I had an echo and stress test) they will tell you and you would request that those reports go to both your PCP and the surgeon. When the surgeon has everything, his office will submit you for approval. They will tell you what all you need. And if your insurance requires referrals you will need one for the surgeon, the psych evaluator, and the dietician, plus any tests they order. Good luck!

Edited by PATCHELTON

you can call your surgeons office and ask them.. but what I had to do is get all the paper work and the letter from my doctor and bring it to the surgeons office. So make sure your PCP wrote the letter get the 6 month notes and have them ready to bring with you to see your surgeon :tongue2:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches