Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got approved! Surgery date is 06/13

Just found this web site last night. I've been in the process of getting approved since the end of Jan. My letter went in to the insurance and they requested one more test. I am having that done tomorrow so I think I should be getting a surgery date in june, I HOPE. Don't really know what to expect. I havenot really done much homework and did not think to check the web I am fairly a newbie on the computer also...........Anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Hey Jen

welcome to the site. i have been reading for a while and still new to posting on the boards. this forum has so much info, everyday i find something new just from browsing some older threads.

i am having surgery on the 10th so i will be able to answer any questions you have. hope the insurance works out

stay in touch

Jeff

Hi! I have been reading these threads for months now too. Today I scheduled my surgery for June 26th, I am so excited and nervous!!!! I am so happy to finally have hope!!!

Pleeease let me know how everything goes for you two!! Good luck!

:( YAY!! You're having the surgery this month too. I'm mor excited than nervous, but I'm sure I'll be nervous when the surgery date gets closer. I can't believe that this is happening. I was so afraid that my Insurance would deny me. Imagine this time next year all of us would be healthy and hot!! I feel like I've been trapped in this body for so long. I have all of my friends on standby just in case I get a little ahead of myself. They can bring me back down to earth. I'm a little nervous about the new me. I've never been a normal size, all I know is being heavy. I always felt like the best friend material and never the love interest. I hope the surgery and subsequent weight loss will bring out the confidence in me that I've lacked for so long. We can all be each others support system. Good luck to all the June patients.

I am glad to know that everyone is happy and excited about their decision to have this surgery. I can't lie, it's hard to admit that you can't do this on your own, I haven't told many people about this. My sister knows, my husband of course, his surgery is this week and two friends. My husband has been tempted to eat, but hasn't! I am so proud of him. We just keep on talking about how hott we are going to be. We moved to DFW about two years ago and miss all of our friends in California. But we figured that we can go back to Cali in December and WOW everyone. It's not to be deceiving, but when everyone makes the remark "oh, you have such a pretty face". It makes you want to jab them in the eye with a pencil.

Needless to say, I'm excited, nervous, anxious and about to be broke. We are self-pay and it will cost us $30k for both of our surgeries. But it's worth it. We have two kids to live for, let alone one another. I don't think I would have been able to do this if it wasn't for him. He's my rock!:ohmy:

I can't wait to have my surgery and put my "ticker" up there and let everyone see the weight falling off of me. I'm committed to this thing, I have a bike, elliptical machine and a treadmill at the house. We have started working out on them while being on the pre-op diet and are doing great.

Good luck to everyone. I will log on after my surgery and let you know how I feel. :cursing:

hey jlg

i have been debating who i should let in on my secret. as of now just my parents know, unless they told people its just us 3. neither of my 2 sisters know but they don't live at home anymore.

one thing i am going to have to do is get a treadmill in the house. i know i will use it if it is there. i also have a stationary bike but i must say its probably from the 70's and not in good condition. luckily my insurance is covering the op so i guess i could look at it as saving 15k. i can use some of that to get some equipment:thumbup:

good luck

I am glad to know that everyone is happy and excited about their decision to have this surgery. I can't lie, it's hard to admit that you can't do this on your own, I haven't told many people about this. My sister knows, my husband of course, his surgery is this week and two friends. My husband has been tempted to eat, but hasn't! I am so proud of him. We just keep on talking about how hott we are going to be. We moved to DFW about two years ago and miss all of our friends in California. But we figured that we can go back to Cali in December and WOW everyone. It's not to be deceiving, but when everyone makes the remark "oh, you have such a pretty face". It makes you want to jab them in the eye with a pencil.

Needless to say, I'm excited, nervous, anxious and about to be broke. We are self-pay and it will cost us $30k for both of our surgeries. But it's worth it. We have two kids to live for, let alone one another. I don't think I would have been able to do this if it wasn't for him. He's my rock!:ohmy:

I can't wait to have my surgery and put my "ticker" up there and let everyone see the weight falling off of me. I'm committed to this thing, I have a bike, elliptical machine and a treadmill at the house. We have started working out on them while being on the pre-op diet and are doing great.

Good luck to everyone. I will log on after my surgery and let you know how I feel. :cursing:

You too!! I swear if i hear one more person say you have such a pretty face, I'm going to gouge their eyes out..LOL!! That's great that you have a support team. I haven't told anyone in my family except for my mom and sister. I'm not really sure why I haven't told them. I doubt they would be supportive anyway, they would probably try to talk me out of it. I have an old friend who I have not seen in years and I'm planning on going down to GA to see him for Christmas. It would be wonderful for him to see me looking smoking hot. I have to mentally prepare myself for not eating whatever I want. I will mourn the loss of eating chocolate everyday. LOL!! Yeah I'm going to put my ticker up too. I may even put up a before and after pic, I have to search for a decent pic though. I hate taking pictures. I'm looking forward to that as well...taking pictures and going on trips and just feeling comfortable. Those little things people take for granted is what I can't wait to get to. I actaully have a treadmill (its a clothes rack right now) maybe I will dust it off. I also have a gym membership. Oh boy I can't wait!! You guys are great. I love this board

Jeff,

Not sure where you are located, but you can always try "Play it Again Sports". That is where I got one from. Mine was actually new, but I got a great price on it. I also got my recumbant bike from there too. The elliptical machine, I got a great deal on, only $2500 sounds like a lot, but it was a used one from a personal gym. The lady bought it and had a personal gym, she was a trainer, but never used that one. It was practically new and was commercial grade. I checked it out and those are the same ones that they have at 24 hour fitness. There's no excuse for me not working.

As for you telling people, I know that I'm not telling anyone else, not even my twin brother. Just like a guy, no offense, he was 320lb, cut out whole milk and went to skim, started eating chicken and walking and is down to 240, which for him is great. He's 7lbs lighter than me right now. But you know something, when he see's me in December, I am going to be smoking hott. I can't wait.

I wouldn't tell anyone else if you feel that they wouldn't support you or try and talk you out of it. It's a personal decision and if they have never been heavy, they will never understand.

I know, I am so excited. The little things are what I miss most, flying comfortabl on an airplane, buying clothes in a regular store, not just Lane Bryant, Dress Barn and Ashley Stewart. Going on trips and taking alot of pictures of ME! not everyone else. Playing with my kids as well. I have a 6 year old son and 4 year old daughter who mean the world to me, and it hit home one day when my daughter hugged me and she told me she loved hugging me because I was "smushy". I almost beat up a 4 year old that day. HAHA. But seriously, I want to be an active Mom with them. With 95+ degree heat in DFW, who wants to be wearing long sleeve shirts because you hate your arms, or my husband shorts because the ones I bought last summer no longer fit.

I welcome being Thin, healthy and Hott! Can't wait until June 13, 2008. Friday the 13th will no longer be a bad day for me.

hey all

just had my final appointment today with the surgeon. scheduled for tuesday the 10th.

has anyone else been having lapband or surgery dreams. i have had some weird ones....not nightmares though, well kinda.

last night i dreamt instead of losing weight i doubled my current size:scared2:. that was the worst one. there have also been some others but none worth sharing. anyone else?

just some of my favorites

GNC 100% whey is my favorite Protein Powder so far. i mix it with skim plus which i already drank but was also recommended by nutritionist. i tried unjury which was recommended but i hated it. i found it hard to get the powder to dissolve. the GNC stuff dissolves quick.

favorite sugar free ice pops are Bomb Pop ice pops. they are the red white and blue ones. i tried the sugar free Popsicle brand ice pops and they don't even come close.

if i think of anything else i will keep you all posted

2 MORE DAYS!!!!

Hey all. I am new to this site and love all the information that is available. I am wondering how long does it take on average for insuracne approval? I started going to True Results in Austin, TX on 02/13/08. I was doing the 6 mos weight loss study when I got a big road block on 05/19/08. Come to find out my insurance would not cover me to have surgery or be seen by True Results. So I have been transfered to SW Baratrics Dr. Steven Fass and had my first meeting on 06/05/08. He said he would do my surgery and was sending a letter to the insurance for approval. So now the waiting game is on again. Oh the one good thing I did find out about from the new dr is that the Weight Watchers I was doing previous to starting True Results will count as my 6 mos weight lost study!!!

Edited by regang30

for me the whole process took 3 months to the date. on my first visit to the docs we scheduled the surgery and he gave me a bunch of referrals to other docs to start getting tests done. i did most of my tests within the first month but i had one mix up. originally i was told i didn't need a stress test but ended up needing one.

before i even did the stress test i was OKed by my insurance company. i did not have to do any paperwork myself, the docs office took care of all that. they have a very good success rate of approvals so they knew exactly what needed to be done.

i am having surgery in 2 days which will be 3 months from the original appointment

i hope that helps. feel free to ask any other questions

Hey all. I am new to this site and love all the information that is available. I am wondering how long does it take on average for insuracne approval? I started going to True Results in Austin, TX on 02/13/08. I was doing the 6 mos weight loss study when I got a big road block on 05/19/08. Come to find out my insurance would not cover me to have surgery or be seen by True Results. So I have been transfered to SW Baratrics Dr. Steven Fass and had my first meeting on 06/05/08. He said he would do my surgery and was sending a letter to the insurance for approval. So now the waiting game is on again. Oh the one good thing I did find out about from the new dr is that the Weight Watchers I was doing previous to starting True Results will count as my 6 mos weight lost study!!!

Hi Regan,

I started my journey in Novemnber of 07'. I too was given a list of doctors that I needed to see prior to them submitting my paperwork. I have Aetna and my doctor told me I would need the 6 month doctor supervised diet. I completed everything in May and my paperwork was submitted on a Thursday and the following Wednesday, I was told by my insurance company that I was approved. I think it differs for everyone. I think I was approved because I also have servere sleep apnea and my BMI is around 54. Don't worry about the insurance, your doctor will tell you exactly what you need to do.

YES! Someone else is getting banded on Friday the 13! I am NOT superstitious, though. In fact, I've always kinda thought 13 was a lucky # for me, if anything.

I'm in the Tampa, FL area and going through JourneyLite and Dr. Tiffany Jessee. I only have to do one week of pre-op diet. I'm on 2 Protein Shakes and one high Protein, low carb meal each day.

I'm very excited and a little scared at the same time. You can email me. I don't really do the instant messaging thing.

Sherrie:laugh:

Hi,

I just got my approval yesterday and my surgery is set for June 1. Good luck to you!

Hey Cindy,

congrats!

how did you find this thread? its almost a year old.

i had my band for almost a year now and dropped about 50 lbs which is 1/2 the weight i wanted to lose. 50 more and i am at 170 which is my goal.

good luck!!!